DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Sep 9, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #8,147 of 14,084
  Help! I just got my DX-90 and it came with no manual or instructions (brand new from ProStudio via Amazon)  I have transferred music from my hard drive using JRiver and it appears to be transferring.
Without instructions I am having no success navigating, finding my music, or playing music. Not good that even iBasso website does not offer download of manual! Basics please. 

Hey there,

Hahaha yeah mine didnt come with one either.  Not sure one exists.

Some basic functions that you need to know I guess.
From the main screen.

Settings>advanced>Rescan library - Pretty self explanatory.
My Music>Directory>Internal storage/SD Card.  Once in here you should see the folder structure of your DX90.  If your files don't appear here then you may have to plug into your PC again to suss out where they are.

Once your library has been re-scanned you can use options such as

My Music>all music/artist etc etc to navigate your music.

It is quite intuitive really, just have a play around, there isn't too much damage you can do.

Once you are more comfortable I strongly suggest getting onto Lurkers firmware, but make sure you are comfortable first or that will be overwhelming.

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #8,148 of 14,084
Holy Moly, guys! I usually listen in the 140-170 range with IEMs. I think 200+ would implode my eardrums :scream:

You are not using High gain. Are you? Obviously, at high gain, you need to dial back volume below 200. Or your iems is uber sensitive Or your music files have too have compression which makes it sound very loud. 

Sep 9, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #8,149 of 14,084
You are not using High gain. Are you? Obviously, at high gain, you need to dial back volume below 200. Or your iems is uber sensitive Or your music files have too have compression which makes it sound very loud. 

Low Gain for me. Using IEM like Altone 200, DN1K, MA750, T1-E, VSD3, etc. only IEM I even consider Med or High Gain with is Havi B3 Pro I.

Damn, y'all gonna go DEAF!

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #8,150 of 14,084

What?   

wink_face.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #8,151 of 14,084
Low Gain for me. Using IEM like Altone 200, DN1K, MA750, T1-E, VSD3, etc. only IEM I even consider Med or High Gain with is Havi B3 Pro I.

Seriously on my westone4 or noble k10 there is no way i can go higher than 200 with low gain except some classical pieces. Usually I use my k10 at 175~ at mid gain and it is quite loud for me already.

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #8,152 of 14,084
Greetings everyone!

I just received my DX90 & Grado SR225e (Last ones they had!) yesterday, and played around with them for a while before putting my my nose to this thread and trying to learn just how I was supposed to use the unit as a DAC for my PC...   544 pages later, I just now learned that there is still no reliable method!  (I won't say that it was an evening wasted since I got to learn many new (unintentionally) things and get a peek at many of your senses of humor...  :)

3 Things:

1 - THANK YOU.  All of you.  No matter what, you've all been very helpful towards understanding just what I was buying-in to.  I come from a world of Creative Zen 1GB AAA battery, Sandisk e-270, Samsung YP-P2, (My favorite until now) Apple 4S, and Apple 5 sources for my portable music.  And my best heaphones were some Photive X-Bass PH-BTX6 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones which were a step-up from the supplied iPad AIR earplugs that I was so happy with because they sounded better to me than the iPhone earbuds that I had been listening to..

Amazing to me that SO much debate, joy, and discord can be had over custom functions like "roll-off" being best OFF or ON when the only options I've ever known were preset EQ setings like "ROCK", "DANCE", "BASS", "TREBLE", and "CLASSICAL"...  It is truly miraculous to see the sheer magnitude of options for superior quality audio you all are getting to enjoy!  And as for the little nits like bug fixes and stability, well at least they seem to be coming.  I survived 3rd through 5th gen Archos tablets, so I can tell you from personal experience that there is NOTHING close to the number and severity of issues we all had with those things!  (And I still have 3 of them with batteries that can't hold a charge to save their lives anymore around somewhere...)

2 - I was happy with the player out of the box running my "regular" MP3s with my old headphones, but the moment I put the Grados on and played my first-ever FLAC track (Holst's "Mars -The Bringer of War") at 24bit-96k, well...  Chills.  Seriously, chills.  I know that I'm not nearly as high-end as most of you in terms of equipment, and certainly not in terms of knowledge, but I know enough to recognize when I should be awed.  And I was.

3 - 7 hours of play time should do me for my NY to San Diego flights, but if there is a battery that anyone learns of (THAT FITS) which allows greater than 10 hours to also cover waits for connecting flights as well, I'm in! (Doesn't seem like a standard-sized one exists today, but I'm going to stay hopeful that it could happen!)

A pleasure to make your acquaintances, and I look forward to many years of mutual enjoyment and even more hours of good listening with you all!

Sincerely,

Ken N.

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #8,153 of 14,084
Samsung S3 battery is compatible with DX90. I did not buy it for the moment - waiting for Christmas - and I read it could manage nearly 10 hours. On this thread and some others you can see people managing bigger batteries - but you have to find a way they don't look too ugly.

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #8,154 of 14,084
Help! I just got my DX-90 and it came with no manual or instructions (brand new from ProStudio via Amazon)  I have transferred music from my hard drive using JRiver and it appears to be transferring.
Without instructions I am having no success navigating, finding my music, or playing music. Not good that even iBasso website does not offer download of manual! Basics please. 
Nevermind. Touchscreen. Ouch. I am an idiot!!! Sounds great already!

In the first post of the main DX50 thread there is a link to a manual and a faq. The ui is virtually identical

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #8,156 of 14,084
No limit but it will take a while to scan that many files.

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #8,158 of 14,084
Wyd4 and NC8000, thank you so much for the great help. Very generous of you to assist. I am 55. Part of my brain thinks I am still in my young 40's but there is definitely a generational paradigm shift among us. My 24 and 21 year old sons don't expect instructions with any computer-like device and wouldn't look at it if it were offered. They are accustomed to learning by trial and error on any handheld device and have an inherent database of typical functionality and conventions that my generation does not. My generation expects a manual with diagrams. 

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #8,159 of 14,084
  Wyd4 and NC8000, thank you so much for the great help. Very generous of you to assist. I am 55. Part of my brain thinks I am still in my young 40's but there is definitely a generational paradigm shift among us. My 24 and 21 year old sons don't expect instructions with any computer-like device and wouldn't look at it if it were offered. They are accustomed to learning by trial and error on any handheld device and have an inherent database of typical functionality and conventions that my generation does not. My generation expects a manual with diagrams. 

Ah, I have gotten used to not having instructions. There are so many similarities, in a way, that things seems to shine through after a while. Also, on the DX90, I find that the UI is pretty simple to use. I use the silicon back and a 4400mA battery from Anker and one I made up of 2 Samsung batteries for longer run times. I get over 10 hours with the dual battery. 

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #8,160 of 14,084
When I got my DX90  At first I hated the sound so thin and with no substance.  I was just ready to return it, but I started the" burn in" process, after about 80 hours I cannot recognize the device, the sound open up so much so I am so happy about the sound right now So my advice about new owner please be patient and resist the urge to listen to it  before at least 4-5 days non stop the reward will be at the end of the pathway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back