DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 30, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #8,731 of 14,084
Does anyone have any recommendations for an IEM to use with this DX90? for a good pairing of the two? I was looking at the Fidue a83s but not sure if it will sound think or to spacious and what not with the DX90s

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #8,734 of 14,084
  Does anyone have any recommendations for an IEM to use with this DX90? for a good pairing of the two? I was looking at the Fidue a83s but not sure if it will sound think or to spacious and what not with the DX90s

When I listen to classical music I hear a tick between tracks. I'm not sure if this is normal I posted about it a few days ago and got no reply. I will check with ibasso.

I was listening close to gapless today, I get no tick. 

Is there a solution to the delay when using it as a DAC for the PC? And if not, Is it expected in the near future? I would like to enjoy great sound with movies too

I asked iBasso about this and it does not appear so. Obviously for music it is fine but it seems with the processing of the signal, unlike a plug and play dac, there is a slight delay in the sound. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #8,735 of 14,084

I asked iBasso about this and it does not appear so. Obviously for music it is fine but it seems with the processing of the signal, unlike a plug and play dac, there is a slight delay in the sound. 

I will try ripping the CD again and see what happens, I used EAC setup correctly on this, will try CUERipper. Still can't understand why .cue files are not supported. doesn't make sense.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #8,736 of 14,084

was I quoted on accident

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #8,737 of 14,084
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #8,738 of 14,084
  What do you mean? I ask questions as i am supposed to in a forum
Another question that i didn't find answer for-Is it a microSD slot or a full size slot?

The iBasso DX90 is the first DAC/portable player I bought and I bought it after reading reviews on the Web about the product and this forum - see a very complete review here http://headfonics.com/2014/07/the-dx90-by-ibasso/.
All your questions have easy to find answers - you can grab the pdf manual of DX50 here http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20141008/201410080337136009.pdf wich gives you a good view at the possibilities of the product.

For the sound, you are the only one who can decide if you like it or not. I like it very much :)

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #8,742 of 14,084
I'm liking the Audiolab 8200CD very much in my home rig both as a cd player and as a dac fed via foobar from an older netbook upgraded with a 2TB internal drive from both optical and usb and does not find it sterile at all. Have not tried to feed it from DX90

Sterile wasn't the right word - I was trying to convey the audiolab products were apparently more technical proficient and a tendency towards being more digital sounding versus the less precise analogue sound from the Rega Dac. That was now I would summarise the many different reviews I read. I haven't listened to either yet.

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #8,744 of 14,084
  I decided to go with the DX90!  I hope i"ll like it

If you like detail, speed with precision, clarity, great separation and staging, natural timbre just lovely tonality. Now this is a more neutral sounding player then the x5 but it is not boring in any means, and it is still more than analytically detailed and what not, it gives its own intimacy in a way with it's tone and speed it has a special character in comparisons of the other couple DAPs that I have heard. Much more spacious, details, and especially clean and clear than the Ipod 5.5 with rockbox installed. Truly rivals some desktop DACs I have used, and that is saying something.

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #8,745 of 14,084
Sterile wasn't the right word - I was trying to convey the audiolab products were apparently more technical proficient and a tendency towards being more digital sounding versus the less precise analogue sound from the Rega Dac. That was now I would summarise the many different reviews I read. I haven't listened to either yet.

Fair summingup. I have a Rega DAC in front of my Tag McLaren (formerly Audiolab) hifi and it does add an analogue sense of naturalness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back