DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 1, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #12,406 of 13,478
Ok I am new to Ibasso products and also to Android systems, how do I go about updating the FW? I am on a Mac. I have tried to put it on my SD card and it does not show up when I try to update. Why isn't it available online through the updater? I am usually pretty good at this but I must be missing something little!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Sep 1, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #12,407 of 13,478
Ok I am new to Ibasso products and also to Android systems, how do I go about updating the FW? I am on a Mac. I have tried to put it on my SD card and it does not show up when I try to update. Why isn't it available online through the updater? I am usually pretty good at this but I must be missing something little!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
You have to open the downloaded file and then you will have a folder with the firmware, instructions and the change log.

Sep 1, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #12,408 of 13,478
To add a little to what jamato8 said - the rar file you download will need to be expanded to extract the files within. Once complete you will have a zip file and txt instruction file. For convenience - here are the contents of the txt file:

Instructions For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX220-ota-full-1.17.256.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX220's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX220 after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Sep 2, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #12,410 of 13,478

i, too, didn't had any issues ota updates i.e. 1.15, 1.16, this new one, drag & drop, is a bit of a challenge, & its a bit huge. unpacked, it's about 1.6gb...

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #12,411 of 13,478
Anyone knows if the amp8 has the ability to plug a 4.4 to 3.5 adapter and its not gonna mess the module? I know that this feature should only be able on devices where the balanced connection its properly made with ground but im not a technician so im not sure about it, anyone?

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #12,412 of 13,478
Anyone knows if the amp8 has the ability to plug a 4.4 to 3.5 adapter and its not gonna mess the module? I know that this feature should only be able on devices where the balanced connection its properly made with ground but im not a technician so im not sure about it, anyone?
No and no, technically it is possible, but it would degrade the sound quality and damage the system as a whole. The Dx220 and Amp8 are true balanced and always run on 2 DAC out with 2 active channels at all time. The only possible way to have a single ended out on such device is to have a proper differential stage. Proper grounding on the shielding or not is never a point of determination to call a balanced connection is properly designed or not as it has nothing to do with the active signals and it implementations

all that means, the amp7 is the single ended Amp8 with a correct differential stage to accommodate the dual DAC being active at all time

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #12,413 of 13,478

IMG_20200901_202052.jpg
atm...
[/QUOTE]
Fw1.17 done!

1599037902877.png

1st album, 1st track - The sound field obviously Larger by a very significant margin, ALL directions!
Been playing this back, from the 1st album press back in 90, This is my 3rd iteration album. Every nuance, sparkle decay, that Depth! i know like from the back of my hand.
And yet, some more things to re-discover.
the mids are cleaner, clearer and i haven't had my amp9 warmed up yet. There's a new level of crispness everywhere.
Sounds like a refreshed, higher level of reference tuning going on.
I think i need an in ear headphone upgrade, right now! LOLs

Cheers everyone, let's enjoy another Fantastic sonic update...
:dt880smile: :L3000: :beerchug:

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #12,414 of 13,478
Man, I must be very dumb, so after a few attempts and searches I musk ask for help:

How can I install UAPP on my DX220?

Apkpure is a kind of "app store" right? (I did install Tidal from there) but I can't find UAPP there so my guess is only on Google Play store?

As I don't find a google play store in DX220 I tried downloading an apk suitable to DX220 android, so that I can associate the device to my google account? tried one to Android 8.1.0 but it says incompatible? I tried to find some option on settings where I could associate the device to my account, no success.

I must be missing something very obvious, sorry, Android is not my beach. Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #12,416 of 13,478
It’s strange. G Play Store apk is universal apk since.. mm.. android 4.4 in all senses: it is compatible with both 32/64 ARM CPUs and all releases up to Android Q.
Did you try another apk?

Thanks. No, only that one, it seamed from a reliable source. But I can try others. I thought Google Play Store was something like App Store from iOS, it seems not, its a PITA to get a straight reliable "official" link even from Google, I had to cross a jungle of crocodiles just to get this apk :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #12,417 of 13,478
Man, I must be very dumb, so after a few attempts and searches I musk ask for help:

How can I install UAPP on my DX220?

Apkpure is a kind of "app store" right? (I did install Tidal from there) but I can't find UAPP there so my guess is only on Google Play store?

As I don't find a google play store in DX220 I tried downloading an apk suitable to DX220 android, so that I can associate the device to my google account? tried one to Android 8.1.0 but it says incompatible? I tried to find some option on settings where I could associate the device to my account, no success.

I must be missing something very obvious, sorry, Android is not my beach. Thanks for any help
ApkPure->Find->Google Play Store -> Install; Google Play Store -> UAPP

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #12,418 of 13,478
Thanks @BaHo. I tried but it always gave me an error the device was not associated. A moment ago just "by miracle" :) my iBasso is showing as an associated device on play.google.com ... !!! so I just purchased from there - still to try but seems fine now. Thanks guys

Sep 2, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #12,419 of 13,478
Wow - UAPP quality is very good, at least with my Focal Clears is great, still to try with IEM´s but not a "use case" for me since it doesn't play tidal offline albums, so OTG I'll only play local music on Mango OS.

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #12,420 of 13,478
Yes, definitely better sound performances. I can hear better bass articulations with a little smoother treble textures and taller vertical presentation . The Dx220 now also exhibit the similar performances as the MAX on the gain features (even though not as strongly as MAX)

The Low gain is now the best performances for the DX220, and so my recommendation previously to best be using high gain on dx220 is no longer correct!

Using low gain will have better over all performances, especially soundstage being larger and more immersive, Vocal steps back a little bit and trebles is more detailed plus smoother. Also, Dynamic has improved with low gain VS previously as well
I can definitely agree about the sonic upgrades the latest firmware brought.
I for one, especially find the vocals very natural sounding , and as you said the vertical presentation got increased noticeably. I would really like for someone to compere the dx228ex with this firmware to the likes of AKSP2K now...

I agree to the low gain on mango os sounds better now too, but I am inconclusive about it when it comes to android atm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back