DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 20, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #11,101 of 13,478
Thanks. Why are people reporting 4.5 hours with some configurations?
Well, it depends more on the rest of the configuration, its not the same use high gain with 70 volume under Android than high with 35 under Mango OS... There is so much different combinations to analyse... I have better battery stats Ander Android than Mango and its supposed that Mango deletes all the things that makes Android more hungry in terms of battery but using Fidelizer Advanced rom, Android could be even better than Mango in terms of battery.

8 hours in any case its something like 12,5% per hour. You don't use always the 100% of the battery if you don't want to kill the battery, so, taking this into account, he will use the 90% of the battery which is the 11,25% of battery per hour. I don't know if the people is lying or something like that but I NEVER had this stats, never ever. 18/20% per hour its the normal for me which is like 5 hours of use. For me its enough as I always have a charger and I only listen going to my job or at the office so its not a problem but again, I can't believe the people who claims 8 hours of battery, even if you use battery saver option under Android...

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #11,102 of 13,478
Well, it depends more on the rest of the configuration, its not the same use high gain with 70 volume under Android than high with 35 under Mango OS... There is so much different combinations to analyse... I have better battery stats Ander Android than Mango and its supposed that Mango deletes all the things that makes Android more hungry in terms of battery but using Fidelizer Advanced rom, Android could be even better than Mango in terms of battery.

8 hours in any case its something like 12,5% per hour. You don't use always the 100% of the battery if you don't want to kill the battery, so, taking this into account, he will use the 90% of the battery which is the 11,25% of battery per hour. I don't know if the people is lying or something like that but I NEVER had this stats, never ever. 18/20% per hour its the normal for me which is like 5 hours of use. For me its enough as I always have a charger and I only listen going to my job or at the office so its not a problem but again, I can't believe the people who claims 8 hours of battery, even if you use battery saver option under Android...
but as it comes to 8 hours, I at most 6.5 hours.

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #11,104 of 13,478
Can not say. Using mango mode only here, perhaps that makes a difference. This is the average when listening to 24/96 or dsd files mainly with one redbook flac album in between. Baiscly always can listen to 6 albums till i get to around 35%

Feb 20, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #11,108 of 13,478
It lasts 3-5 hours depending on usage. And most of my music 16/44.1, I usually listen to my audio files instead of streaming. I don't use bluetooth and other battery consuming elements. So some people may get even less battery life if their usage is more intense and if they play high sample rate/ DSD stuff.

Feb 20, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #11,110 of 13,478
Thanks. Why are people reporting 4.5 hours with some configurations?

Firmware: Current
ROM: Stock or Lurkers
Source: Amazon Music. HD and Ultra HD tracks downloaded for local (offline playback)
IEM: Ultimate Ears Live (10ohm) unbalanced
Screen: 720p and off for the testing i did.

Amp1mk2: Gain: Low Runtime: 2 hr 40 minutes
Amp9: Gain: High Runtime 4 hr 10 minutes

i've ran battery to 0 and charged to 100 percent a few times. the runtime is consistent for me and my testing.
I am not the original owner so I cannot speak for how the battery was cared for by previous owner.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #11,112 of 13,478
Unless DSD512, there is no way to go as low as 4.5 hours

It lasts only for that long when playing 16/44.1 in Mango Player. The battery never lasts more than 5 hours and my units is just one months old. So over the time the batter will even further decline.
Sorry but many of your sayings about DX220 are overly optimistic and don't reflect the actual user experince. Either you have a magical DX220 which performs much better than the other units or you're not telling the truth for some reasons.

Feb 20, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #11,114 of 13,478
Yeah, may be your unit only last 3-5 hours and that make the thousand units of dx220 out there to accept and follow that as a fact.

That sounds pretty magical to me

I don’t doubt your claim, and I am saying all along that there may be something wrong with your unit. But do what you will...I am not the one who is experiencing the negativities. I enjoy my dx228ex a lot

I can say for certain that if your battery last 4 hours, it is time for a new battery. However, you can choose to stay with it and claim that all DX220 can only last that much, it is just fine

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back