DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 30, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #1,666 of 13,478
Wonder when iBasso or Lurker could code in gesture navigation, it’s strongly preferable to the three button thing at the bottom or trying to press the back arrow in Mango; just do it the way Fiio M11 does it. Swipe back to go back, swipe up to go to the home screen, etc. As the DX220 case and other cases are too close to the edge to do certain actions easily.

Apr 30, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #1,667 of 13,478
Wonder when iBasso or Lurker could code in gesture navigation, it’s strongly preferable to the three button thing at the bottom or trying to press the back arrow in Mango; just do it the way Fiio M11 does it. Swipe back to go back, swipe up to go to the home screen, etc. As the DX220 case and other cases are too close to the edge to do certain actions easily.

I definitely agree with this. My DX150 wasn't as easy to use as the gesture nav on the M11. I am hoping to get a DX220 soon and gesture nav would be nice.

Apr 30, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #1,669 of 13,478
For anyone who wondered, the Pure Mango Mode sounds better than Mango in Androids. The only reasons I would use Android is for Bluetooth+DAC amp function, or YouTube, or streaming. With offline collections, I always use Mango Mode, and it always had been this way to me with Stock Ibasso Firmware. The only time when I would use Android Mango for my Collection would be when I applied Fidelizer.

Yes, I prefer Mango Mode whenever I don’t want anything but just Music!

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #1,673 of 13,478
Yeah, I’m not sure why the parametric isn’t implemented on Mango OS.

Mango OS Player is definitely the best in terms of sound quality. With the DX200, I thought the very best third party players outclassed both versions of Mango player—at least with Fidelizer. With DX220, Mango player takes the top position.

Android is fantastic with the 220, but MangoOS clears some of the reamaining digital grime and haze for the cleanest possible signal from the 220. At the same time this is not at the expense of a sterile sound. It sounds both cleaner and more analog and musical.

Don’t know about MQA unfolding.

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #1,674 of 13,478
Hey, I'm thinking of buying the Campfire Audio Atlas and the AMP 8 to go with my DX220. Do you guys think it would be a good match all together ?
Thanks
I use the campfire Vega with the dx200ti with amp8 and amp1ti. I know they are a bit different but the Vega sounds great. I think the Vega compliments the dx200 very well. One is a a bit warmer and the other is what I would consider close to neutral. I listen almost everyday as much as I can. Great sound and it never hurts my ears. I hope this helps.

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #1,675 of 13,478
Interesting question. I may find a MQA test file and try later.

Yeah, I’m not sure why the parametric isn’t implemented on Mango OS.

Mango OS Player is definitely the best in terms of sound quality. With the DX200, I thought the very best third party players outclassed both versions of Mango player—at least with Fidelizer. With DX220, Mango player takes the top position.

Android is fantastic with the 220, but MangoOS clears some of the reamaining digital grime and haze for the cleanest possible signal from the 220. At the same time this is not at the expense of a sterile sound. It sounds both cleaner and more analog and musical.

Don’t know about MQA unfolding.

Yes Guys, this is important for some of us who have UAPP, for science.... like expat said...

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #1,676 of 13,478
in Pure Mango Mode, u still can do MQA fold right?
A9735F6A-E076-41FA-8A8E-D62C3AA834E4.jpeg 7DEF3A65-B51D-4B0A-A9AA-A01A89CAEB39.jpeg

It work on both Android’s Mango and Mango OS

HOWEVER not unfold properly on Mango OS, notice the frequency. Not sure if it’s a bugs. @Paul - iBasso

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #1,678 of 13,478
One point for DX220...

this mean, I dont need google play to verify my UAPP... NICE...

Thanks a lot @toughnut
btw, which one is Android mango and Pure Mango based on ur picture

First is Android, last is Mango OS.

The one with volume indicator at center is Mango OS.

CORRECTION, Mango OS actually didn’t unfold it properly! It play the file though.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #1,679 of 13,478
First is Android, last is Mango OS.

The one with volume indicator at center is Mango OS.

CORRECTION, Mango OS actually didn’t unfold it properly! It play the file though.
IC... well at least on Mango Android can...
hope @Paul - iBasso can fixed that in Mango OS... that will be top notch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back