DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 8, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #2,356 of 13,478
As expected from a well-designed implementation of a pair of dacs to the board, while one chip deals with left side, the other focuses on right side. One 9028pro has 8 channels;therefore, the both must be benefiting from 16 channels. You have claimed the dx220 can use 4 channels at most. Is there anyone here presenting official diagram of engineering design like sabre’s official website suggests ( just google sabre es9028pro). If DX220 uses only 4 channels, this sucks!

Who said such that you asked above ?

Would you understand the Diagram ? Those you see in A&K or Cayin are simple diagram that doesn’t really mean anything. Unless you want official Schematic and you can comprehend it.....even so, why Should Ibasso disclose it if any ?

There are different cores in the ES9028Pros, and if fully implemented, you can control it via Software or Firmware. Maybe you can try asking our only 1 @Lurker0 here about what the core firmware is doing with ES9028Pros ?

Then, such questions should also be directed toward other TOTL such as SP1000/2000.....Sony DMP-Z1 as well....

Once again, the DAC-IC alone can not do anything by itself......

May 8, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #2,357 of 13,478
The DX220 uses all 8 channels per ES9028Pro. Sabre still considers the ES9028Pro as a top of the line dac chip. It is about implementation and the DX220 does this very well.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 8, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #2,358 of 13,478
Where does this entitlement bull crap come from? lol too funny.

I said it before...What happened to this thread?

May 8, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,359 of 13,478
Where does this entitlement bull crap come from? lol too funny.

I said it before...What happened to this thread?
LOL! I agreed, people basically pulling smoke out of their @$$ and post about dx220 ? This would be so much misleading to the consumers. I am glad @Paul - iBasso has clarified it !

I would suggest for any people with such questions to be asked politely rather than with a directed intentions that makes you appeared to be “hateful, or trolling”.

We all know that @Paul - iBasso will always be here and answer the questions that he can

May 8, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #2,360 of 13,478
The DX220 uses all 8 channels per ES9028Pro. Sabre still considers the ES9028Pro as a top of the line dac chip. It is about implementation and the DX220 does this very well.
Just out of curiosity... was the 9038Pro ever considered for the DX220?

Based on power consumption and cost I would think the 9028 would still be the way to go.

May 8, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #2,361 of 13,478
LOL! I agreed, people basically pulling smoke out of their @$$ and post about dx220 ? This would be so much misleading to the consumers. I am glad @Paul - iBasso has clarified it !

I would suggest for any people with such questions to be asked politely rather than with a directed intentions that makes you appeared to be “hateful, or trolling”.

We all know that @Paul - iBasso will always be here and answer the questions that he can
Well - I think they are both blowing and pulling that smoke...

:deadhorse:

Cheers,
Tim

May 8, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #2,362 of 13,478
Just out of curiosity... was the 9038Pro ever considered for the DX220?

Based on power consumption and cost I would think the 9028 would still be the way to go.
We looked into it. The current demand for 2 would have required a much larger battery and with correct implementation the ES9028Pro does as well. A dap is either a portable or transportable. There are many options.

May 8, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #2,363 of 13,478
We looked into it. The current demand for 2 would have required a much larger battery and with correct implementation the ES9028Pro does as well. A dap is either a portable or transportable. There are many options.
Makes a lot of sense. The Kann Cube is a great example of the sacrifices that need to be made to implement the 9038. Thanks Paul!

May 8, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #2,364 of 13,478
I would ask that people please stay on track here. We development daps so people can enjoy the music. We also try to make it so many can do this without it costing more than most are comfortable with. We put many high cost components in the DX220 and other products we produce. We could and possibly should charge more but we try to balanced our needs to stay in business with truly wanting people to enjoy this form of entertainment. I am sure we will come out with more expensive products as statement pieces but we also strive to get the very most out of everything so what you are paying for is a product, no matter the cost that you are assured of as being quality and you are getting the most for your money. In return, Please Enjoy the Music.

May 8, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #2,365 of 13,478
Who said such that you asked above ?

Would you understand the Diagram ? Those you see in A&K or Cayin are simple diagram that doesn’t really mean anything. Unless you want official Schematic and you can comprehend it.....even so, why Should Ibasso disclose it if any ?

There are different cores in the ES9028Pros, and if fully implemented, you can control it via Software or Firmware. Maybe you can try asking our only 1 @Lurker0 here about what the core firmware is doing with ES9028Pros ?

Then, such questions should also be directed toward other TOTL such as SP1000/2000.....Sony DMP-Z1 as well....

Once again, the DAC-IC alone can not do anything by itself......

Please Do not be rude! Read the posts before me. I just requested the further explanation from the claimer. I am shocked as well. There are some claims going on in this thread. Those must be investigated.

Yes, i can understand the diagram. It is not too complicated. The companies which we purchased from are just putting all those chips and units on the board. I believe a few of engineers designs all. Nothing more. Yeah i am an engineer, and design quite complicated algorithms and mathematical models. Believe me you do not need a diploma with high GPA from a top rank uni to understand what is happening.

I now just want to know how many channels not the dac itself but DX220 offers. Thats all.

May 8, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #2,366 of 13,478
Please Do not be rude! Read the posts before me. I just requested the further explanation from the claimer. I am shocked as well. There are some claims going on in this thread. Those must be investigated.

Yes, i can understand the diagram. It is not too complicated. The companies which we purchased from are just putting all those chips and units on the board. I believe a few of engineers designs all. Nothing more. Yeah i am an engineer, and design quite complicated algorithms and mathematical models. Believe me you do not need a diploma with high GPA from a top rank uni to understand what is happening.

I now just want to know how many channels not the dac itself but DX220 offers. Thats all.
You had an official answer from Paul.

My apologies if you think I was trying to be rude, which I don’t. If you are working as an engineer to develop any products for any companies at all....I am sure you have signed non disclosure agreements and contracts before working with such companies, then you should realize that to disclose something as much as a trade secrets isn’t an option for anyone. Unless the “Service manual” were to be provided, and needed. But that is all under the control of such companies.

So, from that assumption, I would assume that if you were curious about what going on with Dx220. A simple question should be just “ ES9028Pro is an 8 channels chip, is it fully implemented?” Rather than misleading people with a statement “if DX220 is using 4 channels per chip...it sucks” and then go into the question “is it really so ?”. You started out with that statement (which you may have been misleaded to begin with), and so I should start out with what I assumed. Then again, I am not trying to be rude.

This is why I would politely ask for anyone at all, if you don’t understand anything about how the Dx220 is working, just ask for it.....rather than spreading mis-information or appear to be trolling/hateful

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #2,367 of 13,478
May 8, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #2,369 of 13,478
My DX220 is here!! I ordered sunday and only three days for delivery: amazing!!...and now start with burn-in. :)

Congrats! Remember...at least 100hrs of burn in, update the firmware right away, and most of all enjoy your new purchase!

May 8, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #2,370 of 13,478
Congrats! Remember...at least 100hrs of burn in, update the firmware right away, and most of all enjoy your new purchase!
I'll do in this way... sure. Thanks friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back