DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #10,563 of 13,478
I have scanned most of this thread and I am interested in the Amp8EX. I saw there was a buy in months ago. Is that mod amp still available anywhere?
Nope, it was a closed opportunity and if you didn't join then your unique option its to buy one on second market but they are very precious as its the best unit amp for iBasso

Jan 27, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #10,566 of 13,478
@dhc0329 What's the difference in battery management?
I came to the conclusion that regardless of the type of headphone and gain mode, my DX220 consumes an average of ~ 15% (13%-18%) per hour. Night: from 00:00 to 8:00 - 5%, with WiFi on.
ps I spent 5 discharge cycles from 100% to 2%. And the result was about the same - 5-6 hours.

Playing about 90% of flac files in 24/192 at volume 70 using amp9 (wifi/bluetooth/screen off) on neutron 24/96khz with few skip operation I get about 24% per hour so I would say around 4 hours run time.

Jan 27, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #10,567 of 13,478
Please elaborate “dirty” ? And in comparison to ? Mojo ?

Clear and Elegia out of my DX220: The sound is often unclear and congested (compared to what I desire) . Not bad but it is supposed to be better. When listening to songs with Vocals + Instruments and other elements, instruments overshadow vocals.
I don't really know what is wrong. Focal Clear and Elegia are high-end headphones and DX220 should be a high-end DAP. Of course I stream lossless music from TIDAL. Shouldn't they sound crystal clear ?

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #10,568 of 13,478
Tida
Clear and Elegia out of my DX220: The sound is often unclear and congested (compared to what I desire) . Not bad but it is supposed to be better. When listening to songs with Vocals + Instruments and other elements, instruments overshadow vocals.
I don't really know what is wrong. Focal Clear and Elegia are high-end headphones and DX220 should be a high-end DAP. Of course I stream lossless music from TIDAL. Shouldn't they sound crystal clear ?
Tidal is a streaming platform so if you don’t monitor the bitrate on a real tone you don’t know if the sound is working properly. I suggest you to try with some offline files such as Flac 16/24 and decide properly :)

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #10,569 of 13,478

from what references or what do you mark as a level of acceptable “crystal clear performances” ? I wonder. I did drive Utopia with Dx208Ti-Ex and it was “very good”.

that is why I am trying to figure out here what your personal preferences are.

so, tell me again, what do you deem as a “crystal clear” experiences ? From what devices ?

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #10,570 of 13,478
from what references or what do you mark as a level of acceptable “crystal clear performances” ? I wonder. I did drive Utopia with Dx208Ti-Ex and it was “very good”.

that is why I am trying to figure out here what your personal preferences are.

so, tell me again, what do you deem as a “crystal clear” experiences ? From what devices ?

I don't own a lot of high-end end devices, I am into the audio just for 2 years and haven't experienced many audio stuff. DX220, Focal Clear and Elegia are the most expensive products I own right now.
I briefly tried my Clear with Hugo 2 in an audio shop and it was very good. (I don't own Hugo 2, just had a chance to hear it). So that's the best sound I've heard.
Of course I don't expect Hugo2 performance from DX220. But it should sound better given the praises to the DX220. That's why I suspect if my unit has a fault or not. I'll appreciate any help.

Jan 27, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #10,571 of 13,478
I don't own a lot of high-end end devices, I am into the audio just for 2 years and haven't experienced many audio stuff. DX220, Focal Clear and Elegia are the most expensive products I own right now.
I briefly tried my Clear with Hugo 2 in an audio shop and it was very good. (I don't own Hugo 2, just had a chance to hear it). So that's the best sound I've heard.
Of course I don't expect Hugo2 performance from DX220. But it should sound better given the praises to the DX220. That's why I suspect if my unit has a fault or not. I'll appreciate any help.

Try with other dx220 and see what happened ?

Jan 27, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #10,573 of 13,478
Try with other dx220 and see what happened ?

I'm in a remote location and no other DX220 to try here. Can I troubleshoot if my unit is faulty at my own?
My DX220 works without issues and the sound is OK (not obviously broken). So I'm suspecting a small defect. Maybe some dust stucked in the DAC chips during production and causes the inferior sound quality. Or something similar. Is it technically possibe ?

Jan 27, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #10,574 of 13,478

Validate with some Flac files (16bit/44.1 or better) that Tidal isn't the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back