***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Feb 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #438 of 611
The Live and Living doesn't really have weak bass, definitely not 1/10. The bass is VERY well done. Just, requires the foam sleeves to get a seal required. Try it.

PAA-1 is not very good, compared to the stock apple earbuds (with foams) they're almost on par, if not worse.

Ps: And the mystery earbud is the Dunu 5x Ex150  LOL

T_T

They're great but nowhere the level of Live to my ears

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #439 of 611

Quote:
The Live and Living doesn't really have weak bass, definitely not 1/10. The bass is VERY well done. Just, requires the foam sleeves to get a seal required. Try it.

PAA-1 is not very good, compared to the stock apple earbuds (with foams) they're almost on par, if not worse.

Ps: And the mystery earbud is the Dunu 5x Ex150  LOL

T_T

They're great but nowhere the level of Live to my ears

I enjoy your enthusiasm in regards to the Paa1, its funny how we all hear so differently.  What exactly do you find inferior inside the Paa1 compared to the apple earbuds?  To my ears they have more bass, better bass quality, more clarity throughout the spectrum and a larger soundstage.  They are also only $19US.

In regards to the bass quantity found in the Living and Live, I think our definition of what bass light, moderate and heavy is are very different.  I consider sets like the MX980 and Paa1 Pro Bass heavy.  A slamming low end that reaches very deep with a lot of rumble, broad and unbloated.  Sets like the Blox MC2, Pk1 and the Paa1 would be in the bass moderate zone, closer to a balance of bass quantity compared to the mids and highs.  Bass light sets would include the 9wave Pro, Pk3, Living and Live ect ect.  These earbuds possess a bass experience that feels underwhelming compared to their mids and highs, no rumble and easily become easily distorted with a decent amount of bass in the track.  Sets like the AKG k701 and the AD700 are bass light and the Living definitely sounds a lot like the K701s presentation.  Excellent spacious mids, peaky highs that are bright, lows that are very lacking.  This is just my view, I am not qualified to say you are right or wrong nor are you qualified to say I am wrong or right, to each his own, this thread is based on my views alone. :)

The dunu mystery buds are just that, mystery buds with no model number.  I have the Ex150, it was reviewed in this very thread.  This model is not the Ex150, it is much better.  MUCH BETTER and much DIFFERENT.  If anything, they are Rockys revised Ex150 after we spoke about the original.  He sent me this model with no tags or information so I have no idea what they really are, but the original ex150 they definitely are not.  I will agree they are not as good as the live though.  Despite being pretty good earbuds, this mystery model is not as good as the Live or the Living.  

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #441 of 611
I still think it is the best in clarity and bass response but it has too many downfalls for me to consider using it.  Usability is a huge problem with the MX980.  It isn't the most detailed and shocking in the imaging department like the Hisound Living for example, which has excellent airiness and spacial imaging as well as separation qualities.  There are other buds that are cheaper that outperform it in that area.  I am just not fond of that semi neutral signature, it sounded like the Shure 840 to me and thats not a sound I want on the go.  

My Paa1 came with my Studio P by Hisound, but yes you are going to have to order from overseas if you are here in the USA.  I don't think they have any American distributors.  The Paa1 gets my full endorsement, for $19 + shipping they are a steal.

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #442 of 611
yes the mystery Dunu is the new EX150, just received mine, gave them a quick listen, no burn-in, and i am impressed, good overall balance, i put the foam on them, i shall try without aswell. Very good soundstage too, i am very impressed with what dunu can do. I have the tridents and these. Although these are 150 Ohm so they need an amp, but fantastic sound.

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #443 of 611
Indeed, they sound very nice out of the E10.  I am glad to see Rocky changed things around for the better after last time we spoke about the ex150.  The revised version is a good earbud.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #444 of 611
swbf2cheater:

i listening to kpop, jpop, ballad, softrap and softrock.
got small ears, and break earphones easily.

i have narrow it down to these earphones:

Philips O'Neill SHO4507/28 (braided cords)
Hisoundaudio Paa1
blox m2c
YUIN pk3
MX580
MX471 (braided cords)
Sony MDR-PQ5

which one do u rec for me ?

maybe u havent heard of them but plz give me a commnents on those u know :p

and:
Hisoundaudio Paa1 vs blox m2c ?
paa1 i can get it from ebay quite cheap like 20 usd, and m2c for like 47 usd
is the m2c worth the 27 usd extra ?

btw using it with my sansa clip+, so no dac/amp

plz reply to me, you will decide what i buy :p

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #445 of 611
Yuin PK2 or PK3 for jpop/kpop.  You want something warm since bass is kinda emphasized in those genres.  You could try M2C but female voices may become fatiguing.  Also alot of those tracks the trebles are boosted for some reason (T-ara songs would be good examples).

