DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 21, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #8,566 of 14,084
the file update.img when its extracted is 228,739 in size. (FW + Rockbox)

once its copied across to the root of the dx90:

4. Disconnect DX90 from USB and go to Settings >> Advanced >> System update and select "OK".

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #8,567 of 14,084
Originally Posted by marduk360 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

in all scenarios I copied the target update.img into the internal sd and tried to do a system update from the unit itself. No go on all scenarios. :frowning2:

The flash card shall be formatted with FAT32. Not exFAT. Find an old flash card of small capacity and try with it.

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #8,568 of 14,084
  The flash card shall be formatted with FAT32. Not exFAT. Find an old flash card of small capacity and try with it.

All my cards are ExFAT, without any issue, for flashing firmware or whatever.

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #8,569 of 14,084

All my cards are ExFAT, without any issue, for flashing firmware or whatever.

OK, sorry, it's recovery mode that does not work from exFAT. For flashing from internal drive, the flash card type does not matter.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #8,572 of 14,084
I only used the tool to flash the official fw, in all scenarios I copied the target update.img into the internal sd and tried to do a system update from the unit itself. No go on all scenarios. :frowning2:
In summary whatever update image I place in the internal; whether official or not doesn't get recognized.

That tool is essentially only for going back to 2.0, in all other situations just copy the img file to the root of the build in memory, disconnect from pc and then go via the menus on the DX90

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #8,573 of 14,084
Hi, I updated to Lurker's firmware the other day, but since I'm not sure about it, can you please confirm through the police in these pics ?

Also, the decompressed update.img (from the DX90FirmwareV2.1.0-Roboto-NoServices-Fast-Intl file) is 163MB, is that the right size ?

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #8,575 of 14,084
  Hi, I updated to Lurker's firmware the other day, but since I'm not sure about it, can you please confirm through the police in these pics ?

Also, the decompressed update.img (from the DX90FirmwareV2.1.0-Roboto-NoServices-Fast-Intl file) is 163MB, is that the right size ?

Is that Ranka ad Sheryl from Macross?

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #8,576 of 14,084

OK, sorry, it's recovery mode that does not work from exFAT. For flashing from internal drive, the flash card type does not matter.

So finally my DX90 was able to recognize the update.img in the DX90's Internal SD.  But when the update finished it said update failed.
But somehow the UI looks a bit different ... is this the Robot font? (So did I get to update to Lurker 2.1.0 successfully... finally?)

I full formatted the Internal SD by overwrite with zeroes; and then RKTool update to Ibasso 2.1.0; then finally System Update from the unit itself, Lurkers 2.1.0.
I guess there were some leftover junk data that the full format deleted. :)

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #8,577 of 14,084

So finally my DX90 was able to recognize the update.img in the DX90's Internal SD.  But when the update finished it said update failed.
But somehow the UI looks a bit different ... is this the Robot font? (So did I get to update to Lurker 2.1.0 successfully... finally?)

I full formatted the Internal SD by overwrite with zeroes; and then RKTool update to Ibasso 2.1.0; then finally System Update from the unit itself, Lurkers 2.1.0.
I guess there were some leftover junk data that the full format deleted. :)

Did you do a factory reset after the update? I have had a update failure due to corrupted FW so I downloaded the FW again and it worked. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #8,578 of 14,084
Guys, How is the warranty experience with iBasso? I have a line of stuck pixels, that won't go away (even after factory reset from recovery).

I've sent them an email via the 'Contact Us' link on their website.

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #8,579 of 14,084

Did you do a factory reset after the update? I have had a update failure due to corrupted FW so I downloaded the FW again and it worked. 

hmm.. here's the weird thing... i tried this again, but with the dual boot rockbox+lurker fw...and installed rockbox as per instructions... 
the update "failed" but im able to dual boot into rockbox and mango with no problems, fiddled with both and listened with both.... seems update was 
successful despite the "failed" message :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back