DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 2, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #7,201 of 13,478
I must admit, the dx160 seems a bit pointless to me. Dx150 is not that old and if you can't afford a dx220 just get a second hand dx200

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #7,203 of 13,478
+1, I think DX220 Max makes more sense.

For most users? Doubtful, at least as a mobile solution. I think there’s a bigger market in the 400-600 USD price bracket that just wants an all in one solution that is slim, sexy and simply works. Look at how popular the latest shiny and FiiO options are. This device looks slicker to me, and iBasso has the edge in software updates and support. A massive 2000 dollar high end player? Less so.

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #7,205 of 13,478
For most users? Doubtful, at least as a mobile solution. I think there’s a bigger market in the 400-600 USD price bracket that just wants an all in one solution that is slim, sexy and simply works. Look at how popular the latest shiny and FiiO options are. This device looks slicker to me, and iBasso has the edge in software updates and support. A massive 2000 dollar high end player? Less so.
You are almost certainly right. But the problem with this market is that the latest shiny fiio, the M11,is more than shiny. It’s a truly fantastic dap that blows away competition.. Trust me,it’s more than shiny. Their customer service is,as you allude,way behind ibasso,but the product is class leading.

Aug 2, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #7,206 of 13,478
You are almost certainly right. But the problem with this market is that the latest shiny fiio, the M11,is more than shiny. It’s a truly fantastic dap that blows away competition.. Trust me,it’s more than shiny. Their customer service is,as you allude,way behind ibasso,but the product is class leading.

I can see there are a few M11 put up on sale.

Aug 2, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #7,207 of 13,478
Maybe. But don’t fool yourself. I have the M11,the DX 220, many other daps. The DX 220 is the better dap. But,in its price bracket, the M 11 is streets ahead of everything on the market. It really is exceptional. But my point was more to do with where ibasso should pitch themselves,and the argument was that I doubt they can out do what fiio have done on the mid market. It’s just an opinion,based only on a consumers experience.

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #7,208 of 13,478
Maybe. But don’t fool yourself. I have the M11,the DX 220, many other daps. The DX 220 is the better dap. But,in its price bracket, the M 11 is streets ahead of everything on the market. It really is exceptional. But my point was more to do with where ibasso should pitch themselves,and the argument was that I doubt they can out do what fiio have done on the mid market. It’s just an opinion,based only on a consumers experience.

Well, subjectively a drum that is made out of the same materials, same designs, and only 5% smaller......would sound the same to many others

Also, subjectively, 5% of differences could make a world of the different to an unrecognizable factors....for example the Human DNA and Monkey DNA is only 2% differences

So....objectively....it depends on your own preferences and point of view. I have a friend who keeps saying that his Galaxy Note 8 sounds just as good as my WM-1Z. I haven’t seen him in a while, I would bet to you that he would claim the same if he compare to my DMP-Z1 :D

Apparently, for my own opinion, there is a clear differences between my friend and a monkey or orangutans for sure

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #7,209 of 13,478
Well, subjectively a drum that is made out of the same materials, same designs, and only 5% smaller......would sound the same to many others

Also, subjectively, 5% of differences could make a world of the different to an unrecognizable factors....for example the Human DNA and Monkey DNA is only 2% differences

So....objectively....it depends on your own preferences and point of view. I have a friend who keeps saying that his Galaxy Note 8 sounds just as good as my WM-1Z. I haven’t seen him in a while, I would bet to you that he would claim the same if he compare to my DMP-Z1 :D

Apparently, for my own opinion, there is a clear differences between my friend and a monkey or orangutans for sure

Well said, my friend.

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #7,210 of 13,478
I must admit, the dx160 seems a bit pointless to me. Dx150 is not that old and if you can't afford a dx220 just get a second hand dx200
Sure, DX160 RP must be somewhere between 5-600$, an used DX200 with swappable amp modules would be better. Maybe this DX160 need more powerful CPU so it wouldn't be pointless and be a direct competitor to Fiio M11, R6/R5...

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #7,211 of 13,478
Sure, DX160 RP must be somewhere between 5-600$, an used DX200 with swappable amp modules would be better. Maybe this DX160 need more powerful CPU so it wouldn't be pointless and be a direct competitor to Fiio M11, R6/R5...
Never ending maybes. Maybe its made inorder to be more portable. Maybe not.

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #7,212 of 13,478
Bad news to me, I left my dx220 on my desk with 51% of battery power, and with WiFi on.
Tonight, it won’t turn on, I thought battery has dried out, so I plug it in for charging,
but it still won’t turn on even after 30min on charge.
Anyone has such issue, any idea what is going on?

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #7,213 of 13,478
Bad news to me, I left my dx220 on my desk with 51% of battery power, and with WiFi on.
Tonight, it won’t turn on, I thought battery has dried out, so I plug it in for charging,
but it still won’t turn on even after 30min on charge.
Anyone has such issue, any idea what is going on?
Here are a couple of things to try:
1) Hold the power button down for 10 - 30 seconds (if you haven't already tried this)
2) Hold power + play (I believe this combination has been reported to trigger a reset) together for 10+ seconds
3) Remove your memory card and try the above
4) Connect your DX220 to your computer via the USB cable and see if that gets it out of the coma
5) Let it completely charge over night and try some of the above

If all else fails - contact Paul to see what he recommends.

Any other ideas to help out?

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #7,214 of 13,478
@CobraMan thanks for reaching out.
I will tried all that, actually, I did 3) &1) already and it didn’t work.
I guess that the battery is dead, without power Nothing will work.
I am kind of disappointed with the quality, if nothing working I am returning it
As I bought this on Amazon, I know Amazon will surely help on the return.

Aug 3, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #7,215 of 13,478
@CobraMan thanks for reaching out.
I will tried all that, actually, I did 3) &1) already and it didn’t work.
I guess that the battery is dead, without power Nothing will work.
I am kind of disappointed with the quality, if nothing working I am returning it
As I bought this on Amazon, I know Amazon will surely help on the return.
I thought you might have tried all these - sucks that nothing has worked yet. I seem to recall at least a few others experiencing this issue and somehow got theirs revived. Have you tried letting it fully charge yet? I know mine takes about 2 1/2 hours using a QC compatible charger...

Good Luck,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back