EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread
Jan 23, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #61 of 306
Both are SPC wire. The stock gray plastics1 cable that EarWerkz has is my favorite stock cable. It's thin, doesn't tangle, has great ergonomics. But it's plain and nothing special to look at if that kind of thing matters to you.

The BaX is super thin and it's plug is absolutely tiny. It's unlike anything else on the market. You literally do not feel it on your ears or against your body. If you want your ciem to disappear as much as possible, this is the cable to use. Seems pretty rugged to, based on Estron's literature.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #62 of 306
Both are SPC wire. The stock gray plastics1 cable that EarWerkz has is my favorite stock cable. It's thin, doesn't tangle, has great ergonomics. But it's plain and nothing special to look at if that kind of thing matters to you.

The BaX is super thin and it's plug is absolutely tiny. It's unlike anything else on the market. You literally do not feel it on your ears or against your body. If you want your ciem to disappear as much as possible, this is the cable to use. Seems pretty rugged to, based on Estron's literature.

Hmm thanks for the comparison! Let me think about it more. The Estron being so thin is what is currently appealing to me since i am wearing glasses and thick cables that run over my ears tends to make me feel uncomfortable when i wear them for a significantly long period of time.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #63 of 306
  Friend from Hotlanta... Have you tried the Penta?? :)

Am I right in thinking the Penta is the EW-5? http://www.earwerkz.com/ciem/ew-v

If so, I did actually audition it along with the 6, the Supra and the Legend R. I didn't love the 6 and the 5 as they weren't my preferred sound. They were similar in sound signature in that they were a little bright for my taste (keep in mind I'm pretty sensitive to treble and prefer warmer sound signatures). It's very much in line with the EarWerkz house sound, but I greatly preferred the Legend R with the Supra being my second favorite IEM.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #64 of 306
Just ordered a Norne Audio Vorpal cable for these. Shane's pictures and all the head-fi reviews about the quality of their cables sealed the deal. I ordered them in red with black faceplates, so the red herringbone cover for the Norne cable should look damn slick. I'll be interested to see if there's a difference between the Vorpal and the Estron cables.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #65 of 306
Am I right in thinking the Penta is the EW-5? http://www.earwerkz.com/ciem/ew-v

If so, I did actually audition it along with the 6, the Supra and the Legend R. I didn't love the 6 and the 5 as they weren't my preferred sound. They were similar in sound signature in that they were a little bright for my taste (keep in mind I'm pretty sensitive to treble and prefer warmer sound signatures). It's very much in line with the EarWerkz house sound, but I greatly preferred the Legend R with the Supra being my second favorite IEM.

Its a new product my friend. You need to go check it out! :)

https://twitter.com/EarWerkz/status/556978213713219585

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #66 of 306
Its a new product my friend. You need to go check it out!
smily_headphones1.gif

https://twitter.com/EarWerkz/status/556978213713219585

Oh man! I definitely will. I should be picking up my Legend R next week if all goes to plan. I'll ask Jack about it then.

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #67 of 306
Oh man! I definitely will. I should be picking up my Legend R next week if all goes to plan. I'll ask Jack about it then.

Sweeeeeet!! That's ridiculously fast, btw.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #68 of 306
Sweeeeeet!! That's ridiculously fast, btw.

Earwerkz's 10-days turnaround. The standard. nuff' said. 
biggrin.gif

And the Legend R ... it's crazy...  they keep getting better. It's another step up since you've last heard it jelt2359.
Just to be sure it's not me, the guys who last heard them, tried them as well and confirmed the Legend R has improved. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #69 of 306
Earwerkz's 10-days turnaround. The standard. nuff' said. :D

And the Legend R ... it's crazy...  they keep getting better. It's another step up since you've last heard it jelt2359.
Just to be sure it's not me, the guys who last heard them, tried them as well and confirmed the Legend R has improved. 

I'm still here waiting for both my supra and legend and you already burnt in your supra :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:. Hahahaha

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #72 of 306

Hmm thanks for the comparison! Let me think about it more. The Estron being so thin is what is currently appealing to me since i am wearing glasses and thick cables that run over my ears tends to make me feel uncomfortable when i wear them for a significantly long period of time.

The Estron Linum BAX cables are a very welcome addition to the Earwerkz gears. 

I'd say they perform better than you'd expect and priced very well then you'd believe. Oh yeah, and they're as tough as nails too. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #73 of 306
Funny, at the beginning of the Supra campaign I asked Jack to have the Linum BaX as a stretch goal and consider mmcx termination. He replied

"Ah i see! We've experimented with MMCX in the past and haven't had too great of luck in terms of durability. The Linum balanced cable is excellent. While it doesn't improve sound exponentially, it does help, it is an overall very well built cable.

Glad he decided to add the cable as a stretch goal and the synergy is there.

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #74 of 306
Funny, at the beginning of the Supra campaign I asked Jack to have the Linum BaX as a stretch goal and consider mmcx termination. He replied

"Ah i see! We've experimented with MMCX in the past and haven't had too great of luck in terms of durability. The Linum balanced cable is excellent. While it doesn't improve sound exponentially, it does help, it is an overall very well built cable.

I agree with MMCX though. Not sure why it's so popular in Japan...

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #75 of 306

I believe Jack was referring to the MMCX termination's durability as the concern (which explains their lack of universal adoption?).

The Estron Linum BAX cables are tough as they get for cables and are a part of the Kickstarter campaign end product after reaching the stretch goal. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back