DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 11, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #7,307 of 13,478
Just in the last 8 hours, folks have posted conflicting reports about hiss with Solaris and amp1 mkii. Fokta hears "waterfall hiss" and others refer to "minimal" or "no" hiss. Is there hiss or no? This is a big deal for me as I'm coming from a qp2r, which sounds amazing but the hiss is REAL. I want a much blacker background with my next DAP.

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #7,308 of 13,478
Just in the last 8 hours, folks have posted conflicting reports about hiss with Solaris and amp1 mkii. Fokta hears "waterfall hiss" and others refer to "minimal" or "no" hiss. Is there hiss or no? This is a big deal for me as I'm coming from a qp2r, which sounds amazing but the hiss is REAL. I want a much blacker background with my next DAP.

So what does this tell you? :wink: We all hear things differently because people have different ear sensitivity, especially when listening at normal volume level. Hissing is more noticeable when you are idling or at very low volume or in quiet passages of the song. When you are listening at a normal volume level, some will hear it while others won't.

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #7,309 of 13,478
So what does this tell you? :wink: We all hear things differently because people have different ear sensitivity, especially when listening at normal volume level. Hissing is more noticeable when you are idling or at very low volume or in quiet passages of the song. When you are listening at a normal volume level, some will hear it while others won't.

I was actually just reading your review this morning! Your comment there for amp1 mkii was "Mild background hissing when DAP is idling or playing with volume down to zero." Was there noticeable hiss during actual listening? Including at the volume specified in your review for this pairing? Seems like no, but since you're here, can't hurt to ask, right?

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #7,310 of 13,478
I understand,
Solaris is quite sensitive IEM, for my ear, it generates Hiss pairing with DX221Mk2, and it is Unnoticeable for me when the song playing.

if You came from QP2r, based on my exp, DX220 will give u lower hiss when you used the Low Gain on Balance output. By using low Gain, u need to crank the Volume Up to get the Hi Mid Micro detail.

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #7,311 of 13,478
I was actually just reading your review this morning! Your comment there for amp1 mkii was "Mild background hissing when DAP is idling or playing with volume down to zero." Was there noticeable hiss during actual listening? Including at the volume specified in your review for this pairing? Seems like no, but since you're here, can't hurt to ask, right?

To my ears it was hardly noticeable when playing at full volume, with stock amp1mkii. With amp9 it is more noticeable.

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #7,312 of 13,478
You're not going to get a black background with solaris and dx220 , period. there is hiss and you'll hear it.

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #7,313 of 13,478
You're not going to get a black background with solaris and dx220 , period. there is hiss and you'll hear it.
Some will and some won't. You can't say what someone else will hear, no one can do that except the Magic Music god. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back