DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 30, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #8,701 of 14,084
  I am not in the US, But i found it on eBay for the same price. What is the max sd support? Is it gapless and neutral? I saw someone who reviewd it saying that the sound quality isn't good

If the sound quality isn't good then don't buy it. I have many daps and enjoy great sound from a number of them. To me, the DX90 is right at the top and it accepts all of the micro SD card sizes and an unlimited number of files. You are always going to find someone who says something doesn't sound good. And I have read reviews of terrible sounding products that said they sounded great. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #8,703 of 14,084
@GustavMahler

In your price range, the Fiio x5 is the best you can afford (if I am not mistaken with is current price).

All users who came from dx50 to dx90 are saying it's an very noticeable upgrade in sound quality.

X3 is know to be warmer and more bassy than the dx50.

You can have rockbox or different firmware (with different sound signature) with the dx50.

For the battle dx90 vs X5, there is a lot of debate. But either are great, while the dx90 is over your budget.

You can also get a look of the new fiio X1. Less connections and stuff, but way cheaper. I don't know for his sound quality.

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #8,705 of 14,084
Initial impressions about an hour after receiving the pb2 balanced amp, is paired with the iBasso DX90, and using the opa602/4 is that the quality and power with the HE560 sounds incredibly good for portable setup. Especially with the DX90 as it's dac and source. It really does sound fantastic so far. I know both the DAP and the amp have had some burn in already and the fact that I can fool around with the buffers and opa's on the Pb2 just keeps me that much more insistent that if you guys need an amp that can be balanced and drive some of the more hard to drive headphone with power, clarity, details with the DX90 then this is a good idea. 

Also tried with the Havi B3 IEMs and even on high gain as it was they sound remarkably good and versatile for the difference in power need and given. Granted I do not have it recabled for the PB2 so only used single ended jack.

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #8,706 of 14,084
  Initial impressions about an hour after receiving the pb2 balanced amp, is paired with the iBasso DX90, and using the opa602/4 is that the quality and power with the HE560 sounds incredibly good for portable setup. Especially with the DX90 as it's dac and source. It really does sound fantastic so far. I know both the DAP and the amp have had some burn in already and the fact that I can fool around with the buffers and opa's on the Pb2 just keeps me that much more insistent that if you guys need an amp that can be balanced and drive some of the more hard to drive headphone with power, clarity, details with the DX90 then this is a good idea. 

Also tried with the Havi B3 IEMs and even on high gain as it was they sound remarkably good and versatile for the difference in power need and given. Granted I do not have it recabled for the PB2 so only used single ended jack.

Did you get the PB2 directly from iBasso?  If so, how long did it take to arrive?

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #8,707 of 14,084

Did you get the PB2 directly from iBasso?  If so, how long did it take to arrive?

No I did not, they do not sell to the US from their website the PB2, so I just posted in forums, and someone replied and was like I never use portable anymore, and we talked business, lol then walah PB2 extrodanare arrived, and I am happy with it's sound quality and is definitely on par with more expensive amps I have heard. Which is a plus since it is portable.

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #8,711 of 14,084
It's a coax out for using another DAC like a Hugo, on the Device, this will bypass the internal DAC and Amp of the unit and the DX90 will be in charge for transport only.
Using it as a sound card is possible over the USB port, but requiring to install those currently unstable drivers.

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #8,712 of 14,084
  No I did not, they do not sell to the US from their website the PB2, so I just posted in forums, and someone replied and was like I never use portable anymore, and we talked business, lol then walah PB2 extrodanare arrived, and I am happy with it's sound quality and is definitely on par with more expensive amps I have heard. Which is a plus since it is portable.

Ah - I put up a WTB ad here as well...hope to be as lucky.  

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #8,714 of 14,084
There are some people who have problems with gapless but mostly with mp3 files. With flac you get a gap between the first 2 files you play after turning it on but after that gapless works perfectly at least for me. And yes it supports all combinations up to 24/192

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #8,715 of 14,084
What about a 128GB sd card? Which brand and type is recommended for the DX90-is 128GB Ultra Micro SDXC class 10 a good one? Is the sound sharp enough btw? I want it to sound brilliant on fast movements and not blurry and distant. Another thing-Has anyone succefully used the DX90 as a sound card for the PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back