DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jan 9, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #511 of 14,084
Based on the name, SQ should be 10% inferior.

Or maybe just 10% less powerful for cans?
etysmile.gif
  (here's hoping...)

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #514 of 14,084
I got word from Ibasso that the DX90 hardware is most definitely final, but they would consider my suggestions for their next DAP. 
So, we're out of luck getting balanced line out on the DX90 but if enough people request it, I'm sure we'll see another DAP with balanced output from them 
size]

Well that is good news!  I would certainly hope and expect that the hardware is final.  Especially with the New Year holiday approaching and then they still have to get it into production and quality and then hopefully shipping in March.

I Just wanted them to know that the Balanced Output is something that I value, and it seems that a number of others do as well.  Hopefully the feedback we provide will give them something to think about for the next DAP.  As Sorensiim said.

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #515 of 14,084
  Well that is good news!  I would certainly hope and expect that the hardware is final.  Especially with the New Year holiday approaching and then they still have to get it into production and quality and then hopefully shipping in March.

I Just wanted them to know that the Balanced Output is something that I value, and it seems that a number of others do as well.  Hopefully the feedback we provide will give them something to think about for the next DAP.  As Sorensiim said.

The more the merrier! I understand why they didn't include it on the $239 DX50 or the $500 DX90 as those are aimed at sane persons normal people/budding audiophiles who probably wouldn't know what to do with a balanced output anyway. It would just be added complexity with no added value for the majority of their target audience. But a $1000 statement DAP? There it would not only make sense, it would level the playing field against the top HifiMan players. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #516 of 14,084
Not only that but although there are a good number of users with their gear wired for balanced, the majority still have single ended gears which would make the extra feature useless. As mentioned it would have to be for a dap that needs to make a statement and appeal to the hard core audiophile.

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #517 of 14,084
Jan 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #519 of 14,084

The more the merrier! I understand why they didn't include it on the $239 DX50 or the $500 DX90 as those are aimed at sane persons normal people/budding audiophiles who probably wouldn't know what to do with a balanced output anyway. It would just be added complexity with no added value for the majority of their target audience. But a $1000 statement DAP? There it would not only make sense, it would level the playing field against the top HifiMan players. 

If I were Ibasso, offer a DAP with balance output with the usual goodies and sell it around 900USD undercuts any flagship from competitors (Calyx, HifiMan, AK,) It might sell like hotcakes. Newbies might drawn into it thinking it's value for money.

Think about it, someone new coming in looking for Hi-end DAP will rely mostly on feature set. Ibasso would always come out at the top or near the top of the buyers list :)

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #520 of 14,084

I rather believed that it is ibasso marketing tricks not to put any balanced output on their DAP so that we go and get their balanced DAC and/or balanced amp.
The moment you get your DX50/DX90/DX?? and after reading few threads on how good balanced setup will improve SQ, most of us will plan/proceed to get balanced amp to satisfy your own self, and self hypnosis that we already at the next level. By looking at balanced amp currently available, iBasso's balanced amp is very hard to beat in term of price so we burn another hole in our pocket and ibasso happily counting money contributed by us. After doing some burn in or change buffer/opamps we start to compare it to those expensive balanced amp, we then felt very itchy and demon come to convince you to upgrade either by adding balanced DAC or buying new balanced amp.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #522 of 14,084
With a couple of years advancement in tech since the 100, I am fully expecting the 90 to equal SQ of the 100. Just hear how close they got with the 50!

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #523 of 14,084
Got a reply from them, basically what Soren was saying of course, not enough space for balanced circuitry. They will consider building a balanced dap in future.

I like their honest and open minded way. Thumbs up from me.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #524 of 14,084
Got a reply from them, basically what Soren was saying of course, not enough space for balanced circuitry. They will consider building a balanced dap in future.

I like their honest and open minded way. Thumbs up from me.

Same response I just got but they said they will provide the following:

DAC-USB functionality which for me is a big +

Users who are viewing this thread

Back