DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 3, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #7,218 of 13,478
I thought you might have tried all these - sucks that nothing has worked yet. I seem to recall at least a few others experiencing this issue and somehow got theirs revived. Have you tried letting it fully charge yet? I know mine takes about 2 1/2 hours using a QC compatible charger...

Good Luck,
Tim
As far as I remember QC works only when player is on and in Android mode.

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #7,219 of 13,478
I have not invested a QC charger yet.
I am charging it now, will surely try all that over night.

I've had this happen to me a few times on my DX220. Often I'll use the usb charging port off my PC instead of my QC'r. Every time it gets stuck in this lock up cycle I've had to do the power/play combo several times until it finally goes into core reboot mode...then all is well again. My understanding from Paul is it's actually charging even though it doesn't say so.

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #7,220 of 13,478
Aug 3, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #7,221 of 13,478
Reporting back about dead unit.
Just about to give up after charge over night and plug into PC usb, nothing
suggested above working, I did a last try by unplug it from usb and
press the power button, and it just turned on normally!
I notice even after charged over night the battery show as 36%?
I guess that it happened when after drop from 51% to 36%, don't know why.
I will keep it plug in with pc and see if it is charged.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestion.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #7,222 of 13,478

Hey - that is good news! I have read in some other device threads about triggering safe/lockout modes under QC/PD charging protocols - don't know if that is a possibility with the DX220 but maybe Paul could look into this?

@Paul - iBasso - any thoughts on this or inputs from the iBasso team? Could a QC/PD lockout be triggered somehow?

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #7,223 of 13,478

That is one thing about this community… There are more people willing to help you here then in a lot of other threads.

Tim, once again, you’ve helped someone out who’s on the brink of disaster. Bravo bro! Great looking out!

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #7,224 of 13,478
Hey - that is good news! I have read in some other device threads about triggering safe/lockout modes under QC/PD charging protocols - don't know if that is a possibility with the DX220 but maybe Paul could look into this?

@Paul - iBasso - any thoughts on this or inputs from the iBasso team? Could a QC/PD lockout be triggered somehow?

Cheers,
Tim
I don't know. I will have to find out from our software team on Monday.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #7,225 of 13,478

If you can please find a Quick Charger. Most computers don't put out very much current from the USB port and are very slow to charge the DX220 or any QC device. Two or more amps are needed for a normal charge and a QC unit for the 2.5 hours of charge time with the DX220. Also Trying different USB C cables can help as they don't all perform the same.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 3, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #7,226 of 13,478
That is one thing about this community… There are more people willing to help you here then in a lot of other threads.

Tim, once again, you’ve helped someone out who’s on the brink of disaster. Bravo bro! Great looking out!
Thank you sir - I am a firm believer in the mantra of treat others how you want to be treated - learned at a young age and it has stuck with and served me well throughout my life. And as you say - this is an incredible community of selfless and generous people that elevates the hobby!

Of course, "this just my opinion and I could be wrong"... (thank you Dennis Miller)

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #7,227 of 13,478
Sorry for one more question. Some person says yes som no. The otg with external dac works? Thanks a lot

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #7,229 of 13,478
If you can please find a Quick Charger. Most computers don't put out very much current from the USB port and are very slow to charge the DX220 or any QC device. Two or more amps are needed for a normal charge and a QC unit for the 2.5 hours of charge time with the DX220. Also Trying different USB C cables can help as they don't all perform the same.
QC charger ordered.
I hope this lockup and sudden shutdown can be resolved soon (hopefully it is firmware resolvable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back