DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Dec 31, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #9,797 of 13,478
I bought a Fiio 4.4 cable for Amp8EX (when it arrives:k701smile:) and a Fiio 4.4/2.5 converter to use with existing DAPs balanced connection. I also found only one channel, until I slightly withdraw the male from the female socket converter. Thought both being from the same manufacturer, there wouldn't be a 4.4 problem? Where can you get the tiny rubber spacer to solve this or what is it called if on Amazon etc?

Dec 31, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #9,798 of 13,478
I bought a Fiio 4.4 cable for Amp8EX (when it arrives:k701smile:) and a Fiio 4.4/2.5 converter to use with existing DAPs balanced connection. I also found only one channel, until I slightly withdraw the male from the female socket converter. Thought both being from the same manufacturer, there wouldn't be a 4.4 problem? Where can you get the tiny rubber spacer to solve this or what is it called if on Amazon etc?
I have a regular amp8 and it happened to me, exactly the same situation. I use an spacer for less than a day and it started again (with the spacer). I started to play again with the adapter and to my surprise, I connected it all the way and worked perfectly... in other words, it fixed itself (do not ask me the reason why).

Dec 31, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #9,799 of 13,478
I have a regular amp8 and it happened to me, exactly the same situation. I use an spacer for less than a day and it started again (with the spacer). I started to play again with the adapter and to my surprise, I connected it all the way and worked perfectly... in other words, it fixed itself (do not ask me the reason why).

Free floating audio pixie dust.

Dec 31, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #9,800 of 13,478
Woa, so today I did something very crazy. What I do ? I browsed Tidal Store by Chrome browser, which comes with Android out of the box.

Then I did all the plethora payment setup and blah blah...I picked an album....then downloaded FLAC.

I then even used FileManager which comes preset with Android out of the box. Copied and moved into another newly created root Folder of choice. Voila!!!! Buying newer tracks / album has never been easier.

Though I still prefer CD and rip into WAV. But this will do in the darkest of days when I can’t be bothered to search and wait around for the CD to get shipped

One trick I found is to download each song manually instead of doing all at once, they may get messed up

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #9,802 of 13,478
Sorry if this has been mentioned before ... I'm considering dx220 purchase. I thought I heard that Android Play Store not available and apps must be loaded with apk. Does this mean I can or cannot run UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro)?

Thanks.
You can run whatever you want to, and buy whatever you want too

Dec 31, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #9,803 of 13,478
@AndrewH13 I'm currently using Fiio Lc4.4d cable. The 4.4mm plug works fine with amp8ex-fe. CA02 adaptor 4.4mm male works fine too. Inside the package for amp8ex-fe there's some spacers included.

Happy New Year everyone! :gs1000smile:

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #9,804 of 13,478
Sorry if this has been mentioned before ... I'm considering dx220 purchase. I thought I heard that Android Play Store not available and apps must be loaded with apk. Does this mean I can or cannot run UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro)?

Thanks.

Yes, Google Play Store is not loaded by default on the Android OS, you need to install the Lurker Add on (choose the appropriate version with the DX220 firmware version) and verify the device to Google the instructions on how it is done is on the READ ME txt file included on the Lurker install files.

That is when you can download and install the UAPP on your DX220.

Hope this helps.

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #9,805 of 13,478

Yeah I had the same issues with the Fiio cable, I switched to the IBasso CA02 adapter and that works a whole lot better

Dec 31, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #9,806 of 13,478
Woa, so today I did something very crazy. What I do ? I browsed Tidal Store by Chrome browser, which comes with Android out of the box.

Then I did all the plethora payment setup and blah blah...I picked an album....then downloaded FLAC.

I then even used FileManager which comes preset with Android out of the box. Copied and moved into another newly created root Folder of choice. Voila!!!! Buying newer tracks / album has never been easier.

Though I still prefer CD and rip into WAV. But this will do in the darkest of days when I can’t be bothered to search and wait around for the CD to get shipped

One trick I found is to download each song manually instead of doing all at once, they may get messed up

Definitely agree with you on Wav vs. Flac. Qobuz has redbook wavs. I purchase them on Mac, but I don't know if the procedure is simple for Android.

Dec 31, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #9,807 of 13,478

Thanks.

just updated to the latest software. and google play store seems to be running smoothly after the update. no crash notifications anymore.:ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Jan 1, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #9,808 of 13,478
Happy New Year!

Jan 1, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #9,809 of 13,478
FCEEBDFE-6E37-4B4E-99B3-B3C507E45C4D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back