EDITION10 the greatest DYNAMIC HPin the world surpass PS1000,HD800,T1
Jan 15, 2011 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

ATHFANe

New Head-Fier

To say in short
ED10 is a powerful HP with large soundstage and analyze
IT MIDSTAGE BEATS HD800,HD800's midstage seems so thin compared to ED10

PS1000'S LOW FREQENCY IS TOO FAT COMPARED TO ED10

T1 's sound stage is too small copared to ED10,and is is too dark compared to ed10

ed10's bass is powerful like L3000 and ED7,ed9.THEN IT'S  ANALYZE IS FAR MORE GRAET THAN l3000,AND TI IS FAR MORE NATURE THAN ed7,ed9.

ED10 GREATEST dyn. hp IN THE WORLD

more and more headphone i have owned please see :http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_40f078a90100cw8a.html

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 42
Glad to hear your enjoying them.  General consensus around here seems to be that they are treble monsters.  Wasnt the ED 7 also plagued with the same issue ?.  Apparently a defective pad issue in some pairs .

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 42
I just visited your blog and I must say your collection of high-end headphones is very impressive!  So, if you like your Edition 10 more than your other headphones, then they must be very impressive indeed.

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #8 of 42
Impressive collection indeed. However, I would rather own a Ducati and a BMW M3.  Would love to audition the Orpheus.  Curious, do you have another alias here of "Deltaspirit" who's been trying to sell the Minibox amp for a very long time?

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #10 of 42
Yes fanboyism, and extremely overpriced headphones... that's what this is..

But in all seriousness if you like them then great! As for me they sound good but cost too much for what they bring to the table. I'll take a HD800 or T1 over them any day, but that's my opinion.

Jan 15, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #11 of 42

To say in short
ED10 is a powerful HP with large soundstage and analyze
IT MIDSTAGE BEATS HD800,HD800's midstage seems so thin compared to ED10

PS1000'S LOW FREQENCY IS TOO FAT COMPARED TO ED10

T1 's sound stage is too small copared to ED10,and is is too dark compared to ed10

ed10's bass is powerful like L3000 and ED7,ed9.THEN IT'S  ANALYZE IS FAR MORE GRAET THAN l3000,AND TI IS FAR MORE NATURE THAN ed7,ed9.

ED10 GREATEST dyn. hp IN THE WORLD

more and more headphone i have owned please see :http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_40f078a90100cw8a.html

I don't care if this guy is a fanboy.  All power to him.  I'm glad to see these headphones are generating that much enthusiasm.  In my view, a rising tide raises all boats.  If Ultrasone has discovered the key to great sound, let us learn something from that fine company.  I've never felt the HD800's mids were "thin" but I do agree with a couple of his comparisons, even if I've never had an audition with the Ed10.  The PS1000 is a fantastic rocker but its mid-bass hump doesn't go with all music, especially classical.  On the Schindler's list soundtrack, the first and second violins are prominent on my other Grados but on the PS1000, it's the cellos that stand out.  If I were listening mostly to classical, I'd find that distracting.  I also agree with this guy's criticism of the T1, that the soundstage is "too small" and "too dark," though that's a comparison I'd make if I were A/Bing them with the HD800, a headphone that has a huge soundstage and a more prominent high end than its predecessors.

Then again, a good part of the difference may be in the shells.  These shells seem wider than the T1's but more enclosed than the HD800.  Laying aside the obvious "pride of ownership" bias, there may be advantages to the way Ultrasone has approached its task.

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #12 of 42
Guys, keep in mind that the Edition 10 are not the only high end headphone he owns, so it's not like he's recommending them without comparisons to other headphones in its class.  He literally has almost any high end headphone you can think of(most of the recent stuff), so if he finds the Edition 10 to be most impressive out of his collection then that is really saying something about the Edition 10..

Quote:
  This reeks of fanboyism.. and the need to justify ridiculously overpriced headphones

I disagree with this assertion.  The Sennheiser HE90, a headphone that regularly goes for thousands of dollars, is often descrided as the best headphone ever.  And to many who are non audiophiles any headphone over 50 dollars is overpriced.

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 42
I love your pics. :D They just scream enthusiasm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back