1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jamato8, Dec 27, 2013.
First

Back
923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932
934 935 936
Next

Last
  1. bimbim
    With the current price, it’s better to get dx90
    The SQ is a lot better in my opinion

My friend got a dx80 and i have the dx90
    I compared it a bit but prefer dx90’s SQ.
    Since dx80 doesn’t have streaming ability, i would say just stick with dx90 if you already have it

I’m sorry if it’s seems silly, have you try charging it using another cable or another charger?

2. mitnickahead
    Hi,

Does anyone know suitable screen replacement for DX90? its 2.4 tft screen. my local workshop asked ibasso for the part and they told us that they have no spare left.

Thanks!

3. barok232
    Do you have any recommendations for a headphone amp to pair with the dx90? Be it solidstate or tube or hybrid

Also my headphones are the Fostex t50rp mk3 (planar magnetic)

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. Happytalk
    Dx90 tends to be a good source with most amps and as a stand-alone into a pair of powered speakers or preamp. As far as headphone amps. People love the ifi stuff. The fostex can be hard to drive. Maybe a desktop amp is the way to go. I’d stay with solid state with planars.

I have a question. Anyone have any suggestions for dx90 replacement batteries?
    I had some ravpower 2250mah Samsung s3 batteries. Lost one, and the other finally died. Can’t find them for sale anywhere. I have a couple made in Japan s3 batteries that i like, but the ravpower batteries really sound great. There is a difference. Getting the right battery for the dx90 is a fantastic tweak.

5. mingus
    I have been using the Anker batteries. The only thing I could find that made sense. My DX90 still gets a lot of use. I carry and extra battery for those long flights.

At some point would like a new DAP. Maybe when Bluetooth 5.0 appears?

shane55 likes this.
  6. Lurker0
    Search eBay for "i9300 battery", and you'll have a lot to choose from. Most of "original" batteries are fake. But there are aftermarket companies like Polarcell that still produce them.

7. Fabi
    The Jubatec ones, as good as ravpower ones with higher capacity

8. lian00
    I just bought a Jubatec. As I mainly use the DX90 as DAC, I have to change the battery quite often.

9. Happytalk
    I didn’t like the Anker as much as the ravpower or the original made in Japan s3 batteries. I’ll try the jubatecnif it’s cheap enough. Sad that the ravpower is gone.

10. burtomr
    FYI - I called Sunvalley the distributor for Ravpower asking about the S3 battery. This is the answer:

Hi Mark,
    I received an update about the availability of the battery in question (Ravpower)
    and warehouse informed me that the S3 battery has been out of production for a long time, we won't sell this battery anymore.
    We appreciate your interest in our product.
    Thank you.
    Best Regards,
    Marc
    Customer Service Associate
    1-888-456-8468
    SunvalleyTek Int.
    www.sunvalleytek.com

11. b1e1n1ni
    Nohon battery for sale in AE works very well.

12. shane55
    Have had very good results with JuBaTec batteries on eBay...

13. Mhog55
    I've narrowed my choices for my 2nd DAP down to two. Hifiman Supermini and Ibasso DX90. I like the idea of balanced audio and all that power in the Hifiman, plus I actually appreciate the super simple UI. I just want something that plays music quite well. That being said, the DX90 is no slouch in the power department, and I really like the simplicity of the UI with touch screen.
    I have a question regarding the firmware updates for the DX90. If I just download the latest version firmware, will I get all the benefits of all the previous firmware updates, or will I be missing out on some options?

14. lian00
    There are no "option" lost by update. The only difference is in the sound signature (regardless of optimisation work). You can play with the different firmwares if you want to test the differences.

15. Mhog55
    I would assume the sound only gets better with each update. Is this not accurate? I know sound is subjective, but that doesn't sound like a game I'd want to play - download each update to determine which sound I like best. Besides, should I prefer the sound of of say the 3rd update, wouldn't that mean I'm stuck with only the firmware updates to that point? If I download the latest firmware along with the 3rd update, can I choose the sound of that 3rd update, and still get the options from the latest firmware?

First

Back
923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932
934 935 936
Next

Last