DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 8, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #2,392 of 13,478
Line out is not volume controlled, it’s for hooking up to an external amp.

May 8, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #2,394 of 13,478
I’ve never had a need for the line out - most line outs are a fixed voltage level and the volume control has no effect on it. Others are a direct DAC output that bypasses the amp. Paul will know.

May 8, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #2,397 of 13,478
I’ve never had a need for the line out - most line outs are a fixed voltage level and the volume control has no effect on it. Others are a direct DAC output that bypasses the amp. Paul will know.

So to dumb it down for me even more, I should be using the 'Phone' jack then, yes? (or the balanced as well, I suppose)

Thank you :)

May 8, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #2,399 of 13,478
So to dumb it down for me even more, I should be using the 'Phone' jack then, yes? (or the balanced as well, I suppose)

Thank you :)
Yes - use the phone jack for single ended (conventional - more common) IEMs/Headphones only. The balanced is 2.5mm in size so you can't insert 3.5mm single ended devices into it accidentally.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

May 8, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #2,400 of 13,478
Since @Jouho is asking I might add a bit of caution, not necessarily with iBasso products but in general, do not have any headphones in your ears when first powering on using line out. As Scootermafia said most commonly is fixed voltage output and can often be really loud causing damage to your hearing and/or headphones. Just your normal Head-Fi PSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back