DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 21, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #3,902 of 14,084
Apr 21, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #3,903 of 14,084
  Just put the DX90 I received on Friday up for sale, http://www.head-fi.org/t/715395/ibasso-dx-90, Going to stick with X5.

can i ask why u chose the x5 over the dx 90

how does the sound compare to u, which has better bass and warmth

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #3,905 of 14,084
  can i ask why u chose the x5 over the dx 90

how does the sound compare to u, which has better bass and warmth

The x5 has more warmth and apparent bass but I would argue the DX90 has a more correct presentation of the range. Just IMO. His opinion is obviously different.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #3,906 of 14,084
Hi, does anyone know if the OTG function of the DX90 will allow me to use this with it: (?)

http://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/otg_compatibility

I've searched the thread and don't seem to see any info on this. Any info would be appreciated, thanks! 
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #3,909 of 14,084
ok let me ask it this way which has more low bass and mid punch the x5 or dx90

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #3,910 of 14,084
  The x5 has more warmth and apparent bass but I would argue the DX90 has a more correct presentation of the range. Just IMO. His opinion is obviously different.

If I recall correctly, you listened to the X5 for like 5 minutes and then passed on to the next reviewer. I remember because I thought you purchased one and asked you why you would purchase one but would not listen to it. At the same time, I have observed that you seem to be very conclusive of how "incorrect" or "bad" X5 sounds.... just saying.. maybe you have really good ears...

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #3,911 of 14,084
The X5 excels in the mid and highs, the DX90 in bass extension, contrary to others who said the X5 has more bass, I found it to have less. The X5 feels somewhat laid back in the bass but more analytic at higher frequencies while the DX90 is wide, extended in the bass, crisp and crystal clear in higher frequencies. Talk about two different daps, the dual dacs definitively makes a big difference. It's pretty clear we all have different impressions between the two players. Always the best is to experience it yourself until you do it will be hard to take one side versus the other. Just look at owners who had both, they made their own choices according to their taste in perceived sq and signature that they felt comfortable with.

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #3,912 of 14,084
The X5 excels in the mid and highs, the DX90 in bass extension, contrary to others who said the X5 has more bass, I found it to have less. The X5 feels somewhat laid back in the bass but more analytic at higher frequencies

Hi Jon, I agree to your comment regarding the X5 in the bass department. Sorry, I have not had chance to audition the DX90 yet. Maybe I will buy one later on after I have purchase more silly things first.

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #3,913 of 14,084
The X5 excels in the mid and highs, the DX90 in bass extension, contrary to others who said the X5 has more bass, I found it to have less. The X5 feels somewhat laid back in the bass but more analytic at higher frequencies while the DX90 is wide, extended in the bass, crisp and crystal clear in higher frequencies. Talk about two different daps, the dual dacs definitively makes a big difference. It's pretty clear we all have different impressions between the two players. Always the best is to experience it yourself until you do it will be hard to take one side versus the other. Just look at owners who had both, they made their own choices according to their taste in perceived sq and signature that they felt comfortable with.

Ya may be u right i found X5 more analytic. DX90's wider but X5's deeper 

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #3,914 of 14,084
Hi Jon, I agree to your comment regarding the X5 in the bass department. Sorry, I have not had chance to audition the DX90 yet. Maybe I will buy one later on after I have purchase more silly things first.

Understood, it's getting tough following new stuff, expensive and time consuming too. I couldn't help myself but had to quench my curiosity about the DX90 and therefore took a dive. You're lucky being able to sample daps, wish I could do that, it would make my buying a lot easier or maybe not. :D

Have fun but be careful about the wallet. :wink:

Ya may be u right i found X5 more analytic. DX90's wider but X5's deeper 

It seems to be the consensus or is it? :tongue_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back