DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jan 10, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #541 of 14,084
Don't go there Mim
biggrin.gif

Honestly though, a blind test would be fantastic between these two.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #542 of 14,084
DX90 will have a USB DAC/AMP feature? I thought it was USB OTG feature to get extra capacity.

Just to be clear, I asked them if the OTG will also be available with the USB-DAC functionality and here is their answer:

Hi,
Yes, the DX90 has the OTG function that you can connect a external storage with it. We are also developing the USB-DAC driver. The USB-DAC and OTG can be both co-exist.

So this DX90 is going to be packed with fantastic features. It really sounds the dap to beat at the expected affordable price. A lot of win-win for us.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #543 of 14,084
Just to be clear, I asked them if the OTG will also be available with the USB-DAC functionality and here is their answer:

Hi,
Yes, the DX90 has the OTG function that you can connect a external storage with it. We are also developing the USB-DAC driver. The USB-DAC and OTG can be both co-exist.

So this DX90 is going to be packed with fantastic features. It really sounds the dap to beat at the expected affordable price. A lot of win-win for us.

Yeah when FiiO can use USB DAC and USB OTG, why not iBasso?
happy_face1.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #544 of 14,084
  i dont really wear jeans(mostly cargo) i can decently fit a dx100 sized dap (or stack) but that pocket would have to be empty , not really a comfortable experience honestly

Yes a DX100 can be 'inserted fully' into a jeans pocket, too, but it's not practical to walk with it, as it makes the pocket bulge drastically, and it shakes drastically, too, due to the bulk.

Again, please don't anyone think I'm slating the DX100.

When I saw the DX50, I was really pleased to see how much thinner it is than the DX100, so the DX90 looks like a viable prospect for people like me who walk around with their DAP in their jeans, as does the Fiio X5.

I truly, really suspect that the DX90 and X5 may properly shake-up people's notions of how much performance can be achieved for no more than $500

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #545 of 14,084
Hi,

Score one for the Home Team!  I may finally be able to use my usb input on my Intruder!  Don't need the balanced capability with this.  Thanks for the info musicheaven.

Right now all my FLAC are redbook ripped CDs at 16/44.  And that is what the Intruder natively supports.  I am interested in High Res and may pick up a few albums.  But, I may wait to see how the functionality works.

Does the DX-90 down res the files to 16/44, or does the Intruder do the manipulation, or is there an incompatibility between the two if I get 24/96 files, or 24/192?  (This is a rhetorical question.  I know no one knows right now.  This is on my test action plan when the DX-90 comes out.  But feel free to speculate all you want.  We are about 600 pages behind the DX-50 thread, so let the speculations commence.)

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #546 of 14,084

Score one for the Home Team!  I may finally be able to use my usb input on my Intruder!  Don't need the balanced capability with this.  Thanks for the info musicheaven.

Right now all my FLAC are redbook ripped CDs at 16/44.  And that is what the Intruder natively supports.  I am interested in High Res and may pick up a few albums.  But, I may wait to see how the functionality works.

Does the DX-90 down res the files to 16/44, or does the Intruder do the manipulation, or is there an incompatibility between the two if I get 24/96 files, or 24/192?  (This is a rhetorical question.  I know no one knows right now.  This is on my test action plan when the DX-90 comes out.  But feel free to speculate all you want.  We are about 600 pages behind the DX-50 thread, so let the speculations commence.)

I don't see how you can connect DX90 to the intruder's USB input. DX90 will act as a USB DAC. Same function as what the intruder will do with it's USB input.

As far as I know you can only connect the intruder to DX90 as an external amp.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #547 of 14,084

The DX90 will be able to work as a USB DAC with your computer - it will not be able to support USB audio output to the DAC in your Intruder. And judging by the spec sheets, that's a good thing, as the dual DACs in the DX90 should trump the single lesser chip in the Intruder.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #548 of 14,084
OK, I've come to a decision - I want both a DX90 and an X5 and I want them NOW, dammit!! 
biggrin.gif

OK, you can all continue with the discussion, now.... 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #549 of 14,084
The DX90 will be able to work as a USB DAC with your computer - it will not be able to support USB audio output to the DAC in your Intruder. And judging by the spec sheets, that's a good thing, as the dual DACs in the DX90 should trump the single lesser chip in the Intruder.

Not just that but an inboard DAC doesn't even need to be quite as good to beat an outboard one if al your ducks are in a row. You usually lose a little something in the SPdif transfer.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #550 of 14,084
With the DX90 using two Sabre dacs I would use the line out, if needed or desired like into a balanced amp but I have no desire to bypass them. This DAP is going to be fun. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #551 of 14,084

I don't see how you can connect DX90 to the intruder's USB input. DX90 will act as a USB DAC. Same function as what the intruder will do with it's USB input.
As far as I know you can only connect the intruder to DX90 as an external amp.

Thanks guys.  My mistake.  I got all excited for a second.  But I'm better now.  Shoot.  Guess I picked the wrong week to give up snorting glue.
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #554 of 14,084
Very on the fence about selling my dx50 and amp for these...

Hiss is an unfortunately thing on the dx50 that rly makes me HAVE to use an amp :frowning2:

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #555 of 14,084
Dx90 sounds ideal. I'll have one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back