Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Feb 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #1,576 of 1,687
Quote:
If it were me, I denounced this matter on ES facebook, from Friday night to be there all weekend.

Although I like SM3's not like  ES services, when I bought mines paid $45 express mail and ES sent me for a 10$ standard mail. Last week from another online French store they did the same thing. Only in French stores make this to my tons of web purchases.

Did Weston filters fits on SM3 V2 tube?

Thx.

http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/professional-supplies/acoustic-modification-and-venting.html
They fit fine. I believe these are identical to the ones that come stock in the SM3v2. However, Westone only sells them per individual filter. You can buy them elsewhere foe approximately $15 for 10. Just google Knowles Acoustic Filters.

Feb 17, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #1,577 of 1,687
Quote:
http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/professional-supplies/acoustic-modification-and-venting.html
They fit fine. I believe these are identical to the ones that come stock in the SM3v2. However, Westone only sells them per individual filter. You can buy them elsewhere foe approximately $15 for 10. Just google Knowles Acoustic Filters.

Thanks that's a great piece of info. Will be trying this out and keep u lads updated...
SM3's still rock my mind out

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #1,578 of 1,687
The SM3 paired with the C&C BH portable amp sounds amazing.  The highs are more crisp and bright, transparency is much better along with a better and wider soundstage.  For people that have the SM3 or something like the BA200 or any warmer mid forward IEM the C&C BH does wonders to improve the sound quality and detail which you don't get from other $100 amps or even more expensive ones imo.

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #1,579 of 1,687
Hi Techno,

If you have time, can you test this and let me know if you like it?

Pull up the tip out just a little from the base of the nozzle.
Tie it up with a thin rubber band (Used in braces) so it doesn't slide back, or slide out and get stuck in your ears.
Test the depth by inserting.
Press play on your DAP.

Viola!

You just extend the stock bi-flange to make it go deeper.

Let me know how you like it.

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #1,581 of 1,687
So as of yesterday I have been able to get my hands on the new Westone STAR tips that were announced not too long ago, and I decided to try them out on the SM3 and I have been pleasantly surprised! Before I used the Shure grey flex tips and while they sounded good to my ear, they don't always give me the clarity I know is there for the upper treble. The grey double flange tips that come with the SM3s have good treble for me, but then other aspects are lacking. As of right now these STAR tips have been working out as a compromise between the double flange tips and the Shure flex tips.

Just wanted to give my two cents if anyone was pondering the pairing of these new tips and the SM3s! 
size]

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,582 of 1,687
So...my newly repaired SM3 suddenly stopped working. I sent them to France for repairs about a month back...total shipping plus tax plus maintenance offer was about $200 And now, I will need to send them back for about $100 shipping back and forth?

It's not just the build quality that falls short, it seems after sales service is also lacking in quality.

I emailed them hoping they would offer to pay for shipping. If not, then I have myself a very expensive SM3 stock cable for my other SM3.

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #1,584 of 1,687
This exact thing happened to me as well. I sent mine to be repaired because the right shell came apart, and when they sent them back to me, BOTH sides came apart within 24 hours. I was so pissed. I would ask for a replacement pair if I was you.
So...my newly repaired SM3 suddenly stopped working. I sent them to France for repairs about a month back...total shipping plus tax plus maintenance offer was about $200 And now, I will need to send them back for about $100 shipping back and forth?

It's not just the build quality that falls short, it seems after sales service is also lacking in quality.

I emailed them hoping they would offer to pay for shipping. If not, then I have myself a very expensive SM3 stock cable for my other SM3.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #1,588 of 1,687
EarSonics could have been a bigger, more successful company if they take quality a little more seriously. I was a strong supporter. Now I don't know what to do. They emailed back and said I would have to send them back... $100 back and forth shipping...with this and my previous repair bill, this unit is more expensive than getting a UM Merlin.

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #1,589 of 1,687
Seriously. I don't want to think about how much I've spent on my SM3 in total; easily mid-tier custom price range.
Quote:
EarSonics could have been a bigger, more successful company if they take quality a little more seriously. I was a strong supporter. Now I don't know what to do. They emailed back and said I would have to send them back... $100 back and forth shipping...with this and my previous repair bill, this unit is more expensive than getting a UM Merlin.

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #1,590 of 1,687
To echo the recent comments - that is unfortunately the main reason I did not keep the SM3. It's too bad the build quality and customer service is not very good. If this product was made by Sennheiser, Westone, Shure, or any other company in the US with good warranty service, I never would have sold the SM3. But paying 300+ and then not being able to count on having a reliable unit is just not something I was cool with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back