DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Dec 16, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #9,467 of 13,478
I love sound quality and heck of a cables was meant to be specifically unique in synergies for you system that you have done all you could to improve it. Then cables is worth it. But then again, cables is very application specific. The more expensive it is, the more specifics it should be
+1...
yeah your point is valid, choosing cable must be with the right pair.
IMHO, best pairing for Vocal using DX221mk2 is with PW Audio Gold 26 and Tia Fourte...
I can tell you, the gap with AK SP2000CU was too thin... hehehe... hope can tried with SS version in the future..

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #9,470 of 13,478
Just Borrowed one off a friend of a friend and my MacBook does not even recognise the device any suggestions as comparing it without same music is a bit difficult
The few tracks on it I know have sounded sublime but if my Mac doesn't want to see them will be a bit of a waste of money

Dec 16, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #9,471 of 13,478
Try another usb c cable

also make sure it is in usb mode.(to play music from mac)

To add music you have to swipe down the menu.

F065F7EA-3C23-4D87-80B0-0D18120D7182.jpeg

For Apple/Mac one may have to use the Android File transfer application
https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #9,474 of 13,478
Try another usb c cable

also make sure it is in usb mode.(to play music from mac)

To add music you have to swipe down the menu.

For Apple/Mac one may have to use the Android File transfer application
https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
Anyone knows why using this Android File Transfer and going to the microSD I just see few folders instead of see everything? If I go to the internal storage everything its fine but from the microSD perspective, I just can see some folders. I tried with some microSD and formatted in some ways, different macs, different cables and ports and nothing. In fact, even I tried some different apps and I can't use this feature, everytime that I need to transfer music I need to pull out the microSD and connect to the SD card... Weird

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #9,475 of 13,478
Dec 16, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #9,477 of 13,478
upload_2019-12-16_22-14-19.png

...through the years Sunday was a bust. Long working day yesterday (bummer). Finally, got my percussion / tambourine fix tonight!. Damn, 229's in full 3d holo mode.
From my old cd collection, pre-loudness wars era.Have to crank up the vol. a bit. First time i used high gain in amp9 stage (but kept Med. @ the dac), very nice, very nice indeed...

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #9,478 of 13,478
So when connected to an amp the DX220's DAC and the amp's amplification will be the audio chain.

What happens when connecting the line out to a DAC ? Which DAC will be used ?

The line out is already an analoge signal, therefore there is nothing to convert (DAC means Digital Analoge Converter), so this makes no sense.
Pure DACs have no analoge inputs.

There are devices which combines a DAC and an amplifier, but when its possible to use only the amp section of such a device, then the device will have an analoge input.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #9,480 of 13,478
After the restoration of Neutron, I tried the pcm to dsd64 converter and the sound changed nicely. Curious if I can upsample to dsd128.I ticked the box, the sample did show dsd128 but no sound out.
I noticed another bug with Neutron, though. If I play dsd native then when switch to play pcm songs, no sound, too. Only dsd play. I have to restart the player to be able to play pcm again. Weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back