DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 24, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #8,973 of 13,478
It sounds like the ex may be almost a different sound signature than stock?

It's said to be an "improvement". The modded AMP8 I have is said to have deeper bass, richer details, and wider sound stage.
I'm not sure on the EX's improvements but the AMP8 I have sounds very nice. I'll compare when I get my EX

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #8,974 of 13,478
You will notice the difference between the stock AMP8 and the AMP8EX immediately! :)

Oct 24, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #8,975 of 13,478
Anyone experiencing occasional wifi drop outs when streaming? I only use dx220 with Tidal. This has happened a few times. There is no Wifi Sleep settings under system with this version of Android.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #8,976 of 13,478
Can I ask if there any N5005 and Dx229 owners here :D Just grab a pair and pairing it with Amp9 on DX200 and as expected I need to push it up to 135 High Gain. Sadly there isn't a new FW for the older model to turn on the High output option for Amp9 so I just wanna ask if DX229 w/ High gain enabled could drive 5005 properly. Thanks in advance.

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #8,978 of 13,478
I'm starting to wonder if iBasso will release further updates for previous models. Been a month since last update only for DX220 and no response from iBasso.

You might try Fidelizer for now:
http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/ibas...ion-v1-13-202-ported-from-dx220-rom-released/

I resorted to installing it on my DX150 just for AMP9 high gain. It works but still waiting for an official release specific to DX150.
Yeah I think we both discussed this on the DX200 thread :D Still I prefer the official version from the developer.

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #8,979 of 13,478
Wow, so I am pretty happy with Mango Pure OS. It is pretty simple, and without EQ, I enjoy the music.

Today on the latest firmware, I am trying out the Parametric EQ and I have gotta say....this PEQ alone is how-much did Ibasso invested toward your bring to us ? Simply Amazing, this can literally make you spend hours and hours on to find your preferred signature! LoL

I still have yet to found mine....I think we need to have a special dedicated thread to “DX220 Share your Favorite PEQ setting”

If you are a fan of EQ , I think you will absolutely love it

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #8,980 of 13,478
Wow, so I am pretty happy with Mango Pure OS. It is pretty simple, and without EQ, I enjoy the music.

Today on the latest firmware, I am trying out the Parametric EQ and I have gotta say....this PEQ alone is how-much did Ibasso invested toward your bring to us ? Simply Amazing, this can literally make you spend hours and hours on to find your preferred signature! LoL

I still have yet to found mine....I think we need to have a special dedicated thread to “DX220 Share your Favorite PEQ setting”

Just as a friendly reminder of what I discovered and reported early in this thread - with PEQ there is no initial 6dB reduction before the settings are applied like we have with normal EQ. So if one is not careful you might end up driving into the clipping zone (and a 15 yard penalty :ksc75smile:!)...

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #8,981 of 13,478
Just as a friendly reminder of what I discovered and reported early in this thread - with PEQ there is no initial 6dB reduction before the settings are applied like we have with normal EQ. So if one is not careful you might end up driving into the clipping zone (and a 15 yard penalty :ksc75smile:!)...

Cheers,
Tim

I kinda want a bigger screen now....lol!

Oct 26, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #8,983 of 13,478

Yes.. is the thread already exist?

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #8,985 of 13,478
Hello all,
Just bought this amazing dap today.
Wondering what gain should I set with my inear pp8 through balanced port.
It's a digital gain, therefore there is only a software limitation expressed within a numeric range:
Low: from 0 to 100 (on Mango OS)
Medium: from 0 to 100 (on Mango OS)
High: from 0 to 100 (on Mango OS)

I personally use the High gain setting because someone said that this is the higher sound quality setting (no compensation or manipulation of the audio signal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back