DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 21, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #11,146 of 13,478
It's an irony while I am having the best time of my life listening to sweet sound of dx229 after hard days work, someone holding the same device is miserably unhappy.
The happiness doesn't come cheap, bro. You gotta take the risk and invest more in mod. :) You either find what you really wanted in sound and be happy or
be even more miserable wasting more money the "crap' you are now holding...but I'd say it's still better than just being miserable as is....
Just got myself a brand new amp9 for €206 where in UK its £269. So quite a steal. Now even if i dont like it my mind will be in peace.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #11,147 of 13,478
It's an irony while I am having the best time of my life listening to sweet sound of dx229 after hard days work, someone holding the same device is miserably unhappy.
The happiness doesn't come cheap, bro. You gotta take the risk and invest more in mod. :) You either find what you really wanted in sound and be happy or
be even more miserable wasting more money the "crap' you are now holding...but I'd say it's still better than just being miserable as is....

I don't own a "mod" and I won't invest into a one. A $979 device should be enjoyable right out of the box at its stock form (I actually even bought a AMP8) . Spending +$500 for a hardware mod shouldn't be necesary to enjoy a device

I am unhappy with my DX220 because it doesn't sound better than my smartphone. Yes you heard it correct. You guys will of course disagree because you think DX220 sounds significantly better than your phone. But for me, it doesn't sound better at all. Infrequently it even sounds worse.
Yes, I will sell it. If I can't find any buyer I will throw it out of my window and get rid of it.

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #11,148 of 13,478
I am sorry, but I never had such mindset as buying a corolla and asking for it to perform as a Bugatti.....or closer....as a corvette. I usually know when I am being cheap, and unreasonable.

I also think that I don’t like Blue-cheese, doesn’t mean that it is bad as I have known many people who say to enjoy it immensely....me on another hand, can not enjoy it in comparison to some cheap Walmart cheese......However, I would never say to the whole world and or everyone who claims that Blue cheese is good....to pathetically claim or state, Blue-cheese is worse than my Mac-cheese from Walmart.

I am also multi-cultures, and I have learned that in Western, it is “very Rude” to claim something that someone is enjoying to be “BAD”.

So, with all that said.....I know what to do next. Love my Dx228EX

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #11,149 of 13,478
I don't own a "mod" and I won't invest into a one. A $979 device should be enjoyable right out of the box at its stock form (I actually even bought a AMP8) . Spending +$500 for a hardware mod shouldn't be necesary to enjoy a device

I am unhappy with my DX220 because it doesn't sound better than my smartphone. Yes you heard it correct. You guys will of course disagree because you think DX220 sounds significantly better than your phone. But for me, it doesn't sound better at all. Infrequently it even sounds worse.
Yes, I will sell it. If I can't find any buyer I will throw it out of my window and get rid of it.
This one is persistent. I cant believe how much irelevant crap comes out of his mouth. How many already blocked @flarex3 ?

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #11,150 of 13,478
Regardless. Main reason i bought dx220 was its modular amp and ability to mod the amp without loosing waranty for device. Just because it sounded good out of the box did not mean that it cannot sound better. That is the main thing getting us together in these forums - we are always looking for something more.

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #11,151 of 13,478
I am sorry, but I never had such mindset as buying a corolla and asking for it to perform as a Bugatti.....or closer....as a corvette. I usually know when I am being cheap, and unreasonable.

That's not my complaint. DX220 is already an expensive device , and my complaint isn't " I expect DX220 to perform like a $5k DAP but it doesn't !!"
What am I saying is: DX220 literally doesn't sound better my smartphone. This is $979 device completely optimised for the best audio production . But the $1 (I guess) audio circuit of my phone beats it.

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #11,152 of 13,478
flarex3 may be grumpy, but he is still right on one point we never did 8-9h with a load. Get out your head of the ass and do the math, I even have a confirmation from ibasso who tells me that the maximum I would do is about 6 7 hours. lol

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #11,154 of 13,478
Again, I did say that 6-8 hours is expected. Anything below 5 hours need new battery
Keep complaining without your own responsibility to solve the issue will only annoy people

Another point is that if I don’t like the device, man up, take a loss, move on

people do that all the time.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #11,155 of 13,478
Sounds like you need to accept your losses and sell it and enjoy your phone man.

That's not my complaint. DX220 is already an expensive device , and my complaint isn't " I expect DX220 to perform like a $5k DAP but it doesn't !!"
What am I saying is: DX220 literally doesn't sound better my smartphone. This is $979 device completely optimised for the best audio production . But the $1 (I guess) audio circuit of my phone beats it.

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #11,156 of 13,478
Again, I did say that 6-8 hours is expected. Anything below 5 hours need new battery
Keep complaining without your own responsibility to solve the issue will only annoy people

Another point is that if I don’t like the device, man up, take a loss, move on

people do that all the time. I just took a hit on AK Sp2000, but it is my hobby and I enjoy learning and experiencing.

do you have a video for change the battery because im not an expert like you for that :wink:

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #11,157 of 13,478
" Keep complaining without your own responsbility to solve the issue will only annoy people"

LOL. So half or an even larger portion of the DX220 units can be shipped with a defective battery and it is fine. And the customer received a DX220 with faulty battery must order and import new battery from iBasso and change the battery by himself. It is the customer's responsibility

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #11,158 of 13,478

Did you burn it in? It's recommended for a reason, you shouldn't be judging based on stock. Also have you tried a different AMP unit? There is a reason why this device has changeable AMP units, if you don't like the sound of one you can try another.

If you think you're phone sounds better then keep using your phone and stay away from DAP's, they aren't for you.

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #11,159 of 13,478
" Keep complaining without your own responsbility to solve the issue will only annoy people"

LOL. So half or an even larger portion of the DX220 units can be shipped with a defective battery and it is fine. And the customer received a DX220 with faulty battery must order and import new battery from iBasso and change the battery by himself. It is the customer's responsibility

You can also choose to send the unit back.

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #11,160 of 13,478
i have the same result with my dx220 flarex max max 6h on flac 24
The point was taken and many agreed with that.
What was said was get over it or sell the bloody thing and move on.

I personally dont.like balanced aramture sound whatever i listen. So i went and sold my ba iems after trying and never looked back. Of course i lost money, of course a lot of peoples liked the iems i disliked. But i did not bloody cry on a18t forums that they should hace used DD planar hybirds instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back