DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Nov 22, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #9,137 of 13,478
a new Firmware?
http://musinltd.com/portal/article/index/id/46/cid/19.html

Update details

≪ android mode ≫

· External application when using, Fixed a bug that pause also disconnect the plug does not work

- of 192kHz during file playback has been improved the compatibility of the coaxial digital output

- Added AAC to receive codec of Bluetooth

· Equalizer function is used, 16kHz of the part was fixed a bug that does not work properly

≪Mango mode≫

· AMP9 add the output settings, it can now be more high-output settings

・ High-speed scanning of high-resolution album art

-Fixed a bug that caused noise during DSD playbackThe

Is this an unofficial firmware update?
Because it's not on the iBasso webside available (yet) and the link you posted looks a bit 'dodgy' , or lets say --------'unofficial' :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #9,143 of 13,478
Nov 22, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #9,144 of 13,478
This may sound trivial and sorta dumb but should I remove the memory card so that my music don't get erased if an error in the update occurs? Don't @me ya'll.

The DX220 has a spring mechanism to get it out.
Slightly push the memory card inwards, then it comes out 1-2mm so that you can grab it.

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #9,145 of 13,478
Can someone upload the zip file to other website? I thought that it was downloading but im having some issues and I can't upload via OTA as im using Fidelizer rom, and try to revert to the stock one and then update via OTA it will be a lot of work xD

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #9,146 of 13,478
The DX220 has a spring mechanism to get it out.
Slightly push the memory card inwards, then it comes out 1-2mm so that you can grab it.

I know how to insert and remove the card but I was wondering should I remove the card and then do the update? Just don't want to lose the music on the card if the update in some way malfunctions and erases it. I'm probably being too anal about this. LOL

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #9,147 of 13,478
I know how to insert and remove the card but I was wondering should I remove the card and then do the update? Just don't want to lose the music on the card if the update in some way malfunctions and erases it. I'm probably being too anal about this. LOL

I don’t think the firmware will write to the card, but i would anyway recommend to backup your music and not to have it in only one location. :wink:

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #9,148 of 13,478
Nov 22, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #9,150 of 13,478
Hehe, therefore your firmware is also official according to this... :wink:
Just finished updating and doing a quick check of other requested updates in the dedicated software request thread... Disappointed (understatement for sure) that none of the user interface fixes/enhancements have been addressed with this update - understand how busy the iBasso team is with the AMP8EX, DX160, and upcoming DX220Max but some of the requests have been around for many months/since the initial release of the DX220 and would most likely benefit a large percentage of owners. Guess the long wait for the next update starts with no insight into what might be addressed.

Don't get me wrong - I love my DX220 and the sound is just superb.

@Paul - iBasso - would be good to get an understanding in the dedicated thread of what might be coming or in-work for a future update.

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back