EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #91 of 306
Okay cool.  Let us know how that goes if you can, please.  EarWerkz will be working on a revision to the L jack terminal.  Regarding the Estron, I didn't like the first version of the Linum either, but the newer version for the Supra is better.

I was hoping someone would tell me the hairdryer method works before I melt it.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #92 of 306
I was hoping someone would tell me the hairdryer method works before I melt it.

Wanted to mention to be careful, but I wouldn't try it myself.  There is definitely a risk of damaging the integrity of the cable, as you are attempting to fuse/braid the cables together by using high heat.  Safest bet, re-braid the cable without using high heat, by either doing it yourself or enlisting a 3rd party cable company to braid the cables together.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #93 of 306
Wanted to mention to be careful, but I wouldn't try it myself.  There is definitely a risk of damaging the integrity of the cable, as you are attempting to fuse/braid the cables together by using high heat.  Safest bet, re-braid the cable without using high heat, by either doing it yourself or enlisting a 3rd party cable company to braid the cables together.

Or I'll just leave them as they are because when wearing them, one can't see the first couple of inches anyway.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #94 of 306
Or I'll just leave them as they are because when wearing them, one can't see the first couple of inches anyway.

Let me know if you need a great local DIYer contact.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #95 of 306

Whatever floats your boat, I'd say! 
bigsmile_face.gif
  Decisions, decisions... 
etysmile.gif

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #96 of 306
Jan 26, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #97 of 306
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #98 of 306

EarWerkz will be working on a revision to the L jack terminal.

That's great to hear.. When I got my Legend-R, I mentioned to Jack that the only issue i had with it (it's a wonderful cable in terms of ergonomics, looks, etc.) was that the L-plug was a little too wide at the base of the TRS connection..I have a CaseMate slim case for my Galaxy S4 and the L-plug can't insert all the way due to the case's opening (around the 3.5mm socket) not being wide enough to accommodate the L-plug.

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #99 of 306

That's great to hear.. When I got my Legend-R, I mentioned to Jack that the only issue i had with it (it's a wonderful cable in terms of ergonomics, looks, etc.) was that the L-plug was a little too wide at the base of the TRS connection..I have a CaseMate slim case for my Galaxy S4 and the L-plug can't insert all the way due to the case's opening (around the 3.5mm socket) not being wide enough to accommodate the L-plug.

I agree, it is a wonderful cable!  We will see how the L-plug gets changed (pretty sure it will be slimmer, and can fit more cases, inspired by the feedback from you, I, and possibly others).  I'll be at CanJam in Costa Mesa, CA in March, so I will make sure to demo as many 2-pin cables as I can.  But regarding ergonomics, looks, feel, etc., the stock cable knocks it out of the ball park!  Love the custom design.  

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #100 of 306
If anyone is interested, I posted my review of the Legend R's smaller sibling, the EarWerkz Supra, here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor.

Have a great day or night, everyone! 
etysmile.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #101 of 306
Woots.

Constant lurker on the forum, and first time poster here. Just got my Legend-R today, in what must have been a shockingly short amount of time (13 days total for the shipping to earwerkz, crafting the IEM and the return shipping), so my thanks to the awesome work of the local distributor (Music Sanctuary) and Jack at earwerkz. 

Will post my impressions later for both my thoughts on its audio signature quality and the interaction with the distributor and manufacturer when I have time to sit and craft a coherent review, but preliminary impressions brings to mind words like phenomenal layering and a customer service that extends beyond the norm. Plus, when you consider that Legend-R  is fresh off the oven and not even close to being burnt in, and that I'm using a temporary cable in the interim till i get my balanced cable, its really shaping up to be an impressive beast of an CIEM.

In short, absolutely no buyers remorse or regrets whatsoever, despite this being my first CIEM purchase.    

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #102 of 306
  Woots.

Constant lurker on the forum, and first time poster here. Just got my Legend-R today, in what must have been a shockingly short amount of time (13 days total for the shipping to earwerkz, crafting the IEM and the return shipping), so my thanks to the awesome work of the local distributor (Music Sanctuary) and Jack at earwerkz. 

Will post my impressions later for both my thoughts on its audio signature quality and the interaction with the distributor and manufacturer when I have time to sit and craft a coherent review, but preliminary impressions brings to mind words like phenomenal layering and a customer service that extends beyond the norm. Plus, when you consider that Legend-R  is fresh off the oven and not even close to being burnt in, and that I'm using a temporary cable in the interim till i get my balanced cable, its really shaping up to be an impressive beast of an CIEM.

In short, absolutely no buyers remorse or regrets whatsoever, despite this being my first CIEM purchase.    

That turnaround time is spectacular considering you're an ocean away. Congrats on the Legend R, I think we're all looking forward to your review.

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #103 of 306
  Woots.

Congrats.. the crazy thing is.. with that kind of stupid fast turnaround, one would think the build quality or attention to detail might suffer.. uh.. nope.. the Legend-R is the most impressively built custom, inside and out, that I've owned.  I'm amazed by this fact every time I marvel at my -R.  Phenomenal job by Jack & Co.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #104 of 306
  Woots.

Hey, I am from Singapore as well, I just visited Music Sanctuary earlier today to audition the CIEMs they have, but I didn't buy any(waiting for Chinese New Year 
bigsmile_face.gif
).

I have a question, how is the customer service from Music Sanctuary? They people there were nice people when I visited, but I'm still worried.

I'm still deciding between the Kaiser 10 or the Legend R, my favorites during auditioning, can the people here help me make my choice?

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #105 of 306

Hey, I am from Singapore as well, I just visited Music Sanctuary earlier today to audition the CIEMs they have, but I didn't buy any(waiting for Chinese New Year 
bigsmile_face.gif
).

I have a question, how is the customer service from Music Sanctuary? They people there were nice people when I visited, but I'm still worried.

I'm still deciding between the Kaiser 10 or the Legend R, my favorites during auditioning, can the people here help me make my choice?

Another Singaporean lurker here! I can't recommend Music Sanctuary enough. In all my dealings with them they've been super accommodating. Calvin will ensure fantastic after sales service; he's even helping me out with the refit for my K10s despite me initially buying them from Noble directly. They also carry fantastic cables but that's a discussion for another thread haha.

Having tried the Legend R a couple of days ago, I do have to say that the K10 and the Legend R are two takes on the same signature, with the K10 being warmer and more rounded out especially in the lower registers, while the Legend is a touch brighter and bites with more aggression, having a slightly harder edge to the detail in the music. Your dilemma isn't particularly enviable; it's damn hard to pick between the stunning design of the Noble and the lightning quick turnaround and lower cost of the Earwerkz. Pretty sure you'll be happy no matter which side you go for though! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back