EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread
Jan 25, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #76 of 306

.........and are a part of the Kickstarter campaign end product after reaching the stretch goal. .

Yes, that's exactly what I suggested Jack to do last November along with some other suggestions Jack implemented accordingly as stretch goals (with short intervals) during the course of his campaign  
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #77 of 306

Yes, that's exactly what I suggested Jack to do last November along with some other suggestions Jack implemented accordingly as stretch goals (with short intervals) during the course of his campaign  
wink.gif

Great! Thanks for the suggestion. We're all benefiting from it. 
smile.gif

We could have more of such helpful suggestions. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #78 of 306
Alright guys, I had to sell my JH 16 a few years back due to money issues. I am now ready to get back into some nice IEM's. Looking around the site it seems that I am going to pull the trigger on the Legend R. 

My question is:
A lot has changed since I left the scene & want to know what some good and great DAPs would be for these. I would like to sit around $500 range but I can go higher if there is a significant performance improvement. 

Thanks for the help

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #79 of 306
  Alright guys, I had to sell my JH 16 a few years back due to money issues. I am now ready to get back into some nice IEM's. Looking around the site it seems that I am going to pull the trigger on the Legend R. 

My question is:
A lot has changed since I left the scene & want to know what some good and great DAPs would be for these. I would like to sit around $500 range but I can go higher if there is a significant performance improvement. 

Thanks for the help

The pairing of Hifiman HM-901a (USD 999+) and Earwerkz Legend R, to me, offers incredible synergy. 
Being a neutral sounding custom, and delivering all that details, layers of emotions, incredible mids and bass, the Hifiman HM-901a, gives the Legend R that extra bit of sweetness in musicality. Absolutely toe-tapping goodness and my favorite and very enjoyable combo in a very very long time.

Alternatively, the newest Cayin N6 (USD 600+), also pairs great with the Legend R, while less sweet compared to HM901a combo, it still delivers toe-tapping output. 

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #80 of 306

The pairing of Hifiman HM-901a (USD 999+) and Earwerkz Legend R, to me, offers incredible synergy. 
Being a neutral sounding custom, and delivering all that details, layers of emotions, incredible mids and bass, the Hifiman HM-901a, gives the Legend R that extra bit of sweetness in musicality. Absolutely toe-tapping goodness and my favorite and very enjoyable combo in a very very long time.

Alternatively, the newest Cayin N6 (USD 600+), also pairs great with the Legend R, while less sweet compared to HM901a combo, it still delivers toe-tapping output. 

So, are you rockin the standard amp card?

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #81 of 306

So, are you rockin the standard amp card?

Oh yeah. And the standard amp card makes the music sweeter. 
I do mix it up with the IEM card, for a more Legend R All-natural sound and that combo is my favorite among the amp cards (3rd card is the Discrete Card).

At this point, i wouldn't change a thing with the HM-901 and Legend R set-up. They are to me, a match made in audio heaven, 
L3000.gif

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #82 of 306

My question is:

Thanks for the help

I just picked up a Cowon Plenue P1 for $999 from B&H Photo and have been loving it with my other IEMs. It's neutral with a slight tinge of warmth and great bass energy. I can see it pairing quite well with the Legend R, but I won't know for certain until mine are ready (hopefully later this week).

In the $500 range, the Fiio X5 and iBasso DX90 are your best options if you want something new. I haven't heard either, however, but both are well reviewed for their sound quality although their UI's aren't up to par with with the P1 or Astell & Kern DAPs.

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #84 of 306
L
This is what I've been using with my Legend lately.

Wow looks really awesome. Shane, how's the synergy between the Legend R and the Norne cable? I'm trying to find a third party cable for mine.

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #85 of 306
L
Wow looks really awesome. Shane, how's the synergy between the Legend R and the Norne cable? I'm trying to find a third party cable for mine.

The Norne cable is SPC and so is the stock cable, so I didn't detect any differences on initial switch and I've never switched back. I can say that Norne cables have the highest end build of any I've ever used. It looks fantastic, so I've ordered a couple of others to finish off the looks of some customs. To top it off, Norne is very fairly priced compared to other high end cable makers.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #86 of 306
The EarWerkz stock cable (colors: Phantom Black and Titanium Silver - Length Choices: 50" and 60") is Silver Plated Tinsel Wire.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #87 of 306
The EarWerkz stock cable (colors: Phantom Black and Titanium Silver - Length Choices: 50" and 60") is Silver Plated Tinsel Wire.

Though to make it even more comfortable, I removed the actual memory wire as well as the plastic sleeve. Now I have to find a way to make that first inch or so stay twisted.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #88 of 306
Though to make it even more comfortable, I removed the actual memory wire as well as the plastic sleeve. Now I have to find a way to make that first inch or so stay twisted.

Yeah, I saw that.  Didn't want to say anything when I saw a picture of the memory wire removed.  The memory wire doesn't bother me as it's shortened compared to other manufacturers' memory wire.  It's actually my favorite stock cable I have seen or used.  Maybe you can enlist the services of a 3rd party cable company and have them re-braid the cable for you.  I actually like the stock cable more than the Estron Linum for the Legend R.  However I prefer the Linum for the Supra.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #89 of 306
Yeah, I saw that.  Didn't want to say anything when I saw a picture of the memory wire removed.  The memory wire doesn't bother me as it's shortened compared to other manufacturers' memory wire.  It's actually my favorite stock cable I have seen or used.  Maybe you can enlist the services of a 3rd party cable company and have them re-braid the cable for you.  I actually like the stock cable more than the Estron Linum for the Legend R.  However I prefer the Linum for the Supra.

I think if I twist it and apply my daughter's hairdryer it should work. Unlike most people I hate the L jack terminal though so I might re-do that.
I received my Linum T2 BaX with my CE6P yesterday. The new version is more comfortable than the old one simply because it's a few inches longer to the Y-split. Very useful for fat faces!

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #90 of 306
I think if I twist it and apply my daughter's hairdryer it should work. Unlike most people I hate the L jack terminal though so I might re-do that.
I received my Linum T2 BaX with my CE6P yesterday. The new version is more comfortable than the old one simply because it's a few inches longer to the Y-split. Very useful for fat faces!

Okay cool.  Let us know how that goes if you can, please.  EarWerkz will be working on a revision to the L jack terminal.  Regarding the Estron, I didn't like the first version of the Linum either, but the newer version for the Supra is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back