DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Nov 19, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #9,121 of 13,478
@thedanadamsusa (and anyone else who's interested!)

Hi there,

I've got a Legend X on loan as it happens, and I'm A/B testing it vs the EE Nemesis.

I'm listening to the DX220 right now with the Legend X.
Unfortunately, I have an issue with using my AMP8 and thus cannot compare how the Legend X fares with it vs the default AMP1 Mk II.
I vaguely recall @PinkyPowers has written a great deal of excellent content about the Legend X, and I think to recall that he also used it with DX220?
So maybe he's got AMP8 and can give some thoughts on that?

All I can say is right now, I've listened to a test track ('Faith & Science, by Marit Larsen) just now.
I'm hearing an expansive soundstage, the thump of the drums is rendered superbly, and all the tiny details are shining :)

Based on memory, I'd suspect AMP8 is going to add a bit more depth and impact to the low end, increase the dynamics, separation and soundstage and possibly the detail levels a bit more too.
If it helps, given that the AMP8EX limited edition run is due to land soon, there might be people selling off standard (or other modded) versions of AMP8 on the For Sale threads here.
So you could probably try one at a cheaper price and sell it on if necessary.

What I *can* say is that I can't imagine you being disappointed with DX220 and Legend X, paired with the default AMP1 Mk II.
It sounds absolutely stunning, and I've listened to choral music, acoustic music, pop, hip-hop, Motown, classical and hard rock so far with it, and it's been surprisingly great with all of them :)

@thedanadamsusa agree on the DX221 and Legend X. Great pairing, i don't think you'll get much improvement elsewhere

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #9,122 of 13,478
The AMP8 is quite amazing... There is no story if compared to the stock AMP1mk2.
There is... its just matter of your preference sound you wanted.

If Pairing with SOLARIS, AMP1mk2 will be great pairing if you want to get the balanced sounding with Mid/Vocal as your main course... even can compete with SP2KCU :ksc75smile: IMHO.

While AMP8 will emphasize on LOW /Bass, especially Mid Bass to get the OOMP... And the Background Hiss is better manage with AMP8 due to better grounding of PENTACONN....

just my 3 cents...
#stillwaitingforAMP8EXedition

Nov 20, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #9,123 of 13,478
There is... its just matter of your preference sound you wanted.

If Pairing with SOLARIS, AMP1mk2 will be great pairing if you want to get the balanced sounding with Mid/Vocal as your main course... even can compete with SP2KCU :ksc75smile: IMHO.

While AMP8 will emphasize on LOW /Bass, especially Mid Bass to get the OOMP... And the Background Hiss is better manage with AMP8 due to better grounding of PENTACONN....

just my 3 cents...
#stillwaitingforAMP8EXedition

IMO If you don't need the huge amount of output power, can go with AMP9. I'm so used to the 9's sound that I cannot go back to 8 now :frowning2:

Nov 20, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #9,124 of 13,478
IMO If you don't need the huge amount of output power, can go with AMP9. I'm so used to the 9's sound that I cannot go back to 8 now :frowning2:
I wanted too... but 3 of 4 person alrd mention about Hiss issued with Solaris. so I passed...

More power = more Dynamic... so yes we need more power

Nov 20, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #9,125 of 13,478
I wanted too... but 3 of 4 person alrd mention about Hiss issued with Solaris. so I passed...

More power = more Dynamic... so yes we need more power

I have both AMP9 and Solaris.
After the last fw update the AMP9 hiss with Solaris clearly decreased to an acceptable trade off. AMP9+Solaris is not 100% hiss free like AMP8+Solaris but it is absolutely acceptable and I feel to recommend this combination.

Nov 20, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #9,126 of 13,478
After the last fw update the AMP9 hiss with Solaris clearly decreased to an acceptable trade off. AMP9+Solaris is not 100% hiss free like AMP8+Solaris but it is absolutely acceptable and I feel to recommend this combination.
Great to know, thanks for sharing.

Even on the newest firmware, I still can't listen to Zeus without IEMatch. The combo is OK, but I don't love Zeus with AMP9 and IEMatch.

I'd like to have a listen to Solaris someday :)

Nov 20, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #9,127 of 13,478
Anyone here with the amp8 nodded by Fidelizer? Specially, signature mod. I’m thinking very seriously to do it but I’m not sure if it’s worth or not

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #9,128 of 13,478
May I know, what SE cable you used ? the SLitz ?

Great to know, thanks for sharing.

Even on the newest firmware, I still can't listen to Zeus without IEMatch. The combo is OK, but I don't love Zeus with AMP9 and IEMatch.

I'd like to have a listen to Solaris someday :)
Yes, be open mind, must tried if possible, so we are not boxes with our own thinking...

For me, having DX221Mk2 already sufficient for most of what my ear wants...
But still I will tried other DAP or IEM to know

Nov 21, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #9,131 of 13,478
upload_2019-11-21_12-4-5.png

On Pure DAP Mango OS mode, the DX229 is Sublime in Sonic Properties. The degree of Realism in Music/signal reproduction is extremely high. If someone's using the terms SQ Flagship, Summit-fi, TOTL, etc. this DAP is one of 'em. The ui in my user experience they are not yet thru' w/ the firmware. But right now, they're capable & not sluggish at all...

Nov 22, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #9,133 of 13,478
2E30C98B-81E7-4971-8B47-6F28D8E40360.jpeg

a new Firmware?
http://musinltd.com/portal/article/index/id/46/cid/19.html

Update details

≪ android mode ≫

· External application when using, Fixed a bug that pause also disconnect the plug does not work

- of 192kHz during file playback has been improved the compatibility of the coaxial digital output

- Added AAC to receive codec of Bluetooth

· Equalizer function is used, 16kHz of the part was fixed a bug that does not work properly

≪Mango mode≫

· AMP9 add the output settings, it can now be more high-output settings

・ High-speed scanning of high-resolution album art

-Fixed a bug that caused noise during DSD playbackThe

8B259DB9-C047-4421-B599-8A4DA66C2535.jpeg

A new case coming from Dignis?

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #9,134 of 13,478

≪Mango mode≫

· AMP9 add the output settings, it can now be more high-output settings
YES!! I am thrilled if this is so. I like the sound of Mango mode but have to push volume up near 100 with some earphones/headphones. Android with the extra gain setting is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back