DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 20, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #11,116 of 13,478
9 hours? That is impossible !
It lasted 9 hours when playing music for 9 hours continuously ?

Just sharing my usage time man, I have no reason to fabricate or lie over a DAP I don’t even own anymore. Roughly 9 hours with normal use, screen on periodically to change tracks etc, Spotify offline music. The AMP 9 was the best battery life I was ever getting out of the DX220. Regardless I think 4 hours for AMP 9 is crazy low, sounds like there may be something going on with your unit.

Feb 20, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #11,119 of 13,478
For the record i only NEED a 2 hr runtime. I love the unit esp the Amp9.
do i think my current use and runtime is low for a high dollar unit? yes. but i'm still happy with it.
No way, Any unit that runs on 4 hours with local storage and screen off in mango modes....will all need new battery. That is all I can say

I keep repeating this, but the screen resolution and brightness with WiFi On will KILL your battery play time. Like streaming YouTube or Tidal with you browsing around in max display and brightness....not only your Dx228 will drain out quickly, it will also be heated up like a pocket hands warmer.

I have SP2K and the battery on that unit last slightly less than Dx228ex , period.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #11,121 of 13,478
Nope. My unit just a month old and it only lasts for 4-5 hours. I don't play DSD512 or any DSD, it is all 16/44.1.
If DX220 units has that much high unit variance it is still iBasso's fault.
And I am not saying that Ibasso is not at Fault. Ibasso will always take care of the problems. There is a reason why warranty exist

Except now, Corona virus is wrecking China, and all you can think of is your player behaving negatively ?

I never understand this though, you have been complaining about the player as soon as you got it, and I kept on saying there are 15 days satisfactory guarantees. During this time, you can return for a full refund except shipping, but you don’t do so. What are you trying to do ?

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #11,122 of 13,478
Well, I am a huge fan of the DX220 and have been since it was released - and I get around 5 hours of usage with AMP8EX, high gain, volume around 60 for the most part, screen brightness dialed way down to around 20%, and using mp3 files. Just stating a factual piece of information from my own personal usage - no hidden agenda, fake news, etc.

What this does suggest is that there might be an issue with my battery and I will reach out to Paul once the COVID-19 havoc subsides - which can't be soon enough for everyone on the planet that cares about the human race. Let's hope the current trends of fewer new cases, fewer deaths, etc continues...

Kind Regards,
Tim

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #11,123 of 13,478
I never understand this though, you have been complaining about the player as soon as you got it, and I kept on saying there are 15 days satisfactory guarantees. During this time, you can return for a full refund except shipping, but you don’t do so. What are you trying to do ?
What a genius idea sir! But I bought my DX220 from a audio store and they don't allow returns of audio players. And this discussion is not about returning DX220 in 15 days or not. Please stay on the topic.

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #11,124 of 13,478
What a genius idea sir! But I bought my DX220 from a audio store and they don't allow returns of audio players. And this discussion is not about returning DX220 in 15 days or not. Please stay on the topic.
I am staying on topic here, and thank you for finally answering my question.
The store sold you the player which is covered by warranty, don’t allow return, then I would take a snap shot of Ibasso specs saying 6-8hours play times and toss in their faces. Telling them what you have been telling us, you can not get over 3-5 hours, and demand new batter under warranty

That isn’t so hard ?
I would advise everyone out there who want to buy Ibasso products to buy directly from the website. Ibasso ship worldwide, and have 15 days satisfactory guaranteed. So to avoid similar situations

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #11,125 of 13,478
Well, I am a huge fan of the DX220 and have been since it was released - and I get around 5 hours of usage with AMP8EX, high gain, volume around 60 for the most part, screen brightness dialed way down to around 20%, and using mp3 files. Just stating a factual piece of information from my own personal usage - no hidden agenda, fake news, etc.

Yes, 5 hours or "3-5 hours depending on usage" is the most accurate description of the DX220's battery life.
Actually the battery life is enough, because I don't use the DX220 more than a few hours and I can charge it overnight. So I am doing fine with the battery. But I have no idea about those "9 hours"

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #11,126 of 13,478
Yes, 5 hours or "3-5 hours depending on usage" is the most accurate description of the DX220's battery life.
Actually the battery life is enough, because I don't use the DX220 more than a few hours and I can charge it overnight. So I am doing fine with the battery. But I have no idea about those "9 hours"

once again, i have no reason to fabricate the battery length i was getting. I couldn’t care less personally if people believe me or not as I get nothing out of sharing my thoughts. You’re sitting here complaining about the battery life which CLEARLY seems to be an actual issue with YOUR unit, i don’t get why you complain but won’t go the extra steps to potentially FIX the issue? idk, doesnt make sense to me but to each their own.

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #11,127 of 13,478
Here, bring these pictures to your Seller, store, and demand it in their face for a new battery

If the store don’t want to do anything, then you can ask for Paul and Ibasso, but as I mentioned, the outbreak is very bad, and Ibasso is closed for the team safety and I pray for everyone

Ibasso always take care of the customer. Your situations has nothing to do with Ibasso or how bad the Dx220 as a platform is or whatever. Defects happens and so there are warranty.

If there is anyone to blame here, it is your seller or the store and not Ibasso. I just want to make it clear. The store doesn’t allow what should be allowed, satisfaction guaranteed from Ibasso itself. Then they have to be responsible for warranty

What I can confirm for everyone here is that If you have less than 5 hours running no WiFi no screen time in pure mango mode with typical Lossless local files, then your battery need replacement. Thought I would be reasonable and say 6-8 hours is what the Dx220 and Amp8 do for me

CBDF89B6-78ED-4C4B-B6AA-03F881C61C3F.jpeg98A1E6A8-8FC5-45FD-BBFB-6F86EA6006A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #11,128 of 13,478
once again, i have no reason to fabricate the battery length i was getting. I couldn’t care less personally if people believe me or not as I get nothing out of sharing my thoughts. You’re sitting here complaining about the battery life which CLEARLY seems to be an actual issue with YOUR unit, i don’t get why you complain but won’t go the extra steps to potentially FIX the issue? idk, doesnt make sense to me but to each their own.

If everyone was getting 9+ hours and it was ONLY me getting 4 hours yes, that would be mean the issue is only with my unit
But read the thread. Many people say they get around 5 hours like I do. Someone has just said this:
Amp1mk2: Gain: Low Runtime: 2 hr 40 minutes
Amp9: Gain: High Runtime 4 hr 10 minutes

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #11,129 of 13,478
If everyone was getting 9+ hours and it was ONLY me getting 4 hours yes, that would be mean the issue is only with my unit
But read the thread. Many people say they get around 5 hours like I do. Someone has just said this:

My 9 hours was with AMP 9 module, not AMP 1 MK 2 or AMP 8, you are also getting 4 hours with AMP 9 like the other guy stated? Not sure what to tell you there. I’d still push for a battery replacement but if that doesn’t bother you then I suppose you’ll just have to accept it as is.

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #11,130 of 13,478
seriously, I don't get why posting every day tens of messages against a product that evidently is not satisfactory...which is perfectly fine...not everybody has to be satisfied, despite having one of the top Dap in the world.
the problem is that you do not take the further step - not a single action, but complaining in the thread: not selling it, not returning it, not asking for a fix of the issues under warranty...
you look like the perfect troll, just here to write bad things about a product, but unable to get rid of it...
a curious psychological behaviour, unless there is a purpose behind that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back