DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 26, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #10,531 of 13,478
Ok so after I mentioned I dont use Fidelizer ROMs anymore because I had to install the stock, then lurker's add-on for play store and then the fidelizer, it was getting a bit too much for me, although I had paid for his Advanced ROM few months back and only had positive feedback from it, Fidelizer contacted me thru PM and asked for my sincere feedback why i stopped using his ROMs.

It's only fair to him that I clear it up here, he sent me the latest Advanced ROM based on the new Ibasso firmware and I quite like it. Call it placebo effect or whatever. The new ibasso firmware came with a lot of clarity at the top end, but also made the treble borderline to harsh for my taste. After installing his ROM, it has tamed the treble and its more bearable now, and the sound coming out the DAP is very very enjoyable! Also the apps open a bit faster, I dont know why but after installing the latest stock firmrware, Tidal was lagging quite a bit with each click, that has now fixed, its smooth again.

Do I recommend you buy his ROM? Its upto you :) It can be a lot of money for anyone to put in a ROM where the sound improvement you may or may not hear yourself, so you have to make you're own choice, I just gave my impression.

Jan 26, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #10,532 of 13,478
I believe for mp3 it is not ok.
I’m listening DSD or FLAC->DSD64 using NeutronMP which requires for such conversion a very high power with AMP8EX high gain, Meze Rai Penta or IMR RAH and my battery drops around 16-18% per hour.
Checked on DSD 128 (dsf 1bit 5644kHz 11289) Android, Mango Player, Low Gain, Volume 80
charge dropped from 100% to 81%

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #10,536 of 13,478
IMG_20200126_231218.jpg
Dx220 does read file ISO?
Yes, it does!

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #10,540 of 13,478
got it...
if I look for the folder where there is an ISO album I see it and it plays it.
Different question now.
Very often I like to listen shuffling, using the "all music" function, but I'm afraid Mango does not look for all the music into all folders...
Is that a risk if files are not archived in the proper way? Is there an optimal way to archive files in the microSD, so that Mango OS finds them all when you play them shuffling?

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #10,541 of 13,478
got it...
if I look for the folder where there is an ISO album I see it and it plays it.
Different question now.
Very often I like to listen shuffling, using the "all music" function, but I'm afraid Mango does not look for all the music into all folders...
Is that a risk if files are not archived in the proper way? Is there an optimal way to archive files in the microSD, so that Mango OS finds them all when you play them shuffling?
I tried that either and it plays the files from mango and android as well.

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #10,542 of 13,478
Jan 26, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #10,543 of 13,478
Anything is possible - but I would probably say unlikely given quality control/checking that goes into devices like this. If you could somehow find a fellow DX220 owner that lives close you could try to arrange a get together to compare and see if yours is "off" in the sound department...

Otherwise I would suggest reaching out to Paul at iBasso once the CNY celebrations are over and they are back to work to get yours checked out/replaced, etc.

I am assuming you have tried all the usual things like removing and reinstalling the amp module to ensure a good connection, performed a factory reset, tried an alternate memory card or internal memory, do you have multiple amp modules to try an alternate, checked an alternate iBasso FW, etc? If not you may want to give one or more of these a go.

Cheers,
Tim

Unfortunately no other DX220s to try out here. I reached Paul and he told me that all products passed the tests before packaging so a defect is unlikely, but I can send my DX220 to them for inspecting it
Shipping my unit to China and back would be hard and expensive.
If I don't do that, I guess I's always be obsessed about if my unit is faulty or not. But if I send it, they will probably tell me "no problem found" and the process would be a waste of money and effort.
Either way it sucks. I don't know what should I do. :triportsad:

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #10,544 of 13,478
Just attached amp9 on fidelizer modded dx220 with its advanced rom and I am getting the microscopic details down to core and bass seems to have become much tighter and realistic. This is amazing details to pinprick level. Do I really need this much detail and separation to enjoy my music? More listening will determine. The latest ibasso stock rom might have been already good but there is a possibility Fidelizer might have hit the sweet spot
between my mod, cable and IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back