Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Mar 8, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #798 of 1,687
That's nasty! How did it came-off?

I think the new version ships with 2 tips of each (dual-flanges and complys). That's what I know. @EraserXIV, how do you know if it's the new version?

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #799 of 1,687
That's how I tell too, the new version shipped with the dual-flange tips while the old version only shipped with complys.

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #802 of 1,687
Yep, it did.

Quote:
That's nasty! How did it came-off?

I think the new version ships with 2 tips of each (dual-flanges and complys). That's what I know. @EraserXIV, how do you know if it's the new version?

Quote:
Hmm I see, so yours came with 2 double-flange silicone tips as well as the comply tips?

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #803 of 1,687
!@Geruvah, uhhh doesn't that meant you got the old batch, i'm confused. The new batch isn't suppose to fall apart that easily and mine which is also new doesn't appear to get close to doing so. 

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #804 of 1,687
Just add a drop of glue and that thing will stay on forever. Earsonics obviously designed it that way for ease of serviceability.

One of the housings of my re0 also had the same problem when I dropped it a couple times. Glued it and no problems afterwards. Unfortunately, the other housing wasn't glued... I dropped it one day onto concrete floor while visiting Dunn Bros coffee house, and it fell apart so badly that even a wire was severed (only because part of the driver's circuitry is attached to the piece the shell that violently popped away from the main part).

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #805 of 1,687

Quote:
!@Geruvah, uhhh doesn't that meant you got the old batch, i'm confused. The new batch isn't suppose to fall apart that easily and mine which is also new doesn't appear to get close to doing so. 

Mine didn't either. There were no squeaks, looseness, or anything. It seriously just happened out of nowhere. I thought the old batch was done and over after 2011 came in.

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #806 of 1,687
Yeah maybe the old batch got mixed-up with the new package?

Someone should point this out to Earsonics, if they built their iems with QC approved. These iems supposed to do their thing with quality shell/housing. They have to wake-up and make their top-of-line products sealed tight. It's very disappointing to see these products fell only because of their poor built and not on it's SQ.

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #807 of 1,687
Yeah I believe the new batch happened somewhere in late 2010. Thanks for the heads up, I guess even the new adhesive isn't good enough. Hope it doesn't happen to mine. 

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #809 of 1,687
Well AJ had a recommendation for a good adhesive for this issue and it seems quite easy to get it together. The option of sending them back to FS for a repair is a safe-bet but it takes pretty long from what I've read. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back