DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 31, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #7,157 of 13,478
@artpiggo , I purchased and install neutron on dx220, but when I play dsd, it only emit noise, then the player cannot play any other music file.
Is it some setting that I should set?.

Screenshot_20190801-054426_Chrome.jpg

Jul 31, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #7,159 of 13,478
Thanks, but this doesn’t help, it emit clicking sound all the time.
Which version should I download for dx220, as in neutron web site, it lists 6 links.

Clicking sound need to have for sure.

Aug 1, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #7,161 of 13,478
Which version should I download for dx220, as in neutron web site, it lists 6 links.
The safest is to install Neutron from Google Play. From the site, ARM64_USB_NO_DEF version is what you need.

Aug 1, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #7,163 of 13,478
for amp9, besides better a lush and textured base, how is the mid range ? it is it full body and slightly forward compared to other amps ?

Compare to Amp8, Amp9's midrange is more forward and fuller body imo.

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #7,166 of 13,478
It seems I'm not alone in having USB DAC problems with a MacBook, but is anyone else having Bluetooth DAC problems with Apple products?

I cannot get my MacBook to use anything other than SBC with my DX220, despite trying literally every possible fix. I suspect, but cannot confirm, my iPad and iPhone are also using only SBC. There is a lag between video and audio when watching stuff on both.

Edit: I did a full firmware reset last night. The above mentioned problems (both USB and Bluetooth DAC) persist.

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #7,167 of 13,478
It seems I'm not alone in having USB DAC problems with a MacBook, but is anyone else having Bluetooth DAC problems with Apple products?

I cannot get my MacBook to use anything other than SBC with my DX220, despite trying literally every possible fix. I suspect, but cannot confirm, my iPad and iPhone are also using only SBC. There is a lag between video and audio when watching stuff on both.

Edit: I did a full firmware reset last night. The above mentioned problems (both USB and Bluetooth DAC) persist.

I don’t use Apple MAC, but Idevices only. I have had no problems by far with IPhones and IPad in Bluetooth . No problems by far with USB-DAC on Windows 10

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #7,169 of 13,478
I don’t use Apple MAC, but Idevices only. I have had no problems by far with IPhones and IPad in Bluetooth . No problems by far with USB-DAC on Windows 10

Does anyone know a way to check which codec is being used by an iPad?

Im using my MacBook Pro Retina Late 2013 with a Fiio Q5 working on bluetooth mode and it works flawlessly, no issues

Does your DX220 use a codec other than SBC with your MacBook itself?

My USB DAC problems seem to be related to the thunderbolt confusion mentioned above with recent, all USB-C MacBook pros. But the mystery of the bluetooth connections remains.

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #7,170 of 13,478
I have recently ordered the DX220 and very much looking forward to it. Naive question but one that’s on my mind. Bluetooth seems to be limited to LDAC and Aptx. I don’t have LDAC headphones,but have three aptxhd capable headsets,all awesome I might add. Does anyone know the rationale behind leaving out Aptx HD? The very best wireless headphones do not have LDAC although I accept Sony have made a very good headphone,so,with such a well specced dap, there must be a rationale. Does Bluetooth 5 somehow compensate for the higher compression rate of standard apt x?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back