Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Apr 19, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #1,682 of 1,687
Owned the SM3 V1, I liked the idea of a no-frills hi-fi pair of headphones but they ended up breaking. Figures. 
I'm glad they made V2, mind you that new connection is prone to failure itself, seems you just can't win these days. 

May 25, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #1,683 of 1,687
Mine's been in a custom shell since 2012 unfortunately the left ic connection just failed. Now I need to have them fixed and thinking of another reshell.

Mar 19, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #1,685 of 1,687
Just dusted mine off after 8 years.. Had to epoxy one shell back together and from before, I have modded them taking out the filters and using some random foam instead.. popped them in and gave them a listen.. still love that midcentric liquidy sound. Anyone know anything with a similar sound signature nowadays?

Jun 14, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #1,686 of 1,687
Just dusted mine off after 8 years.. Had to epoxy one shell back together and from before, I have modded them taking out the filters and using some random foam instead.. popped them in and gave them a listen.. still love that midcentric liquidy sound. Anyone know anything with a similar sound signature nowadays?
Nope. I've been searching for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back