DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 29, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #12,376 of 13,478
I just updated. The first time it went into reboot on its own too soon and the update did not take. This is from the SD card. Did the update again and it worked and went through the full update process. So, it twice. :^)

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #12,377 of 13,478
I just updated. The first time it went into reboot on its own too soon and the update did not take. This is from the SD card. Did the update again and it worked and went through the full update process. So, it twice. :^)
Ok, as others mentioned, copy it to internal memory is simpler. I was not able to do so as my PC cannot recognize dx220. I'll try it next time.

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #12,379 of 13,478
It's been a while since I updated the firmware so I am asking. Would the upgrade break the Google Play Store
feature enabled by Lurker's mod? Last time I vaguely remember reinstalling the Lurker's mod after the upgrade.
Do I need a new boot.img for the new iBasso firmware or can I use the old one?

Aug 29, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #12,380 of 13,478
I just upgraded to the newest Firmware. Straight into Mango player but I don’t think my google play store is going anywhere. It can officially be downloaded from APk Pure
image.jpg

Aug 29, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #12,381 of 13,478
Don't see any mention of improvements long requested in the other dedicated thread - primarily those related to fast scrolling, scroll position retention, and other items related to finding and selecting the music we want to listen to. And don't see any changes have been made either - @Paul - iBasso / iBasso - are you working on these things or am I just dreaming that they will ever be incorporated?

I have long been an iBasso fan and paying customer going back to the DX50 days. However, the frustration and disappointment regarding the requested items being ignored (that is how it appears) has me looking at the competition (M15, R8, M8, etc) - but I can't deny the outstanding sound quality from my DX228EX.

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #12,382 of 13,478
Paul, I connected DX220 to my MacBook Pro usb-c I got DX220 hung up and MacBook started to charge from it like from external battery. Pressed 10+ seconds power button or power button with a play button did not help to turn on DAP back.
@Paul - iBasso , can you please check you firmware usb-c optimizations with MacBook? Thanks.

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #12,384 of 13,478
I don't see my downloaded music either FWIW
Maybe @ehjie can help

i should concur the USB Pp has been w/ android for a very long time. There's a huge user community here & in the other sites as well...
Other very notable premium paid music apps w/ excellent SQ
Poweramp - Warm, rich
elegia.jpg

Neutron - analytical, neutral to bright
1500.png

Whether it would be of use, is up to u guys to discover, they are free to try, SQ is excellent on both...

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #12,385 of 13,478
A new FW:

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX220FW-ota-v1.17.rar

1. Added support for DTS format.
2. Added support for multi-channel DSD.
3. Improved the compatibility of the USB digital output.
4. Rectified the bug that when playing ISO, the album artwork isn't displayed.
5. Rectified the bug that after sorting settings are changed, the play order is incorrect.
6. Rectified the bug that when using folder play function, the Now playing music list would not be updated.
7. Improved compatibility with Bluetooth devices. (Android OS)
8. Rectified the bug that when using shuffle mode, the first album artwork may display incorrectly.
9. Rectified the bug that when using 720P screen resolution, the bootup screen isn't displayed in the center.
10. Rectified the bug that the USB DAC mode doesn't support USB C to USB C cable connection.
11. Rectified the bug that when using Bluetooth output, sometimes the pause function doesn't work correctly. (Android OS)

im gonna love this update!
NO need to downsample from 4,5,6, to 2 channels, some of my albums...

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #12,388 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso , can you please check you firmware usb-c optimizations with MacBook? Thanks.

Actually, 8 from 10 times when I connect my DX220 to MacBook Pro it performs as expected: start to charge DAP, if I switch in Developers settings 'charging' to 'MTP' mode, then I am able to transfer files.

But 2 times from 10 times (and it does not depends from sequence - which side I connected first) MacBook starts to charge from DAP battery. IF at this moment DAP battery level below 50% then it hung up immediately - probably it is sort of battery protection. The only way to return DAP to life is to open and disconnect and connect back battery - after that DAP switches on back.

If I connect DAP in USB DAC mode, it performs as expected all the time - laptop identify device and map to sound settings; I believe it is because DAP charging in DAC mode is disabled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back