PAA-1 is good, but they don't sound too well with vocals imo.
Quote:
swbf2cheater:

i listening to kpop, jpop, ballad, softrap and softrock.
got small ears, and break earphones easily.

i have narrow it down to these earphones:

Philips O'Neill SHO4507/28 (braided cords)
Hisoundaudio Paa1
blox m2c
YUIN pk3
MX580
MX471 (braided cords)
Sony MDR-PQ5

which one do u rec for me ?

maybe u havent heard of them but plz give me a commnents on those u know :p

and:
Hisoundaudio Paa1 vs blox m2c ?
paa1 i can get it from ebay quite cheap like 20 usd, and m2c for like 47 usd
is the m2c worth the 27 usd extra ?

btw using it with my sansa clip+, so no dac/amp

plz reply to me, you will decide what i buy :p

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #446 of 611
i hope you dont mind, i used your Dunu pic for creating a product page.
the model is called Dunu 5X 150.

also i love your Sig

regards

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #447 of 611
Last call to get in on the group buy for BLOX M2C earbuds. I have eight people committed and as of now, the price is approximately $39 shipped. If more folks join, the price will drop. I would like to request and receive payments by the end of the weekend and place an order immediately thereafter. If you are interested in joining, please PM me.

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #448 of 611

Quote:
I still think it is the best in clarity and bass response but it has too many downfalls for me to consider using it.  Usability is a huge problem with the MX980.  It isn't the most detailed and shocking in the imaging department like the Hisound Living for example, which has excellent airiness and spacial imaging as well as separation qualities.  There are other buds that are cheaper that outperform it in that area.  I am just not fond of that semi neutral signature, it sounded like the Shure 840 to me and thats not a sound I want on the go.  

I disagree on that matter. MX980 can be hard to use only outdoors, where may be difficult to keep them in place due to large sized earpiece. However, at home they do not cause much trouble. I have medium sized ears and find MX980 quite comfortable, they do not fall out of my ears, nor do they make them hurt even after 2-3hrs listening sessions. With proper fit they produce impactful bass, great separation and scene, along with extreme attention to details. MX980 delivers full bodied sound signature, a bit neutral, but not too much neutral. I consider them an audiophile entry set, undoublty one of the best, if not the best earbuds on the market right now. Fit may be a problem for some, along with outdoor usage, but then again I do not perceive that as flaws since I use them mostly at home. I also posses BLOX M2C, which are a nice fun-sounding set good for jogging or outdoors, but completely shattered by MX980 in almost every aspect of sound.

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #449 of 611
There are a lot of users who have fit problems. I am seriously happy for you that you get a decent fit, I just couldn't and it appears I am not alone in that failure.  It was a very sad thing for me, I've had dozens of conversations about it here on head fi with dozens of different users who all cried along with me that we just cant get a good fit.  We agree on everything else, the mx980 remains the king.  The hisound living has better depth in stage and comfort, but everything else is better on the Sennheiser, the 9wave Pro had a bit less depth but still remains a little superior in that 3Dish type sound. I want the Mx980 drivers inside the 9wave Pro or Living housing.  All aluminum, rock solid with more of a yuin style base instead of a super long one, yet one that is super long AND has a weird angle on the MX980 hehe.  I will be typing an email to Sennheiser about this, I want to help design a revision Mx980 just for the Head Fi community, something more user friendly and more simplistic.  I'd work for free :p

But yes, again.  I miss my MX980 every single day, every time I put an earbud into my head I long for it.  If it hadn't been for my custom Livewires, I'd be in a very dark place right now haha!

-Mike

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #450 of 611
I know a lot of users are unhappy with the fit, but there are a lot of happy people too. Of course it doesn't mean ergonomics couldn't be any better... More and more reviews of satysfied customers appear on both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk, as the price have been cut significantly. MX980 can ba problematic for some users, because they're larger than typical earbuds. Who knows, maybe it's impossible to manufacture an audiophile grade buds in a tiny housing...? Then again, I think it's a bit unfair to describe MX980 as totally uncomfortable, since many people find them good-fitting. It is very subjective matter. Personally I don'f find them super ergonomically designed, but it's no tragic for me. Like I said in my previous post, I couldn't use them outdoors, since the shell and everything is just too big and they can't stay properly fit in one place for walks or jogging. On the other hand, they do a perfect job indoors, for me and many other people as well.

If I may ask, have Sennheiser given you any information yet? I would gladly like to not see volume controller on the MX980 successor, since it's useless for me... Yes they can work for a bit better ergonomics, but the question is if it's possible in such a sound design. Another big question, whether BMW Designworks or Sennheiser itself will design the future flagship...? It's been a long time for MX980 on the market, so maybe they release the next one this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back