DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 2, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #7,186 of 13,478
Yes,thank you. Although primarily a gaming headset? A ridiculously good one. But I have Bowers and Wilkins PX,AudioTechnica DSR 9BT,Amiron Home Wireless. All Aptx hd and,in my humble opinion,the very best wireless headphones. Just an opinion of course. It might be Bluetooth 5 makes apt x hd less relevant,not sure. But I am sure ibasso will have thought this through.
I’ve tried Mobius with Iphone and ibasso, and it’s like comparison of mp3 and dsd. I hope the difference between aptx and ldac will be less.

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #7,187 of 13,478
We are looking into the shutting down. We have 3 DX220 that play all the time but haven't duplicated this but will continue to investigate. For those with the problem, has anyone used the Android Tool and .img firmware to wipe the DX220 to do a fresh factory firmware install? After doing that you would then update directly to the latest firmware. The USB/DAC Driver for Windows also has be be installed on the computer.

Android Tool:

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/AndroidTool.zip

.img firmware for use with the Android Tool for DX22:
Android Tool:

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX220-v1.12-image.zip
Hi @Paul - iBasso , the problem of sudden shutdown still exists for me. I followed your steps to do a fresh factory firmware install and it still happened. No other apps were installed.

Would you be able to advise on what to do?

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #7,188 of 13,478
Hi @Paul - iBasso , the problem of sudden shutdown still exists for me. I followed your steps to do a fresh factory firmware install and it still happened. No other apps were installed.

Would you be able to advise on what to do?
We are still trying to figure this out. Can you try playing one song on repeat and see if this happens (when you have time)? This would tell us if it is some sort of software issue.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 2, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #7,189 of 13,478
We are still trying to figure this out. Can you try playing one song on repeat and see if this happens (when you have time)? This would tell us if it is some sort of software issue.
Hey Paul, thanks for the quick reply! Yes I am playing one song on repeat because I am still burning in my player and IEMs. Most of the time, it occurs when 1 song is played on repeat. Though I briefly recalled there was a case where my music was on shuffle and the same issue occured.

There was also once when I was charging it and tried to wake the screen, but it didnt wake. Had to hard reset.

Just to elaborate, this issue only happens when you try to wake the screen. The music continues to play until I wake the screen. And everything goes silent and the screen doesn't wake.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #7,190 of 13,478
67951733_2807125319316662_5328114557997023232_n.jpg

Wow, very sleek design. Seems like this device can't swap amp modules.

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #7,196 of 13,478
Wow indeed. I like that a lot. A successor/logical updgrade to the DX120? :)

As others mentioned, I also see it as an upgrade to DX150 since it's Android based. Actually, DX160 makes a perfect sense. Keep flagship DX220 modular, and have a slimmer/slicker Android mid-fi model. And the only way to make it slimmer/slicker/lighter is to have head-amp integrated. Seems a new popular mid-fi trend lately with upcoming releases of DX160, R5, and PAW6k.

Aug 2, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #7,197 of 13,478
As others mentioned, I also see it as an upgrade to DX150 since it's Android based. Actually, DX160 makes a perfect sense. Keep flagship DX220 modular, and have a slimmer/slicker Android mid-fi model. And the only way to make it slimmer/slicker/lighter is to have head-amp integrated. Seems a new popular mid-fi trend lately with upcoming releases of DX160, R5, and PAW6k.

Interesting. That sounds even better, so I'm happy to be wrong :D

Aug 2, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #7,198 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso is the software team looking into fixing the DC01 issue with certain Android devices?

The Android app UAPP was fixed and the DC01 now works for me when using that. Other apps I've tried still don't recognize it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back