Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Sep 1, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #1,366 of 1,687
The SM3 has officially overtaken TF10s and regains the throne as my personal favorite IEM...it's not quite as exciting as the TF10, but the crispness, fullness, and realism of the sound really do win out whenever I feel like doing any kind of close listening. TF10s are great, but the SM3 sans filters really does it for me. Their ability to convey both power and delicacy definitely outstrips the TF10, IMO, and that is REALLY crucial in psytrance, which comprises about 90% of my listening diet.

Six months and still no upgraditis speaks volumes, IMO.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #1,368 of 1,687
I'm building a cable out of DHC Nucleotide right now (mainly for aesthetics/contest purposes), so when it is completed I'll let you know. Knowing that it's copper, it might make them WARMER, but hey, I love a good analog sound ^_^

I'm also planning on buying a Silver Poison cable from Toxic Cables, though that might take a little longer. Have to buy a new LGA1156 board for my desktop, and since they stopped printing them they are basically full price -_-

Oct 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,370 of 1,687
Hi everyone,

Longtime SM3 user here. The only tips that have ever given me the perfect seal have been the stock comply foam tips, but I'm tired of spending money on new ones over and over. Has anyone successfully used custom tips on the SM3 v2's? If so, from what company did you purchase your tips from?

Thanks very much for your help 

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,371 of 1,687
Yes,

the earmolds custom tips directly from Earsonics...very good combination!

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #1,375 of 1,687

Quote:
[size=larger] I bought sm3v2  a year ago , but this morning When I listen to music , right side phone suddenly split in the middle, on my ear :frowning2:( ,  I closed to plastic body immediately and checked it and I saw, there are two cracks in the socket entry and effect whole body , It has to be change all plastic cover ;[/size]

You're not the only one. I got mine a year ago too and I was loving it. I took it off and it easily fell apart.

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #1,378 of 1,687
Does anyone know where I can pick up a pair of these sm3's for a decent price? I've looked at earphonesolutions but they're out of stock...other websites either don't have them or seem a little too shady for me to purchase from. I found them on Amazon for $299 through a website called HIDEF lifestyle, but the price seemed a little too good to be true so I visited the HIDEF website and they are only offering the sm2's at $299. Can anyone help me out here?

Regards

EDIT: I'm in the U.S. if that makes a difference.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #1,379 of 1,687
try soundearphones.com. I bought SM3 from them and returned it without any issues, great customer service overall. They also ship overnight free in US.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #1,380 of 1,687
also try BLACKFRIDAY coupon code. 30% off for black friday. It may have expired though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back