DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 1, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #1,696 of 13,478
For anyone who wondered, the Pure Mango Mode sounds better than Mango in Androids. The only reasons I would use Android is for Bluetooth+DAC amp function, or YouTube, or streaming. With offline collections, I always use Mango Mode, and it always had been this way to me with Stock Ibasso Firmware. The only time when I would use Android Mango for my Collection would be when I applied Fidelizer.

Yes, I prefer Mango Mode whenever I don’t want anything but just Music!
Mango Player ? Thought of this 90s Mango. Is this where iBasso got Mango from ?

May 1, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #1,700 of 13,478
is it wise to completely drain the battery before charging my unit is now at 15% ????

May 1, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #1,701 of 13,478
I have some noctua thermal paste left over from my PC build. I just might...

If that would void the warranty I would strongly caution against it. Doesn't seem like something that would affect sound quality unless someone is certain it does. I would imagine these don't actually overheat, or at least would hope.

Sweet frustration, isn’t it?

Happy for you.

Not so much. I was under the impression in order to be delivered today it would have to already be in my state but it isn't. At least Barcelona vs Liverpool is today.

May 1, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #1,702 of 13,478
is it wise to completely drain the battery before charging my unit is now at 15% ????
No it's not a good idea to drain it that low with most modern batteries. Around 50% and change as it keeps the battery health longer. It's optional every once a month or so to drain the battery so that your device will accurately read the battery percentage

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #1,703 of 13,478
If that would void the warranty I would strongly caution against it. Doesn't seem like something that would affect sound quality unless someone is certain it does. I would imagine these don't actually overheat, or at least would hope.

Not so much. I was under the impression in order to be delivered today it would have to already be in my state but it isn't. At least Barcelona vs Liverpool is today.

Aww C’mon, it is frustrating, I know, but you’ll have it soon. That’s pretty sweet.

As for applying better thermal paste, it will definitely improve heat dissipation, and it will definitely not affect the sound at all. It is for the prospect of safeguarding the longevity of the components. However, you are technically voiding your warranty (though iBasso is a more-than-fair company when it comes to support). If upgrading the thermal paste is your sole reason for breaking the seal I wouldn’t do it.

May 1, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #1,704 of 13,478
...I needed to watch something in between refreshing the DHL tracking info page. O what a night...
You waiting for your new dap? I can go down walk 7 minutes and buy a dx220 . There are five shops in my hood selling it.

Here watch this while you wait.

20180627_173056.jpg

May 1, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #1,706 of 13,478
Seems like there's a steep price to pay for having such a good supply of DX220s. Insult to injury.
Yeah $1,300 usd for a 400 sq ft. Flat.
Screenshot_2019-05-01-17-05-27.png

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #1,707 of 13,478
Hi Chris first time I’ve l ordered from you :) hopefully I’ll get it soon as I ordered early.

Must admit fantastic price with an amp 8 as well :)

Glad to hear it! Happy to see the orders rolling in. iBasso are going to be closed for a labour holiday this week, but our first batch of DX220 for UK/EU customers is due to be dispatched from iBasso May 6th, so should certainly arrive earlier than the conservative estimate shown on the AMP3 site.

May 1, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #1,708 of 13,478
Three way comparison between DX150 (upper left) M11 (upper right) and DX220
Which app did you use? I'd run the same on my DX220, to compare with your results.

May 1, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #1,709 of 13,478
Use Passmark and let me know. It seems to still be capped at 816mhz x 8 after the update.

May 1, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #1,710 of 13,478
Hey @marcusd, when you wrote your review, did you actually test the output for the DAC mode?

What I'm actually seeing here is that the DX200 DAC driver will detect my DX220 only when it's in DAP mode, but when I switch it to DAC mode it actually stops being detected. Obviously the device can't be used as a DAC in DAP mode.

@Paul - iBasso is the DX200 DAC driver even supposed to work for DX220?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back