***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Feb 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #467 of 611

Quote:
Nice to see this thread being kept alive!

I want to get the MX980 before it gets dicontinued, but I'd prefer for the price to come down a bit more...

Amazon was selling them for 169$ a few days ago. Now, they bumped price to 199$, still lower than usual though...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035JKJ7C/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_g23_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0GJM3ZJW1VAWN0SVJSQJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #468 of 611
Australia had this website that was selling the 980x for 59 dollars. Dont make me cry guys. I did not pull the trigger!! lool!!

I got me an Aurisonics ASG-1 instead lool

Feb 26, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #471 of 611

Quote:
whree can I buy the 
Hisoundaudio Paa1 from I am in the US​

You will have to buy from overseas, Ebay or you can try to get a hold of hisound through their email contact on their website.

Quote:
Two words: Ebay Germany...

Ah, yes I browse it often but I am very cheap.  I guess I should have said " I have been looking for a cheap one for 8 years " HAHA! :p   I just bought another MX980 on ebay for $110 shipped new.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #473 of 611
Got the PAA1-Pro to test out.... out of the box not bad, a step below the impressive HiSound Live headphones, but if you love bass these are the ones to get.  I'll burn them in for 24hrs and see how they sound then. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #474 of 611
I agree with you on that, the Paa1 Pro bass is stunning if you arent prepared for it upon first listen.  Dare I say its more bassy and deep than the Mx980.  Well, it is actually.  I had to get a replacement Pro as I accidentally busted mine, totally my fault but as I sit here with my MX980 in my ears I desperately miss the deepness of the Paa1 Pro.  

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #475 of 611
Excellent earbuds review, I can say that your description of the PAA-1 Pro is spot on. They reminded me a lot of Senn HD650's, a rich/dark bassy sound. Definitely better than the Yuin PK2 that I owned before.

I own the Final Audio Piano Forte II's (got them as a freebie from Uncle Wilson when I bought a GR07 from Jaben) and while I hated them at first, I've grown to like their unique mid-centric sound, and it's very wide too. I do have to use the with the FiiO E6's red light mode (bass boost) to compensate for the almost non-existent bass.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #476 of 611
The Pro is everything the Sunrise Charm should have been.  Solid and potent bass with an above average stage and good mids.  Pretty much everything I want in my portable earbuds.  I'm tossed up between which I enjoy more, the Live or the Pro.  My review on both will be coming soon.  

Either way, Hisound is unquestionably the supreme overlord of earbuds.  They have winners in every price range, none of their stuff sucks, its all excellent values, excellent performers all around.

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #478 of 611

Quote:
The Pro is everything the Sunrise Charm should have been.  Solid and potent bass with an above average stage and good mids.  Pretty much everything I want in my portable earbuds.  I'm tossed up between which I enjoy more, the Live or the Pro.  My review on both will be coming soon.  

Either way, Hisound is unquestionably the supreme overlord of earbuds.  They have winners in every price range, none of their stuff sucks, its all excellent values, excellent performers all around.

I really have to stop auditioning the PAA-1 Pro at this local store... I'm very close to buying them (they're around $47) for a bassy counterpart to my low-end deficient Piano Forte II. If I had a nitpick, it's the flimsy I-plug but I guess that's easily fixed by reterminating them if it fails. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #480 of 611
Lot of action here. Well, at least from you, swbf2cheater.

Nice that you liked the ATH CM700TI. They were pretty good and if you can find them for around $100, give them a try! There are better earbuds, but the CM700 are comfortable and sound very good. They are very clear and detailed. It's just the slightly boxy soundstage that can bother you. But I didn't notice it until I got the Aiwa HP-D9 and compared it to the CM700. The CM700 soundstage is not very tall compared to other earbuds. Width is pretty good and depth okay. They do not really present music in a very 3D way, but still they are enjoyable. They respond well to EQ so you can push bass up a bit. But still they are not that good for very bassy music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back