DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 9, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #4,696 of 13,478
Have you tried performing a factory reset yet? If not then give it a try, rescan the music (Android mode and Mango mode have to be done separately), and see if that helps.

Regarding not being recognized as a USB storage device - see page 18 of the owners manual for instructions on how to set the DX220 for various modes when connected. There is a link to the manual on the first post of this thread or you can go directly to iBasso's website and find it there.

I know this does not answer all of your questions but might get you going...

Let me know how it goes or if you have already tried these things and maybe the collective here can help.

Cheers,
Tim
I had the same problem. I created a folder called Music on the SD card and copied the album folders directly from the Itunes library manually. After that the DX220 scanned all my files under Android. The strange thing is that Dapper works with all my other DAPs but not with the IBasso.

Jun 9, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #4,697 of 13,478
Does anyone use. imported playlists in Mango OS?

I created some playlists in standard M3U format. They don't get recognized during scanning, but you can select them in the directory and Mango OS asks if you want to import them. They then show up under the playlists menu.

However, when you tap on them nothing happens. If you call up the contextual menu and tap play, nothing happens.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #4,701 of 13,478
I noticed Paul has updated the first post with AMP9 photo, is it coming soon now? :ksc75smile:

It will release the same day when your salary/income is put into bank account.

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #4,702 of 13,478
Jun 10, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #4,703 of 13,478
Have you tried performing a factory reset yet? If not then give it a try, rescan the music (Android mode and Mango mode have to be done separately), and see if that helps.

Regarding not being recognized as a USB storage device - see page 18 of the owners manual for instructions on how to set the DX220 for various modes when connected. There is a link to the manual on the first post of this thread or you can go directly to iBasso's website and find it there.

I know this does not answer all of your questions but might get you going...

Let me know how it goes or if you have already tried these things and maybe the collective here can help.

Cheers,
Tim
I did as you said and it didn't work. Paul@ibasso told me he uses a MBP and AFT and it works. So Tried to attach to my MBP and it didn't work. Here's a transcription of what Happened next. Thank you for your help, making progress!
My reply to Paul:
Thank you for your reply. I tried a Factory reset, as another user suggested and didn't work. However when I saw your message, and you said you use AFT with a MBP, I was encouraged. I tried again on my 2016 MBP, and the DX220 was not found. So again because you told me it works; I came to my wife's computer, a 2011 MBP. And voila it worked. AFT saw the internal storage of the Ibasso, and to test, I transferred some albums and music videos, and both play. I kept having problems because the DX would lock. when i unlocked it it worked. I couldn't see my SD Card? But in the AFT window I saw the "internal storage" at the top left, and the work Ibasso next to it, when I clicked on the Ibasso, it seemed to bring up a listing of my SD Card library. Back on the DX, I scanned the internal storage and can access the music and videos. SO BIG Progress! My SD card access in android is not working.
A few questions:
From your viewpoint is the best way to get music on the DX, AFT and just drag and drop?
What do I D&D, to have iTunes functionality like Album Art etc.
IN the AFT window, how should I be able to see the SD Card?
If the Manago OS sees my files, should I assume, Dapper transferred them OK, and Android Mango should be able to see them?
I travel with my job and won't be back 'till Thursday night. So I will read and work with what I have a see how much more progress I can make. I will read the manual, i printed it. I will reach out to you with Questions I can't answer, Thank you.

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #4,706 of 13,478
I just validated my own question by switching both, slightly difficult to check cause both platform volume does not match. But on Mango it sounds cleaner/clearer - more forward sounding.

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #4,709 of 13,478
+1 with Mango OS..

But since I try the the Fidelizer and also Lurker0, Mango Apps on Android seems promising...
But again, hassle free if you just go with Mango OS...

edit: Ibasso homework is the search feature in MANGO OS, is nightmare....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back