EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread
Jul 31, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #301 of 306
Confirmed by Mr Vang , impressions in and now patiently waiting for LegendO , at least a pair of Flare R2a should up to fill the void for next few weeks , I been 100% daily on 4Rs
past few years , now going with a little variety and hopefully improve listening , as I have many many hours a week with IEM on.
new to me this summer will be,
1. Legend O "1st Custom"
2. Noble savant "U" (as of today ,until legend shows the K10 are my personal DEMO favorite,hopefully this changes)
3. Flare r2a "U" (had to try for price along, 1st day seem fine so far )

I figure It's like havering 2 cars , a work POS/high mileage daily driver and weekend "SUNDAY" car.

Good to hear that. I hope you will enjoy Legend.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #302 of 306
Confirmed by Mr Vang , impressions in and now patiently waiting for LegendO , at least a pair of Flare R2a should up to fill the void for next few weeks , I been 100% daily on 4Rs
past few years , now going with a little variety and hopefully improve listening , as I have many many hours a week with IEM on.
new to me this summer will be,
1. Legend O "1st Custom"
2. Noble savant "U" (as of today ,until legend shows the K10 are my personal DEMO favorite,hopefully this changes)
3. Flare r2a "U" (had to try for price along, 1st day seem fine so far )

I figure It's like havering 2 cars , a work POS/high mileage daily driver and weekend "SUNDAY" car.

Almost likeminded we are :)   Omega's my 1st ciem, and also will have the Savant at the end of August
I got the Trinity Delta instead of the Flare R2A ^^ (I still prefer my Duoza over the Delta so far though)

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #303 of 306
Just quick question, has anyone tried pairing the Legend R with the Fireye HDB amp? Just curious on the pairing...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #304 of 306
Does the Legend R or Omega have the same house sound as the supra? I have a custom supra that I find has good bass (a bit rolled off), pretty good highs, and nice and accurate (but thick) mids. Sometimes the mids seem so thick that they almost sound muddy to me. Is it possible that this is due to poorly engineered tracks, rather than the supra? I'd like to improve upon the soundstage and separation, which I'm fairly certain the legend will provide, but I'm concerned that it will have the same 'thick' sound in the mids that the supra does.

I keep going back and forth between the Legend R/omega or CT6E.

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #305 of 306
  Does the Legend R or Omega have the same house sound as the supra? I have a custom supra that I find has good bass (a bit rolled off), pretty good highs, and nice and accurate (but thick) mids. Sometimes the mids seem so thick that they almost sound muddy to me. Is it possible that this is due to poorly engineered tracks, rather than the supra? I'd like to improve upon the soundstage and separation, which I'm fairly certain the legend will provide, but I'm concerned that it will have the same 'thick' sound in the mids that the supra does.

I keep going back and forth between the Legend R/omega or CT6E.

The Supra (especially its mids) is closer to the -R's voicing.  The Omega is in some ways, the inverse of the -R.  Where the -R has a midbass lift, the Omega has more of a sub bass lift (with a more linear midbass).. in a word, I'd describe the Omega's mids & highs as, "airy."  The -R's mids are certainly more lush in comparison.. and the -R's highs are more rolled off.  The Omega has a tinge of coloration in the highs, too.. a little crisper and better extended than the -R's treble, IMO.

In short, the Omega is what you'd want.

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #306 of 306

The Supra (especially its mids) is closer to the -R's voicing.  The Omega is in some ways, the inverse of the -R.  Where the -R has a midbass lift, the Omega has more of a sub bass lift (with a more linear midbass).. in a word, I'd describe the Omega's mids & highs as, "airy."  The -R's mids are certainly more lush in comparison.. and the -R's highs are more rolled off.  The Omega has a tinge of coloration in the highs, too.. a little crisper and better extended than the -R's treble, IMO.

In short, the Omega is what you'd want.

My god, that sounds exactly like what I've been looking for. It's hard to find quality sub bass without a mid bass hump and compromised mids. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back