DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Dec 29, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #181 of 14,084
  The capacitance layer and the LCD screen are two different things, thus touch sensitivity and resolution don't always have a direct relationship. You can have a lousy touch screen with really high pixel count or vice versa.

u can have that

but i was commenting on all things being constant(that is type of screen whether lcd,oled etc)

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #182 of 14,084

we're not talking about video processing performance.  We are talking about touch controls.  will it register when you touch the digitizer, will it notice when you stop touching.  Not animation processing.  

thats fine,but processor will determine the scrolling performance atleast!!

even switching between folders etc will be dependant on processor unless u get super smooth ios or windows 8 which will be smooth even on smaller processors

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #183 of 14,084
I'll just leave the screen of DX50 as is. Bigger screen equals less battery life. Not to mention it would take up space which will be useful to add better components to improve audio without getting bulky like DX100. After all the main goal is sound quality in reasonable size and not visual quality.

The only thing I want to improve with the screen and UI in particular is better navigation. It would be awesome if they add support for touch gestures. They could display more info on the screen without increasing its physical size. Say track, album and artist navigation can be done directly on the home screen just by swiping up, down or horizontally.

They could also use hidden panels that could slide down or up to display functional buttons and could make them look big so you don't missed the target when you press on them. The home/back buttons at the top of the home in particular screen is easy to miss.

Same with the on screen play/pause, forward rewind buttons. Oh, the scroll bar could be thicker as well.

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #184 of 14,084
  I'll just leave the screen of DX50 as is. Bigger screen equals less battery life. Not to mention it would take up space which will be useful to add better components to improve audio without getting bulky like DX100. After all the main goal is sound quality in reasonable size and not visual quality.

The only thing I want to improve with the screen and UI in particular is better navigation. It would be awesome if they add support for touch gestures. They could display more info on the screen without increasing its physical size. Say track, album and artist navigation can be done directly on the home screen just by swiping up, down or horizontally.

They could also use hidden panels that could slide down or up to display functional buttons and could make them look big so you don't missed the target when you press on them. The home/back buttons at the top of the home in particular screen is easy to miss.

Same with the on screen play/pause, forward rewind buttons. Oh, the scroll bar could be thicker as well.

can't these devices be rockboxed??

why aren't no rockbox builds for x3.dx 50 and sony walkman's??

i can understand's reason for sony's as they give no info on the components used but what about others??
are they not selling at a rate that would justify the effort?

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #185 of 14,084

can't these devices be rockboxed??

why aren't no rockbox builds for x3.dx 50 and sony walkman's??

i can understand's reason for sony's as they give no info on the components used but what about others??
are they not selling at a rate that would justify the effort?

The firmware used in DX50 is proprietary as mentioned earlier. Which making rockbox support difficult if not impossible.

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #186 of 14,084

The firmware used in DX50 is proprietary as mentioned earlier. Which making rockbox support difficult if not impossible.

hmm,i think its in the interest of ibasso and fiio only to open these things to rockbox.

sony walkman's don't even need that as their software is already excellent and lag free

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #188 of 14,084
  having the same screen size but a higher resolution doesn't help with touch controls at all.  
A 5" screen thats 1920x1080 won't have better touch response than a 5" 1280 x 720 screen.  
If you want a higher res. screen thats understandable but it won't change touch performance at all. 

I want more info visible on the screen, not better touch. A higher resolution screen allows more information to be displayed, the font could be sharper and neater/smaller if same size screen is kept but resolution is increased. Currently the DX50 can display 4 songs on the screen, and that's with fairly jagged looking font. If the resolution was increased even by a bit It could probably fit 6 songs on the screen at a time more comfortably.

Quote:
  it will have the opposite effect as the cpu and gpu (if a dedicated one is there)will have to push more pixels,,u can see the benchmarks of sets with 720p and 1080p screens with same processors.
720p will trounce 1080p by a good lead in onscreen performance

Well It has been mentioned the DX90 is utilizing a dual core CPU, so the minimal to begin with performance hit, would not be an issue at all.

I've already got a Sony ZX1 on its way to me, so my DAP UI dreams are about to come true. But nonetheless I am a fan of iBasso sound, and can only dream they eventually reach a level of usability that rivals big companies.

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #189 of 14,084

thats fine,but processor will determine the scrolling performance atleast!!

even switching between folders etc will be dependant on processor unless u get super smooth ios or windows 8 which will be smooth even on smaller processors

They will be using a dual core processor. 

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #190 of 14,084
  They will be using a dual core processor. 

dual core could be cortex a5,a7,a9,a12,a15!!

thats pretty deceptive

but generally speaking it should serve the purpose well,lets hope for best results

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #191 of 14,084
Dec 29, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #193 of 14,084

hmm,i think its in the interest of ibasso and fiio only to open these things to rockbox.

sony walkman's don't even need that as their software is already excellent and lag free

I think that they and some more big companies want to have complete control and that´s way they have proprietary software (FW) I don´t know if they are willing to work with rockbox together. I as consumer will like them to do so. My DX50 is working really good since update 1.2.6 and the sound signature is the right one (at least for me) so I don´t see the need to change that. I know DX50´s FW wasn´t already done (and work is still in progress) but it´s getting better, so by the time the DX90 will come out it should be working right. Just my opinion

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #194 of 14,084
  I think that they and some more big companies want to have complete control and that´s way they have proprietary software (FW) I don´t know if they are willing to work with rockbox together. I as consumer will like them to do so. My DX50 is working really good since update 1.2.6 and the sound signature is the right one (at least for me) so I don´t see the need to change that. I know DX50´s FW wasn´t already done (and work is still in progress) but it´s getting better, so by the time the DX90 will come out it should be working right. Just my opinion

thats very encouraging.
i already stated that if they can come up with stable builds with no issues then need for rockbox dosen't arise.

looks like things are improving on software front for ibasso

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #195 of 14,084

I think the ZX1 is proof that doesn't have to be the case. Good usable UI doesn't necessarily mean poor battery life, or bulky or poor SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back