DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 28, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #14,011 of 14,084
I do the same.

I keep a spare in the charger and swap when required.

I have two of the batteries...it’s a must on the road or on international flights...one less thing to keep charged...

Still I’m thinking of upgrading but not sure to what...I have my DX90 with Rockboxed and tweaked much that I don’t think I’ll be able to replicate the sound with a high end reference player...

Oct 29, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #14,012 of 14,084
I'm also interested to know if Lurker00's firmware will work with DX90j since this is the Japanese market release.

Am just curious if there were any regional restrictions because iBasso stuck a "J" behind DX90 and not for DX80 and the just launched (in Japan) DX150.

It's been a while since I've read the source material and Hibino has wiped the support pages for the DX90J and HDP-R10 off their site so Paul can correct me if I'm wrong:

As I understand it, Hibino handled hardware spec, assembly, and distribution for the Japanese market. The 'J' version of the player is functionally identical except for the purity of the silver solder used (higher percentage than the normal DX90, as stated in their marketing material). This probably has a measurable but not audible effect on the performance. IMO the main advantage is feeling as though there is a much higher chance the components used inside the player are not counterfeit.

Hibino made notable changes to the operating voltage, battery spec, output stage design, and the firmware of the HDP-R10 over the standard DX100. Fortunately or unfortunately the DX90J did not get such a dramatic treatment and as such, the Ibasso firmware is standard on both versions.

I'm currently using the modded 2.5.1 lurker00 release and feel it's the best version for the player.

There's also a mysterious third version of the player which made the rounds as a display piece at shows but was never mass produced. It uses OPA627s (same as the R10) rather than OPA1611s and has some associated changes to the capacitor spec. Who knows, it could be a variation that was once planned to become the final J version at one point. :spy:

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #14,014 of 14,084
Ibasso DX90 still is my favorite DAP even if I try ALOT of other one.
:black_heart::hearts::heartpulse::hearts::heartpulse::black_heart:

4 years of hardcore daily use and it still work BUT the gain switch begin to act strangely....and I don't know what to do to clean it or repair it...any idea???

(by strangely I mean it create distortion when switching as well as channel imbalance so i never know if it really sound right!)

Another question is where can I find a reliable more powerfull battery??

If anybody read this new bottled message in a old forum and have some answer: BIG THANKS TO YOU!!

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #14,015 of 14,084
Ibasso DX90 still is my favorite DAP even if I try ALOT of other one.
:black_heart::hearts::heartpulse::hearts::heartpulse::black_heart:

4 years of hardcore daily use and it still work BUT the gain switch begin to act strangely....and I don't know what to do to clean it or repair it...any idea???

(by strangely I mean it create distortion when switching as well as channel imbalance so i never know if it really sound right!)

Another question is where can I find a reliable more powerfull battery??

If anybody read this new bottled message in a old forum and have some answer: BIG THANKS TO YOU!!
I agree with you on the DX90 and sound quality - still my favorite after all these years (however - have not had the opportunity to listen to the latest rounds of DAP's from 2017 - 2018).

On the issue with your gain switch - you could try carefully using some contact cleaner squirted into the switch to see if the issue might be dirty contacts. I would suggest if you do this to remove the battery and after using contact cleaner to ensure it is completely dried out (at least a few hours) before putting the battery back in. If this does not help then it could be the switch needs to be replaced or maybe one of the solder joints has broken which would require someone with the right equipment and skills to fix for you - not terribly difficult but you also don't want to destroy your DX90.

On the batteries there are multiple replacement options available on Amazon and other online sources as well - just search for Galaxy S3 battery and you should see what's available. Getting something with significantly more capacity will most likely result in the battery cover not fitting - so if you want to maintain the stock cover then it will probably be pretty close to the stock capacity - maybe 5% or 10% more is possible (I see a 2500 mAh available - but not highly rated by customers).

Hope this helps - let us know how it goes on fixing the switch.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #14,016 of 14,084
I have bought a couple of JuBaTec batteries on eBay. They are very good.

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #14,018 of 14,084
Has anyone tried the sandisk 400 gb? I'm having issues with the card not loading past 192 gb. It's formatted to exfat and I've tried a reboot. I'm running V2.5.1
The DX90 will be able to store scanned files up to around 22,000. If there are more than that, they will not show up.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 15, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #14,022 of 14,084
I'm gonna need a bigger boat. Thanks Paul. Does the dx200 have the same limitations?
The DX200 and DX150 do not have the limitations.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back