DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 29, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #4,321 of 14,084
  To clarify, I meant dsf wins over pcm. Tried it with the sacd rip converted to pcm 176 and 88 using weiss saracon

Can't properly compare by converting formats on a moderate consumer DAC. I know guys want absolute format answers but the only way to get them is to convert the same analog file with equivalent quality top A2Ds played back on the best DACs available. Your results are valid for your comparison and use but no more.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #4,323 of 14,084
  Looks the same as DX50. Is it out already?

Quite a few posts here suggest it is
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #4,324 of 14,084
Just writing to iBasso about my Scan/Browse message problem I can't get to disappear. Is there an email for support or is only option to use website Contact Us form?

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #4,326 of 14,084
Apr 29, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #4,328 of 14,084
  Hello there,

I just received my DX90 today.
Firmware is 2.00 and USB DAC seems to be implemented...
Wearing my W40 and go go go...

I sold my Shure SE535's recently because I found them to harsh with the DX50.

How's the pairing (SQ) with W40?
I'm in doubt between these & Dunu DN-2000's to with a DX90 soon...

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #4,329 of 14,084
Hello there,

I just received my DX90 today.
Firmware is 2.00 and USB DAC seems to be implemented...
Wearing my W40 and go go go...

The usb dac option is in the fw but the driver for the computer is not released yet

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #4,331 of 14,084
Quote:
  I sold my Shure SE535's recently because I found them to harsh with the DX50.

How's the pairing (SQ) with W40?
I'm in doubt between these & Dunu DN-2000's to with a DX90 soon...

for now it pairs very well. I didn't use EQ and listen to FLAC 44.1/16 or studio master quality 96/24 or more and it's very very good.
Very high definition, lot of details, A larger scene and very well balanced spectrum, from bass to treble thru medium.
I'll come back with further details after more hours of listening

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #4,332 of 14,084
*peaks in thread*

Quote:
I really wasn't talking about channel count...but ok. I hope this isn't an odd play on Shakespeare. That's some antiquated racial nomenclature you're bringing up there. In any case. I was hoping that the point I was trying to make would come across, despite my jest. It obviously didn't.

I was meaning to say that the considerations made in consumer (read: "non-audiophile") products, from both an engineering and end-game goal perspective, are fundamentally different. If you're the kind of person who wants a more neutral tuning, limited distortion, high S/N ratios, etc., as many people on headfi and specifically in this thread do, then the DX90 is your slice of pie. If you are more aligned with the goals of consumer products not directed at pure performance in the audio realm, then perhaps the single ES9018 mk2 implementations of the future will be more to your liking. There is appeal to both, but if I went on to an HTC One (m9) thread on android authority and dropped a dump on the DAC implementation for having too much THD or something, I wouldn't exactly expect a warm reception. Different strokes for different folks.

Kojaku

what about this? http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-5/audio-quality.htm

besides, if you look at the stats on those ES9018mk2 phones, they have good opamps too (good for a mobile device; not hard or expensive to put in a cheap mobile phone sized/power anemic amp setup; at the end of the day you're running off a battery which combined with the lack of size is a huge limitation on all these devices).

p.s. Fiio is debating whether to make a player that will beat the DX90 http://www.head-fi.org/t/715336/in-favor-of-double-es9018m2k-or-single-es9018

*runs out of thread*

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #4,334 of 14,084

You're right. I hoped the driver was shipped with the firmware. I plugged the DX90 USB onmy PC after selecting DAC and...
... Yes ! A software is loading on the PC and...
... No ! nothing else happened...
hve to wait iBasso release

Same for me. I haven't been able to use any of the newer players on my computer (Windows 8.1, 64-Bit, ONLY USB 3.0 ports :frowning2: )...Does anyone know if ibasso is actually going to add drivers and when?

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back