DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #4,666 of 13,478
You won't be disappointed :wink:

I was just about to make up a silver/gold cable for Stella into AMP8 I might have to wait for AMP9 now.

Haven't even been able to try amp8 yet so on Amp1 mkii
Do you just make cables for yourself? I was looking to get a custom silver/gold 4.4mm for my Stellia as well for the AMP8, but the guy who was going to build it has gone quiet.

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #4,667 of 13,478
Actually, you need 3 devices. Human brain is not optimized to find differences: if it is commanded to find a difference, it finds it even if there is no one! The brain is optimized to find similarities: this is how voice, speech, sound, also image, face etc. recognition works, which we constantly use.

So take three devices: 2x with one firmware and 1 with the other, and try to find the couple. Repeat it by flashing them randomly, by somebody else. I'm sure you'll be surprised by the result :D I mean it: with any firmware builds or mods on DX220!

Sometimes I found myself being confused by my wife Twins (identical) Younger sister, especially when drunk and at night.....I used to be slapped in the face and that was when I realized the differences, but I no longer feel the differences.....probably my brain was optimized to ignore the differences :wink:

Just joking* lol

Jun 7, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #4,669 of 13,478
Actually, you need 3 devices. Human brain is not optimized to find differences: if it is commanded to find a difference, it finds it even if there is no one! The brain is optimized to find similarities: this is how voice, speech, sound, also image, face etc. recognition works, which we constantly use.

So take three devices: 2x with one firmware and 1 with the other, and try to find the couple. Repeat it by flashing them randomly, by somebody else. I'm sure you'll be surprised by the result :D I mean it: with any firmware builds or mods on DX220!
hmm.. never thought from that perspective...
will try in the next mini gathering...
Thanks... will update again on this

Well the positive side, I got back my UAPP with ur add on... although Mango player already more than enough.

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #4,671 of 13,478
hi Guys, just want to ask if any one encoutered the same issue I am having with UAPP.

As you can see on the pic below, the UAPP is in direct mode which reads my file correctly 96kHz but as you can see on the top most, it just displays 44.1kHz.

8E48D262-0D61-4E62-9865-0F5990DE1A94.jpeg

But it seems fine when using Hiby Music.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #4,672 of 13,478
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm running a test version of UAPP that recognizes DX220 and plays any PCM and DSD natively. I believe the next release will have it published. Meanwhile, for PCM playback, you may need to manually set it up.

Jun 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #4,679 of 13,478
D55AB2BA-711B-4529-AE94-F1A917DCC12A.jpeg

The portable setup! DX220 with the Amp1mkII, and the Campfire Audio stainless steel twins (Andromeda S and new-to-me Atlas purchased from @AverageDude). Very different types of IEM, but both really rather lovely. The bass on the Atlas is really quite something for someone who is used to a Shure SE535 (years) and recently added the Campfire IEM.

Already really enjoying the single ended output, and I’m currently collecting the bits and pieces required to make some balanced cables, so I can try out the Amp1mkII balanced out and my Amp8. But the Campfire Litz and Pure Silver cables will do very well when the Amp9 arrives, I’ll wager...

In the meantime, I’ve also got bits and pieces for the Millet NuHybrid amp - looking forward to a bit of DIY fun! If I get a little comfortable with that I may eventually do some modding on the iBasso amp unite but right now, I’m just enjoying the music!

(But I may need to stain the case a different color. Really not my style)

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #4,680 of 13,478
Hi all,

I've been rather quiet on here lately.
Just enjoying the music mainly :wink:

Been demo-ing a couple of good IEM's - the Stealthsonics U4 ($499) and U9 ($1099).
It's been wonderful doing critical (and fun!) listening to them on the DX220, and in turn seeing what the DX220 can do.
Reviews of those, and, more relevantly, the DX220 to come next week.

It's been great fun. I'll tell you something, the DX220 has also breathed new life into my IT01 and IT01s, taking them to whole new levels.
Has anyone else had this experience? :)

20190521_123057.jpg
Something for the weekend :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back