DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 8, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #2,402 of 13,478
Sorry, I have another dumb question, lol - do I use line out or phone out? Only using with a pair of IEMs. I'm.. not exactly sure what the difference between line out and phone is. :/
One will give you sound. Edit, Guess both will, I never put my iem in line out before.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #2,403 of 13,478
Yes - use the phone jack for single ended (conventional - more common) IEMs/Headphones only. The balanced is 2.5mm in size so you can't insert 3.5mm single ended devices into it accidentally.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks Tim! Yes, my IT04 has the balanced 2.5 and regular 3.5, so I'll just avoid the lineout.

Since @Jouho is asking I might add a bit of caution, not necessarily with iBasso products but in general, do not have any headphones in your ears when first powering on using line out. As Scootermafia said most commonly is fixed voltage output and can often be really loud causing damage to your hearing and/or headphones. Just your normal Head-Fi PSA.

Yep, think that happened to me already, kind of scared me, haha.

One will give you sound.

They actually both did, /shrug

May 8, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #2,404 of 13,478
One will give you sound. Edit, Guess both will, I never put my iem in line out before.
hahhaa.. means you don't spend alot with N8... btw Cayin LO can adjust volume, there a setting for it...

Soundwise... LO usually Cold sig. Bass seems sufferer... and yes, I try also DX220 LO with IEM....

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #2,405 of 13,478
hahhaa.. means you don't spend alot with N8... btw Cayin LO can adjust volume, there a setting for it...

Soundwise... LO usually Cold sig. Bass seems sufferer... and yes, I try also DX220 LO with IEM....
Yeah probably cold because it's meant to bypass the amp... not meant for plugging your IEM/headphones into.

May 8, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #2,406 of 13,478
Hey guys, I have a DX220 on order and will be collecting it from the shop when I get home by the end of this month. I know the DX220 will not disappoint given the numerous good comments I'm reading here. However I have 2 questions which I would like opinions on:

1) there is a burn-in cable included. How does this differ from normal burning in with earphones/headphones? Is the process faster with the burn-in cable?

2) what's the verdict on the DX220+Amp8? Is it a must have or good to have? I'm thinking of using the DX220 with IEMs and via coxial out to my car stereo but the thought of driving headphones with the Amp8 does sound intriguing. From what I read, the Amp8 sounds a lot bassier and has a wider/deeper stage. However it looks like a lot of people are also happy with the stock amp1 mk2. My dealer is also bundling an Amp3 in the deal.

3) there are earlier reports that the included tempered glass screen protector would hamper the touch screen, is this solved now?

May 8, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #2,407 of 13,478
Yeah probably cold because it's meant to bypass the amp... not meant for plugging your IEM/headphones into.
Well, it was not own purpose, the position of LO / PO of each vendor is different, when you alrd get used to the position of (Left to right ) PO - LO - Balanced, while IBasso is LO - PO - Balanced... just need to adjust the muscle memory...

May 8, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #2,408 of 13,478
Hey guys, I have a DX220 on order and will be collecting it from the shop when I get home by the end of this month. I know the DX220 will not disappoint given the numerous good comments I'm reading here. However I have 2 questions which I would like opinions on:

1) there is a burn-in cable included. How does this differ from normal burning in with earphones/headphones? Is the process faster with the burn-in cable?

2) what's the verdict on the DX220+Amp8? Is it a must have or good to have? I'm thinking of using the DX220 with IEMs and via coxial out to my car stereo but the thought of driving headphones with the Amp8 does sound intriguing. From what I read, the Amp8 sounds a lot bassier and has a wider/deeper stage. However it looks like a lot of people are also happy with the stock amp1 mk2. My dealer is also bundling an Amp3 in the deal.

3) there are earlier reports that the included tempered glass screen protector would hamper the touch screen, is this solved now?

1. Yes there is a burn in cable included.

2. Many of us prefer AMP8 with the 4.4mm jack and while everyone’s ears are different, most of us hear an expanded soundstage and prefer it for headphones.

3. The Gorilla Glass screen Offers the same protection as your Galaxy or iPhone. You don’t need the tempered glass IMO.

Remember to update your unit immediately and then burn it in for at least 100hrs. You’ll hear improvements along the way. After 200hrs it’s a different sound as well.

Lastly...enjoy your new DAP! Have fun with it!

May 8, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #2,409 of 13,478
May 8, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #2,410 of 13,478
@aaf evo sorry bud, SPKM was on loan for review, don't have it anymore, only SPK.

For the reference, DX220 dimensions are: 126mm x 70.5mm x 18.7mm (4.96" x 2.78" x 0.74")

No problem, thanks anyways! I’ll have to do some digging for a DX200 vs M and maybe just use that as some sort of idea since the 220 isn’t too far off the size of the 200.

May 8, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #2,411 of 13,478
First impression of the DX220: I don’t like the case, it interfere with swiping from the top down or bottom up. I would’ve like the color to be in black, but orange is fine. The device heat up pretty quick when listening to music. You don’t feel it with the case on but you can feel the warm from the exposed top part. Sound wise it’s good. I haven’t test out the PEQ settings. I have to wait till the weekend to do measurements to see if the PEQ is implemented properly. LPGT gain only go up to +/-11dB and DX220 go up to +/-20dB which is great. Also the bandwidth goes up to 20 and LPGT only goes up to 1 (1.9 in previously firmware). On paper, you have more control over the sound you want with the DX220. I would like to have PEQ Settings changed to profile that you can rename and save. So far, I like it better than the A&K SE100. There so much you can do on the DX220 compare to the SE100.

I do recommend these 4-in-1 plug cables. They come in gold, silver, and copper/silver.

2fukYLN.jpg

May 8, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #2,412 of 13,478
[QUOTE="fzman, post: 14943017, member: 78879" my fi [/QUOte

@fzman
‘My Fi’.....love it...gonna steal it. :)

It's an old expression-you are more than welcome to use it.

May 8, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #2,413 of 13,478
Wow +20dB, I’m strongly considering getting this vs my AK380. The sound is incredible, but I would like a bit more on the bottom end...I like that reverbant slightly boomy bass. Can anyone comment on the bass. I know it’s a reference player just like the 380.

First impression of the DX220: I don’t like the case, it interfere with swiping from the top down or bottom up. I would’ve like the color to be in black, but orange is fine. The device heat up pretty quick when listening to music. You don’t feel it with the case on but you can feel the warm from the exposed top part. Sound wise it’s good. I haven’t test out the PEQ settings. I have to wait till the weekend to do measurements to see if the PEQ is implemented properly. LPGT gain only go up to +/-11dB and DX220 go up to +/-20dB which is great. Also the bandwidth goes up to 20 and LPGT only goes up to 1 (1.9 in previously firmware). On paper, you have more control over the sound you want with the DX220. I would like to have PEQ Settings changed to profile that you can rename and save. So far, I like it better than the A&K SE100. There so much you can do on the DX220 compare to the SE100.

I do recommend these 4-in-1 plug cables. They come in gold, silver, and copper/silver.

2fukYLN.jpg

May 8, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #2,414 of 13,478

Curious, what cables are these? If you have a URL link that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back