DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Nov 18, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #9,091 of 13,478
When I bought the tpu case in TaoBao, it came with a tempered glass. I knew that with the glass on, the sensitivity of the screen would be worse but I thought that was worth just to maintain the screen perfect. Nowadays im feeling that the glass its hurting more than it helps and I would like to remove it and have it without anything. Anyone knows if the screen is gorilla glass or something like that just to know that im not gonna scratch on a normal daily use?

Nov 18, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #9,092 of 13,478
Thanks again for your opinion. Have you heard the DX220 and the Legend X? Or have you heard the A&K SP1000M with the Legend X? I'm trying to ascertain what, sonic differences there are between these DAPs. I appreciate that you like the DX220, but many folk are complaining about the sluggish UI. I have seen it in operation and I wouldn't describe it as sluggish! It seems like it's too easy to make a blanket statement like the UI sucks, and completely write off an otherwise solid device.

Thanks!
It definitely not the smoothest, but not quite sluggish either. I'm using the older DX200 and completely fine with it, after all, sound quality is the only thing matters for me in a DAP. I have not had the chance to audition the SP1k in any version but many claims that it is not that much different given the 3x price

Nov 18, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #9,094 of 13,478
Just as a friendly reminder of what I discovered and reported early in this thread - with PEQ there is no initial 6dB reduction before the settings are applied like we have with normal EQ. So if one is not careful you might end up driving into the clipping zone (and a 15 yard penalty :ksc75smile:!)...

Cheers,
Tim
I just tried PEQ this weekend for the first time and noted the same. A few of my EQ settings produced nasty distortion :frowning2:

Since PEQ is most usefully applied with both boosts and cuts, would iBasso consider adding either a selectable -X db amount, or an auto-decrement based upon PEQ settings?

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #9,096 of 13,478
Anyone on here own - or have heard, a DX220 and use them with Legend X? I’m wondering, as they aren’t especially power hungry, would the Amp8 be a waste of time and it be better to stick with the stock amp? Or does the extra power of Amp8 add more; control, dynamics, and overall quality - even though these IEMs don’t demand it?

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #9,097 of 13,478
I just tried PEQ this weekend for the first time and noted the same. A few of my EQ settings produced nasty distortion :frowning2:

Since PEQ is most usefully applied with both boosts and cuts, would iBasso consider adding either a selectable -X db amount, or an auto-decrement based upon PEQ settings?
I like your idea - suggest you add it to the thread dedicated to software (FW) requests here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/

Cheers,
Tim

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #9,098 of 13,478
Nov 18, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #9,099 of 13,478
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 18, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #9,100 of 13,478
... I appreciate that you like the DX220, but many folk are complaining about the sluggish UI. I have seen it in operation and I wouldn't describe it as sluggish!... Thanks!

It’s not sluggish, your observations match mine and “many” others. “Many” in this sense is more of a perception than a real measurement, the few that come here and complain do it in a tiring and repetitive way, so they look “more”. DX220 is all about enjoying music and what it has to offer, emotions thru fidelity an rhythm, and that’s where DX220 excels - its not a competitor to my iPhone XI

Concerning music but OT, here’s my latest project, restoring to life my wife’s grandfather turntable and amplifier from the early 60’s (I built the TT wood cabinet he he, lots of fun). Enjoy:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #9,102 of 13,478
Hi All,

Does anyone on here own - or has heard, a DX220 with Legend X? I’m wondering, as they aren’t especially power hungry, would the Amp8 be a waste of time and it be better to stick with the stock amp? Or does the extra power of Amp8 add more; control, dynamics, and overall quality - even though these IEMs don’t necessarily demand it?

Nov 18, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #9,103 of 13,478
Hi All,

Does anyone on here own - or has heard, a DX220 with Legend X? I’m wondering, as they aren’t especially power hungry, would the Amp8 be a waste of time and it be better to stick with the stock amp? Or does the extra power of Amp8 add more; control, dynamics, and overall quality - even though these IEMs don’t necessarily demand it?
Better power handling and delivery with lower noise floor is always the things to crave for...there has never been enough power....unless you are trying to directly run your ears buds from speakers connections....then that is a no no

not sure how your specific questions can apply though

Nov 18, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #9,104 of 13,478
Better power handling and delivery with lower noise floor is always the things to crave for...there has never been enough power....unless you are trying to directly run your ears buds from speakers connections....then that is a no no

not sure how your specific questions can apply though

I'm mostly asking the question because many people will have the opinion that something like Amp8 is only necessary for power-hungry IEMs, and headphones. As I'm talking about using Legend X IEMs - which are not difficult to drive, would it be a waste of time using an Amp8? Should I simply stick with the DX220 stock amplification, or would there actually be any tangible benefit from using an Amp8, and it's additional power - even with an IEM like Legend X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back