DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 21, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #3,916 of 14,084
  I cant undestand why some ppl say DX90''s mid laid back, i feel it throw in the face and unnatural.... X5 sure more detail and neutral... Like i said Dx90 is wider but X5 is deeper. It's like my Re400 and Re600, 400's wider but 600's deeper...

now we are getting more confused by deeper and wider. this is simply too much 

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #3,920 of 14,084
  It arrived this morning, thanks DHL !!!
OMG this thing to my ears sounds better than ZX1 which is of course in the same league , but even right out of the box the 90 sounds fuller, more dynamic and sooo exciting, bass is awesome!!! ZX1 is clear and detailed, but this thing's got all that plus much much more, audio nirvana right now
L3000.gif

And thats after the ZX1 update last nite, hmm...

Yeah, I completely agree with you about the bass out of the DX90. It is glorious. It is my favorite part of the DX90 sound signature, right out of the box too, with no burn in yet, and it sounds amazing. It just hits so hard and is so tight and controlled. It is noticeably better bass than out of my iPhone, that is for sure.

One thing I noticed is that none of the equalizer presets really sound that great. They all sound like big steps down from non-equalizer. Anyone had good custom settings for the DX90 equalizer that they like and want to share? :)

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #3,921 of 14,084
I just love the battle between the two players, shows you how good they are. I still maintain that owning either of them is a delight and a bargain at that price. As far as I am concerned, I embrace them all and am extremely excited about the direction those bundle of joys are heading.

One thing I noticed is that none of the equalizer presets really sound that great. They all sound like big steps down from non-equalizer. Anyone had good custom settings for the DX90 equalizer that they like and want to share? :)

My advice : leave it off, the dap true color is when no EQ is used IMO.

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #3,922 of 14,084
  now we are getting more confused by deeper and wider. this is simply too much 

You should find a way to demo both players side by side. Spend time and find out which one you like. It will only make it more confusing as people try to go at different lengths to describe what they are hearing and perception and most of the time not mentioning what headphones they are using. You must understand these impressions are highly subjective.

At this point you can only trust your ears.

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #3,924 of 14,084
A good source with mediocre headphones will sound better than a poor source with good headphones.

Always been the way with hifi, get the best source you can and build from there. 

Actually I don't agree, the difference in the source (baseline is it can play hi res files) is subtle than headphones. A bad headphone can't just sound good with a better source. IMO, it's difficult to pick up subtle difference between DAPs if you have a crappy headphone. (It already sounded crappy to begin with). However, changing the headphone can give you the biggest gain in SQ and fidelity.

And a very good headphone will definitely sound better with better source.

Agreed

And yes
I had fidelios for testing and they were average for me
Nothing especial

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #3,925 of 14,084
Be it as may be, price is not an argument to decide whether a headphone or DAP is good or bad. Only listening to it is the only honest judge. It is possible to have lower priced headphones (Fidelio L2?) and DAP's (DX 50 or DX90), they can be better than higher priced ones. That's the joy of reading posts at Head-fi, to try and find those good priced products. 

If you look at market you notice that you get some quality only between some price range and nobody gives you a reference class for 50 usd anywhere

I understand your pov but your thinkangle is very narrow in this case

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #3,926 of 14,084
Be it as may be, price is not an argument to decide whether a headphone or DAP is good or bad. Only listening to it is the only honest judge. It is possible to have lower priced headphones (Fidelio L2?) and DAP's (DX 50 or DX90), they can be better than higher priced ones. That's the joy of reading posts at Head-fi, to try and find those good priced products. 

To be clear I only said better sounding headphone, not higher priced. Usually the price difference doesn't equate to the same SQ difference.

Agreed

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #3,927 of 14,084
Had a worrying vertical multi-coloured line (or two) on right side of screen last night. Relieved it disappeared after a restart. Anyone else seen this happen?

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #3,928 of 14,084
  Had a worrying vertical multi-coloured line (or two) on right side of screen last night. Relieved it disappeared after a restart. Anyone else seen this happen?

Not in DX90 yet but on DX50 sometimes a dot or 2 would appear stuck on the right side of the screen. A restart always fix it.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #3,929 of 14,084

Not in DX90 yet but on DX50 sometimes a dot or 2 would appear stuck on the right side of the screen. A restart always fix it.

That's good to here. No it was fulf side of screen, and all sorts of rainbow colours
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #3,930 of 14,084
I have figured out getting songs on the DX90 - what I was doing before was opening iTunes and dragging the artist and all the associated files over to the DX90 or SD chip - thinking that the file structure would stay intact - it doesn't - but if I open finder and look at the files themselves (the same sort of program as Windows Explorer) I can look up albums and artists - then drag over the file structure and it remains intact on the SD card as well as the DX90 - whew!

That's better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back