DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Dec 30, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #9,781 of 13,478
I'm using a custom made 4.4mm cable from Brise Audio JP for my Utopia, I don't have connection issue with my AMP8EX, but I DO need spacer when it plug into my iFi iDSD Pro. Dear @Whitigir , I heard you found a permanent solution to fix the 4.4mm spacer connection issue?

Well, I found out couple instances that if you are using Non Pentaconn Socket it Plugs, you will encounter those issues of channel intermittent. I have found that Pentaconn and Furutech is the only trust worthy for reliability and performances. The only thing is that Furutech Plug have a very soft playing materials. If you are using Furutech 4.4mm , you can not plug it into Non-Pentaconn 4.4mm as it will strip off the plating materials.

Therefore the conclusion from my ends is that 4.4 Pentaconn is friendly toward anything. So I constantly use only Pentaconn.

To fix 4.4 socket issues permanently is to open it up and put in spacer inside the socket. Try it and ride along with a listening / wiggling test. The spacers can be any materials that is cut out and can stay in permanently.

The one thing I am certain is that Amp8 does use Pentaconn 4.4mm Socket :)

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #9,784 of 13,478
No doubt they are scared people will keep away from the M15 knowing M15 pro is coming. Actually, its simple - they could just update the screen and the CPU and hey presto, M15 pro.

@Whitigir scared them to dead asking so many questions and being so enthusiastic about the Pro model on M15 thread ...
FiiO had just a few seconds to react before the head-fi crowd disperse, waiting for the "Pro" model... LOL.

For now I'm very pleased with DX229, the attitude and customer relationship of iBasso, something you don't see often.... ah ... and they don't get scared easily :beyersmile:

Dec 30, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #9,787 of 13,478
I will buy DX220 + AMP8 (my first purchases from iBasso). I see that many people are talking about modified versions, should I try to obtain a modded one or just buy the regular one which being retailed worldwide ?

Based on many Headfier’s opinions here in this thread including me after listening to stock amp8, amp8W and now amp8EXFE to my ears and taste amp8EXFE is the most raving amp module when listening to DX220 or even DX200TI...

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #9,789 of 13,478
Which digital filter is the best on dx220?

Twister’s review mentions filter settings -
https://www.google.com/amp/s/twister6.com/2019/05/21/ibasso-dx220/amp/
  • Filter 1 (fast roll-off, linear) – faster, tighter sound, deep low end extension and airier treble extension.
  • Filter 2 (slow roll-off, linear) – deeper bass, more body in lower mids, overall a little thicker low end.
  • Filter 3 (fast roll-off, minimum) – deeper bass with tighter control and faster speed.
  • Filter 4 (slow roll-off, minimum) – deeper bass with tighter control but the speed is slower.
  • Filter 5 (apodizing, linear) – similar to fast roll-off in tonality, but the attack of the sound is slower.
  • Filter 6 (fast roll-off, hybrid) – similar to fast roll-off in tonality, but decay of the sound is longer.
  • Filter 7 (brick wall, linear) – more sub-bass rumble which makes bass sound more powerful.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #9,792 of 13,478
I see a lot of people using YT to listening song. but you can't listening song with the screen off... and yet complain why device battery so bad... duh....

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #9,793 of 13,478
I see a lot of people using YT to listening song. but you can't listening song with the screen off... and yet complain why device battery so bad... duh....

*Cough* *cough* youtube vanced

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #9,794 of 13,478
Well, I found out couple instances that if you are using Non Pentaconn Socket it Plugs, you will encounter those issues of channel intermittent. I have found that Pentaconn and Furutech is the only trust worthy for reliability and performances. The only thing is that Furutech Plug have a very soft playing materials. If you are using Furutech 4.4mm , you can not plug it into Non-Pentaconn 4.4mm as it will strip off the plating materials.

Therefore the conclusion from my ends is that 4.4 Pentaconn is friendly toward anything. So I constantly use only Pentaconn.

To fix 4.4 socket issues permanently is to open it up and put in spacer inside the socket. Try it and ride along with a listening / wiggling test. The spacers can be any materials that is cut out and can stay in permanently.

The one thing I am certain is that Amp8 does use Pentaconn 4.4mm Socket :)

Much appreciate your comment @Whitigir ! My Brise Audio cable use Pentaconn 4.4mm plug, AMP8EX FE use Pentaconn 4.4mm socket, and they work out fine. Now I do notice the 4.4 socket in iFi iDSD Pro striped off the plating materials of my plug and needs a spacer to work properly! I wonder what brand @iFi audio used in the top of the line DAC's 4.4mm socket?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #9,795 of 13,478
Much appreciate your comment @Whitigir ! My Brise Audio cable use Pentaconn 4.4mm plug, AMP8EX FE use Pentaconn 4.4mm socket, and they work out fine. Now I do notice the 4.4 socket in iFi iDSD Pro striped off the plating materials of my plug and needs a spacer to work properly! I wonder what brand @iFi audio used in the top of the line DAC's 4.4mm socket?
I don’t think IFI would disclose it to us as of what they are using, but and however, I am certain that their socket isn’t Pentaconn. Pentaconn socket never strip off the most delicate plating, even on furutech.

it goes like : Pentaconn + Furutech = OK, Pentaconn or Furutech + Non Pentaconn = Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back