DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 31, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #12,392 of 13,478
question... any sound change in the new FW.,.
To me it seems they did something very similar to when dx200 got firmware upgrade to 1.07. Everything sounds nicer more real life like. No idea of how they did it and what but it sounds real life like on every note. Much more musical and lifelike. Can not really put it in words. YMMW.
Thank you Paul, this firmware sounds amazing.

Aug 31, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #12,393 of 13,478
question... any sound change in the new FW.,.
Yes, definitely better sound performances. I can hear better bass articulations with a little smoother treble textures and taller vertical presentation . The Dx220 now also exhibit the similar performances as the MAX on the gain features (eventhough not as strongly as MAX)

The Low gain is now the best performances for the DX220, and so my recommendation previously to best be using high gain on dx220 is no longer correct!

Using low gain will have better over all performances, especially soundstage being larger and more immersive, Vocal steps back a little bit and trebles is more detailed plus smoother. Also, Dynamic has improved with low gain VS previously as well

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #12,394 of 13,478
To me it seems they did something very similar to when dx200 got firmware upgrade to 1.07. Everything sounds nicer more real life like. No idea of how they did it and what but it sounds real life like on every note. Much more musical and lifelike. Can not really put it in words. YMMW.
Thank you Paul, this firmware sounds amazing.
Yes, definitely better sound performances. I can hear better bass articulations with a little smoother treble textures and taller vertical presentation . The Dx220 now also exhibit the similar performances as the MAX on the gain features (eventhough not as strongly as MAX)

The Low gain is now the best performances for the DX220, and so my recommendation previously to best be using high gain on dx220 is no longer correct!

Using low gain will have better over all performances, especially soundstage being larger and more immersive, Vocal steps back a little bit and trebles is more detailed plus smoother. Also, Dynamic has improved with low gain VS previously as well

And I push the icon button for local update....

Edit : after update.

20200831_202446.jpg
20200831_202421.jpg
Playstore, Lurker0 still stick...

UAPP works just fine

edit 2: short impression on sound... Feel the Timbre is refine, was listening to Taylor Swift... never hear her voice so clear and Airy in UAPP...
well need to hear further more... and listen back to my IEM..
BTW, DX220 +AMP8EX to custom earbud... for female vocal is the best exp sounding... better then Headphone or IEM... IMO.. only for this case yah...
20200831_203132.jpg

Edit 3 : HELLO old Friend, miss you... #MQAIndicator....
when u used Fidelizer Purist, the indicator is gone... FYI, on previous version...
20200831_204545.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #12,395 of 13,478

WOW, Team ibasso's on another homerun win right there.
Thanks @Paul - iBasso
"...against obsolescence isn't just a pitch, it's a Mission statement."
:beerchug: :gs1000smile:

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #12,396 of 13,478
And I push the icon button for local update....

Edit : after update.

20200831_202446.jpg
20200831_202421.jpg
Playstore, Lurker0 still stick...

UAPP works just fine

edit 2: short impression on sound... Feel the Timbre is refine, was listening to Taylor Swift... never hear her voice so clear and Airy in UAPP...
well need to hear further more... and listen back to my IEM..
BTW, DX220 +AMP8EX to custom earbud... for female vocal is the best exp sounding... better then Headphone or IEM... IMO.. only for this case yah...
20200831_203132.jpg

Edit 3 : HELLO old Friend, miss you... #MQAIndicator....
when u used Fidelizer Purist, the indicator is gone... FYI, on previous version...
20200831_204545.jpg

got the same album. im onna play this, too after my update later on...

Aug 31, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #12,397 of 13,478
First listen after the new update i do hear difference. The most noticeable for me is the imaging and depth. Listening to vocals feels more asmr, its like the singer really sing behind my heads. Although i am using fidelizer advance purist version. Not sure if this change comes from original rom or from the mods.

Sep 1, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #12,399 of 13,478
Sep 1, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #12,400 of 13,478
Hi all.
I’m trying to play DSD128 files from Ibasso dx220 to Chord Qutest and some other dac to with no luck. I’m trying mini coaxial out as well as usb c to dac, also mango and android mode. I’ve got message on the screen that music format is not supported. In mango mode, ibasso coplatly freezes and I’ve to do hard reset every time when trying to play those files. Its fine when playing from analog outputs up to dsd512. Any ideas?
thank you

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #12,401 of 13,478
Pretty sure coaxial only goes up to dsd64, not sure about usb though. That is more for input than output so may be not supported. Did you try UAPP for usb?

Sep 1, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #12,402 of 13,478
First listen after the new update i do hear difference. The most noticeable for me is the imaging and depth. Listening to vocals feels more asmr, its like the singer really sing behind my heads. Although i am using fidelizer advance purist version. Not sure if this change comes from original rom or from the mods.
enjoy it...
somehow when install adv purists, DX220 tends to become warm, like previous FW...
IMO

Sep 1, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #12,405 of 13,478
A new FW:

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX220FW-ota-v1.17.rar

1. Added support for DTS format.
2. Added support for multi-channel DSD.
3. Improved the compatibility of the USB digital output.
4. Rectified the bug that when playing ISO, the album artwork isn't displayed.
5. Rectified the bug that after sorting settings are changed, the play order is incorrect.
6. Rectified the bug that when using folder play function, the Now playing music list would not be updated.
7. Improved compatibility with Bluetooth devices. (Android OS)
8. Rectified the bug that when using shuffle mode, the first album artwork may display incorrectly.
9. Rectified the bug that when using 720P screen resolution, the bootup screen isn't displayed in the center.
10. Rectified the bug that the USB DAC mode doesn't support USB C to USB C cable connection.
11. Rectified the bug that when using Bluetooth output, sometimes the pause function doesn't work correctly. (Android OS)

:beerchug: :gs1000smile:
[/QUOTE]

IMG_20200901_202052.jpg
atm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back